Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What if they swap.

Kylo kills Leia, realizes he's got nothing left after his revenge is done and starts resenting Snoke by the end of movie two. By movie three, be turns against him.

Rey starts getting upset at Luke and his refusal to train her. She gets rash and gets captured, but to her surprise finds Snoke really doesn't even care about the first order and is willing to throw them away. Rey sees her chance to work against them from the inside and starts planning at the end of movie two. In movie three she realizes too late Snoke has corrupted her and Kylo ends up saving her at the end in the finale.

Kylo is wanted and disappears as a hermit, Rey is seen as a traitor so she goes somewhere else as well.

• 2Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Well that would still involve Rey going black hat and let's be honest here, Kathleen Kennedy isn't gonna be down for that. She may put a toe over the line to going bad but never take the step over to the other side.

I could see something more along the lines of Kylo coming to the realization that his father's words to him are true, that Snoke will use him up and discard him when he's of no value to him anymore. He seeks out Rey, who Luke doesn't want to teach, for her help in getting rid of Snoke and offering to show her what he can (and he's already offered to teach her once). Her temptation would be much like what Vader offered to Luke in ESB, to learn and rule by Kylo's side and end the hostilities between the First Order and the rest of the galaxy. In her mind, she would be ending it's abuses from within. And it would be consistent with the Sith practice of apprentices taking apprentices of their own and displacing their masters even though Kylo isn't strictly Sith.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Blame Kenner.

You couldn't just buy his action figure back in the day. You had to send in proofs of purchase from other figures to get him.

You could almost add the diaper head Dengar to the always forgotten list but he does get plenty of love on the Lego Star Wars show, though hardly anyone watches it.

Nien Nunb and the Emperor were mail aways too

Sterling

El Presidente
Many of the human characters didn't have figures at all! Wasn't a Wedge figure until many years later.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well that would still involve Rey going black hat and let's be honest here, Kathleen Kennedy isn't gonna be down for that. She may put a toe over the line to going bad but never take the step over to the other side.

I could see something more along the lines of Kylo coming to the realization that his father's words to him are true, that Snoke will use him up and discard him when he's of no value to him anymore. He seeks out Rey, who Luke doesn't want to teach, for her help in getting rid of Snoke and offering to show her what he can (and he's already offered to teach her once). Her temptation would be much like what Vader offered to Luke in ESB, to learn and rule by Kylo's side and end the hostilities between the First Order and the rest of the galaxy. In her mind, she would be ending it's abuses from within. And it would be consistent with the Sith practice of apprentices taking apprentices of their own and displacing their masters even though Kylo isn't strictly Sith.

Yeah this whole sith but not really sith device has yet to demonstrate value. I hope its not just some corporatist (JJ) goons idea to make it "new and fresh", because if sith are still doing sith things, and adhering to sith behaviors and policies...well thats fucking sith..

dont piss on my back and tell me its raining

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aside from the fact that the Sith existed for thousands of years before Darth Bane imposed the Rule of Two, dark side traditions other than the Sith exist. There's no reason to suddenly shoehorn in the master and apprentice shit again.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider

There is no chance of Rey turning bad. They would never do that. Not even sure it would be the best approach, though I kinda like it purely for speculation's sake.

Kylo eventually realizing he's been had, tempting Rey to join the Knights of Ren and lashing out seems fitting. Wouldn't mind Kylo supplanting Snoke by ep IX, becoming more unstable and treacherous.

Royal

Aside from the fact that the Sith existed for thousands of years before Darth Bane imposed the Rule of Two, dark side traditions other than the Sith exist. There's no reason to suddenly shoehorn in the master and apprentice shit again.

Master and apprentice is a basic approach to teaching specialized skill sets. It's not distinctively Sith, Jedi, or even Star Wars. In a scenario with so very few force users around I'm not sure how you'd avoid whatever arrangement for instructing new force users being seen as the same thing.

And I'm not talking about Kylo using Rey to pursue the Rule of Two or restoring the Sith order just that the fact of that being how the Sith functioned for so long would give an added sense of Rey playing with fire if she did agree to work with him.

Royal

Yeah this whole sith but not really sith device has yet to demonstrate value. I hope its not just some corporatist (JJ) goons idea to make it "new and fresh", because if sith are still doing sith things, and adhering to sith behaviors and policies...well thats fucking sith..

dont piss on my back and tell me its raining

I don't think that originated with Abrams. I think it's been a Story Group objective since the reset button for canon was pressed. I think it's a change that's seen to open up possibilities on the narrative side if you don't have to define every force sensitive that supposed to be a good-sider considered a failure to their own creed for developing romantic interests or establishing a family.

And it is harder to do on the dark side user of things because beyond the "always two with the Sith" line from the prequels there hasn't been much in the movies to define what makes the Sith, the Sith. So it's going to be harder to distinguish any evil force user from "different in name only". The Jedi beliefs have been much more fleshed out.

Last edited:

Royal

I never had a favorite Snoke theory but I think I've finally found one.

b70295ed1a2b43319c64e90629ac42d5

• 13Worf
  • 8Like
Reactions: 20 users

Royal

Some screenings of Coco had a BTS reel (slightly different from the one shown at D23 this summer) shown in front of them this weekend. This is the first complete version of it I've seen so far.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So Porgs are going to be the money grabs pushed down all of our throats and at the same time into all of our children's Christmas presents.

• 2Barf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I had to choose get rid of CGI Snoke or get rid of porgs, its CGI Snoke. For me Snoke oozes a lot more PG rated teen movie vibe than porgs do at present.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just what glimpses I catch as I'm wheeling thru pay channels. Snoke is right at home in Dark Tower Fantasy Things Whatever sequel #267

Surprised he made it into Last Jedi-- there's gotta be a bajillion copyright infringement suits pending from these bopper flicks.

Its the creative fuckup of the franchise-- JJ talking about practical effects, then nada.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

There's a lot of practical effects in TFA. There's also a lot of CG effects. The two aren't mutually exclusive.