Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Fadaar

That guy
I think he's talking about Yoda knocking Palpatines guards aside force style in Ep 3

Ehh that was Yoda at the height (lolz) of his power, bit unfair to the guards.

The damage we see on snoke makes me think we're going to find out who he is in Rebels or one of the anthology movies.

God he is one ugly fucker. I'd honestly rather them not give him any back story and just leave it up to the imagination, kind of like how Palpatine was in the OT. At least the prequels didn't fuck Palpatine up, if anything it made me like him even more as a character. The Clone Wars made him even better, the fight with him vs Savage and Maul was absolutely incredible.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think he's talking about Yoda knocking Palpatines guards aside force style in Ep 3

Ah ok.

I don't recall a lot of the smaller moments in the prequels since I've only watched any of them once or twice.

Royal

The damage we see on snoke makes me think we're going to find out who he is in Rebels or one of the anthology movies.

I don't think that will be revealed in Rebels. The last season will have started before the movie is out and it's not set in the right time period for Snoke to be on anyone's radar.

Royal

God he is one ugly fucker. I'd honestly rather them not give him any back story and just leave it up to the imagination, kind of like how Palpatine was in the OT. At least the prequels didn't fuck Palpatine up, if anything it made me like him even more as a character.

Rian Johnson agrees with you (as do I).

"Similar to Rey’s parentage, Snoke is here to serve a function in the story. And a story is not a Wikipedia page. For example, in the original trilogy, we didn’t know anything about the Emperor except what Luke knew about him, that he’s the evil guy behind Vader. Then in the prequels, you knew everything about Palpatine because his rise to power was the story.” In The Last Jedi, Johnson says, “we’ll learn exactly as much about Snoke as we need to.

‘Star Wars’: Snoke’s Guards Revealed; Rian Johnson Teases How Much We’ll Learn about the Villain

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Considering TFA was a shot for shot remake of ANH, im going with thats just a good way to explain your writers are dog shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Considering TFA was a shot for shot remake of ANH, im going with thats just a good way to explain your writers are dog shit.

Well Rian Johnson is the writer in this case. Hearing him give the same rationale for not putting a focus on Snoke's backstory that I have for not wanting a full on Yoda or Han or Boba Fett backstory is for me more a sign of him be at least a decent writer since thats not some profound mystery of the craft (but his other work as a writer/directer shows he's well above decent). Give em just enough and let the viewers' imaginations fill in the holes. Lingering questions are not a bad thing.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I would agree with this, some times a little bit of mystery or unknown is a good thing.

On the other hand watched Eps7 when it came on the TV again and American Inventor garbage man stormtoopers and some rando whore you masters the force in seconds without training just doesn't work.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
some rando whore you masters the force in seconds without training just doesn't work.

Just can't process it.

Rey says Luke got powerful real fast just like Rey when confronted on it. If you know female psychology, this could mean she is aware of how OP Rey is. There isn't a good factual argument to claim Luke was a similar character that I can think of off the top of my head. So this has got to be a defensive lie on Daisy Ridley's part.

I agree with her Mary Sue is not the best way to go about voicing these problems with the character, but its a name that was specifically adopted and coined to describe certain character traits. I'm not sure if we should call that sexist.

Jar Jar Abrams should have taken a step back and said to himself, "Wait a second this isn't a one-off Michael Bay blockbuster, its a trilogy. I need a story arc". Why that didn't happen shows how little he was interested in something that he wasn't a part of (directing all 3 movies). He seems to have given the trilogy barely any consideration. I think it was selfish and unfair to Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow. Added to how he blew off Mark Hamill and I'm basically done with him.

All we can do is hope the ridiculousness is reversible.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I mean why Not? Right? Shits proliferating probably close to 80% of all tv content right now. Even Netflix has to have the token gay shit in every exclusive series. I don't care if your gay or what you do at home, but why do I have to watch this shit on almost every God damned show?

It's only to spread the liberal message. So if you complain about it then you're a homophobe fascist racist fuckface, and a small group of people will raise a stink online and try to get you fired, despite them being unemployed and living off of the tax dollars you pay. And even if you don't complain about the amount of gay shit on TV, they'll still find a way to attack you. And god forbid if a tranny is involved.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rey says Luke got powerful real fast just like Rey when confronted on it. If you know female psychology, this could mean she is aware of how OP Rey is. There isn't a good factual argument to claim Luke was a similar character that I can think of off the top of my head. So this has got to be a defensive lie on Daisy Ridley's part.

Return of the Jedi was less than a year after Empire Strikes Back. Does TFA even span a week?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Luke had a fucking training montage. Closest rey had was a force vision montage. The only way she's not a mary sue is if we find out she had been previously trained and then her talent hidden. But, she was like 4 when she was dropped off, so that's highly unlikely. Maybe if they implanted memories into her and she'd really only been on jakku for a couple years.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
She's full of shit, sexist my butt. Her character is pretty much perfect, she is the best of Luke+Lea+Han.
How many mistakes has she made? One? When he accidentally released those men eating animals or whatever they are on the Falcon. Followed by her fixing the situation, and then fixing the Falcon itself.
Force stuff? Got it.
Lightsabre stuff? Got it.
Falcon stuff? Got it.
Don't need men to do anything? Got it.
etc...
Her character has no flaws, if you look up the dictionary under Mary Sue, her picture should be there. That's why she blows, and the entire movie too.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Luke also had Obi-motherfucking-wan Kenobi training him giving him guidance showing him how the force works and shit. Plus he was a motherfucking Skywalker. Rey just picked up all the force abilities from thin fucking air.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Luke also had Obi-motherfucking-wan Kenobi training him giving him guidance showing him how the force works and shit. Plus he was a motherfucking Skywalker. Rey just picked up all the force abilities from thin fucking air.

I think the big reveal is going to be that she is the daughter of somebody that we already know is Force sensitive, so it will make sense that she is such a natural. It's a cop out, for sure. They should have set it up better.

Nobody is going to comment on this? What the fuck is that??

Every movie needs cartoon rabbits and frogs, bro. The kids need to enjoy that shit.

• 1Like

Royal

It's called a porg. They are a type of "bird" on the island that Luke has been on. It's the cutesy, merchandising hook for TLJ in the vein of the ewoks and Baby Groot. Hopefully they just hang around for a few aww's and don't play any sort of actual role though. Supposedly Chewie takes in interest in them or they in him during his time on the island (it'll warm dead Han's heart to know the hole he left in his best friend's life was filled by the offspring of Grumpy Cat and a penguin.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think the big reveal is going to be that she is the daughter of somebody that we already know is Force sensitive, so it will make sense that she is such a natural. It's a cop out, for sure. They should have set it up better.
That would be retarded. Did Luke instantly pickup a light saber and hold his own with it? No.

Rey is a god awful character. When you meet Luke he is a whiny little bitch who had to have Leia save his dumbass after he walked into her cell. Rey? Able to do anything while also saving everyone.

• 1Solidarity

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider

They're the 21st century version of Ewoks. Genetically modified to be cuter, cuddlier, more adorable, more snuggly, sell more toys, sell more Happy Meals, etc. To whom is this not obvious?

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That would be retarded. Did Luke instantly pickup a light saber and hold his own with it? No.

Rey is a god awful character. When you meet Luke he is a whiny little bitch who had to have Leia save his dumbass after he walked into her cell. Rey? Able to do anything while also saving everyone.

Sure, while making 77c on the dollar compared to male Jedi tho

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users