Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
They're reusing a lot of the same footage for the TV spots over and over but they tacked on a extra half second to the Rey and the rock scene that, when you pair it with one of the new Lego set box covers, is a little revealing.

0ySP4OT.jpg

What's Luke holding? Something he made out of stuff that washed up ashore like on Castaway?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So did cast and crew get to watch the movie last night and the media see the first 10 minutes? What country gets to watch it first?

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
It's a Journeyman's Walking stick. Luke gonna use that shit to proc tash on Snoke so that Snoke can't resist his Force Shock spells.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
So did cast and crew get to watch the movie last night and the media see the first 10 minutes? What country gets to watch it first?
there was a big event last night in Mexico where they showed 10 minutes to the cast and 15 or so random fans. 24 hours later there remains no verifiable leaks of any sort.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Lucasfilm exerting an iron grip on accurate information about their movies prior to release is old hat at this point. Those random fans probably don't want to damage their future chances at randomness so I wouldn't expect much in the way of leaks from them. They probably only saw the first 10 minutes or so of the movie anyway or maybe the clips that were shown to shareholders a while back, the details of which have never fully been released.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So some kid is dying and his make a wish is to see the last jedi. Maybe it's because I'm chaotic neutral in real life, but if I were that kid I'd spoil it all over the internet. I'd write a step by step account of the whole movie and post it EVERYWHERE.

What are they gonna do? Sue him for breaking the NDA? SO LONG SUCKER, LAWYERS AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON CANCER

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lucas knowing better than to show a preview to white people isn't all that much demonstration of grip.

Those random fans probably don't want to damage their future chances at randomness so I wouldn't expect much in the way of leaks from them. They probably only saw the first 10 minutes or so of the movie anyway or maybe the clips that were shown to shareholders a while back, the details of which have never fully been released.

Latin American-itis.

Last edited:

Royal

Lucas knowing better than to show a preview to white people isn't all that much demonstration of grip.

Latin American-itis.

They always do the international promotional tours leading up to the premier event back home. From what I understand they haven't mentioned there being an NDA for the US premier yet but attendees may well show up and be informed of one.

You messed that quote up in the edit btw. That was Miguex.

• 1Like

Royal

Mostly old shots but Asian dude narrator is always a plus.

Last edited:

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I've not seen any of the animated spinoffs. Heard little to nothing of current theories. Looking forward to a damn good story, one that pushes all of the characters and raises the stakes. So long as it's not a retread but something rather distinctive and badass.

Royal

I've not seen any of the animated spinoffs. Heard little to nothing of current theories. Looking forward to a damn good story, one that pushes all of the characters and raises the stakes. So long as it's not a retread but something rather distinctive and badass.

It really is hard to tell where things are going to go right now because we know in the past they've engaged in so much misdirection and close holding of details in promoting the movies. But, there are some interesting tidbits to be culled from some of the statements of Rian Johnson in the Entertainment Weekly articles last week:

"There’s a history in Star Wars of the attraction between the light and the dark, whether it’s the story of Anakin basically turning from this sweet kid and seeing his seduction to the dark side, or even with Luke,” Johnson says.“Even though you never really believe he’s going to go over to the dark side, the whole revelation of ‘I am your father’ has to do with Vader and this darkness that [Luke] thought he could just dismiss as ‘That’s the bad guy. I don’t have any of him in me,'” Johnson adds. “Suddenly he realizes ‘No, I come from him. I have quite a bit of him inside me.’”

“There’s a big part of the story yet to be written and not by me,” says Johnson, who will hand the trilogy back to The Force Awakens filmmaker J.J. Abrams for 2019’s Episode IX. “But I don’t think it’s very interesting if the whole story is just ‘Will Kylo get his comeuppance?’ He’s a more complicated character than that and I think he deserves a more complicated story than that. I don’t see the point of trying to get behind his mask and learn more about him if all we’re going to learn is ‘Yeah, he’s just an evil bad guy that needs to be killed.’”

“This is very much about Rey trying to figure out how she fits into all this, much like any of us as we’re growing up, as we’re transitioning from childhood into adulthood,” Johnson says. “You’re going meet people who you think are going help who don’t. And help is also going come from unexpected places.”

I think the chances of them taking Rey bad are virtually zero. Kylo being brought back from an irredeemable place to become someone we can root for doesn't seem likely either. But could the two of them have a meeting in the middle of sorts? That doesn't seem quite so far fetched, especially in light of what Johnson is saying.

• 1Like