Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That would be retarded. Did Luke instantly pickup a light saber and hold his own with it? No.

Rey is a god awful character. When you meet Luke he is a whiny little bitch who had to have Leia save his dumbass after he walked into her cell. Rey? Able to do anything while also saving everyone.

Yeah, I agree. I'm just saying, this is what the studio is going to run with.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sure, while making 77c on the dollar compared to male Jedi tho
ABGUw47.png

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Luke also had Obi-motherfucking-wan Kenobi training him giving him guidance showing him how the force works and shit. Plus he was a motherfucking Skywalker. Rey just picked up all the force abilities from thin fucking air.

I mean...unless it's clear she trained with Luke when she was younger. Not exactly "thin air" at that point.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Remember what happened to the younglings? Remember how that teenage padawan that tried to save jimmy smitts but couldn't even take 3 blaster shots?

Rey being trained up until she was 5 doesn't make any sense for her current abilities.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember what happened to the younglings? Remember how that teenage padawan that tried to save jimmy smitts but couldn't even take 3 blaster shots?

Rey being trained up until she was 5 doesn't make any sense for her current abilities.

Using anything from the prequels to support an argument is what doesn't make any sense.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Using anything from the prequels to support an argument is what doesn't make any sense.

Logic then? How many 4 or 5 year olds you know become good sword fighters and then stop doing it for 20 years then start all over again and be just as good?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Logic then? How many 4 or 5 year olds you know become good sword fighters and then stop doing it for 20 years then start all over again and be just as good?

When I come across someone sensitive to the force I'll let you know.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
When I come across someone sensitive to the force I'll let you know.

:emoji_rolling_eyes:

I guess if you consider none of the previous star wars movies to be legitimate then of course TFA stands alone and Rey is the only Disney Jedi.

In Disney, all kids whose parents buy the right toys are instant Jedis!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
:emoji_rolling_eyes:

I guess if you consider none of the previous star wars movies to be legitimate then of course TFA stands alone and Rey is the only Disney Jedi.

I'll save my complaints to when we find out her actual backstory instead of bitching and moaning ahead of time on speculation. I have more important things to complain about first.

Gavinmad Gavinmad
starkiller-base-from-the-force-awakens.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

Let's not pretend that this was ushered in with Disney. Lucas built his empire on the backs of such padawans. Disney is just letting his machine run the way he designed it, in that regard at least.

• 1Like

Royal

Toy pic concerning an old rumor about Snoke ...

... confirms that he is indeed a tall fella.

915mOVex%2B-L._SL1500_.jpg

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'll save my complaints to when we find out her actual backstory instead of bitching and moaning ahead of time on speculation. I have more important things to complain about first.

Gavinmad Gavinmad
starkiller-base-from-the-force-awakens.gif

What you're concerned the entire star wars galaxy is within 10AU of each other?

Also, does the dumb galaxy have a name even, like we call ours the Milky way?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Let's not pretend that this was ushered in with Disney. Lucas built his empire on the backs of such padawans. Disney is just letting his machine run the way he designed it, in that regard at least.

Duh

But in the original movies it was like the entire trilogy before Luke wasn't a Jedi pushover after hard training. I mean that was like half the trilogy in focus, that he was a weak bitch, even at the end he got smoked by both Palps and Vader, only managed to beat an 80 year old Vader with dark side and PCP.

Royal

I was only speaking to the merchandising associated with the movies. The lack of precedent discussion concerning Rey's force powers got boring when it was talked into the ground after TFA.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Supposedly that is a big descriptor floating around about Snoke. I know I have seen several YouTube videos and a few articles all saying we will finally get to see his "golden robes". Supposedly this is meant to indicate that he's a different type of evil. That he does care about money, wealth, power, etc. He's not necessarily political or spiritual (or traditionalist maybe) but he's something different.

This is just me spouting out pieces of info i've picked up online so who knows....

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've only seen TFA once and I don't think Rey is a particularly well done character, but didn't they make references to the Force essentially throwing itself / power into Rey because the balance had been fucked up for so long? I would give her instant-super-force-mastery the benefit of the doubt because of that but maybe it's some theory someone else made that I liked as an excuse for that plot hole.

Royal

Supposedly that is a big descriptor floating around about Snoke. I know I have seen several YouTube videos and a few articles all saying we will finally get to see his "golden robes". Supposedly this is meant to indicate that he's a different type of evil. That he does care about money, wealth, power, etc. He's not necessarily political or spiritual (or traditionalist maybe) but he's something different.

This is just me spouting out pieces of info i've picked up online so who knows....

I think that is all conjecture based largely on a picture from one of the art books that came out after TFA showing the model of Snoke's upper torso with some elaborate gold and cream colored cloth draped around the shoulders. I don't know if that says anything beyond the photographer thought it looked good. I'm not saying that those guesses are necessarily wrong but there is a strong tendency among many fans to attach significance to every piece of minutia as if everything was choreographed around a tightly detailed plan. A lot of it isn't. I actually kinda doubt Abrams or Kasdan put much thought into Snoke beyond what we've already seen on screen.