Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm sure Hamill knows a large chunk of people hated this movie.

Hope he cashed out on this

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm sure Hamill knows a large chunk of people hated this movie.

Hope he cashed out on this

I'm pretty sure he did, he originally said no. He's had steady work with voice acting for decades now, and he's pretty in demand, I don't think money was an issue for him--so he probably held out for a bundle. Not as much as Harrison Ford, but probably a good amount.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Can you blame him, I mean they basically shit on the character that defined his career for almost his entire life.

Wrong. This movie was bad, but at least Luke was being true to form. He was a whiney shit in the first two movies and golly-gee'd his way through a lot tough stuff with help from the Force and a dead guy.

My theory is after Vader lopped off his hand, Luke bitched out and flew to his lonely island as soon as he could. The Luke we see at the end of ESB getting a "new hand" is really an android Leia had built in secret by some Ugnaughts she smuggled out of Cloud City. The android is the more stoic, bad ass Luke we get in RoTJ.

TLJ Luke is the real Luke, having whiled away the years drinking his blue milk fresh out out of his space cows' tits and quietely dreaming about power converters.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There was a great piece on the A New Hope first cut and second cut in direct comparison to TLJ's creative decisions.

It was in defense of TLJ, and it was pretty convincing. I still believe Rian had viewed the rough cut of ANH as a part of his creative process. There are a lot of shades of TLJ humor.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I was so bored i even fastforwarded some fighting scenes. I don't just blame the movie. There is this over saturation of all things SW in the air.

• 2Like

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've Worfed that video before and I'll Worf it again the next time too.

t5xLDUS.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I've Worfed that video before and I'll Worf it again the next time too.

t5xLDUS.jpg

I just watched this for the first time and stopped immediately after this scene. I can't go through with it. Worst movie ever.

• 8Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I saw this again last time for the first time since seeing it in the theater. I liked it the first time despite it flaws, and I still enjoyed it on 2nd viewing.

I first saw Star Wars when I was 8 in the theater, and must have seen the original 50+ times since then. The music alone just gives me goose bumps. I feel like Alex from Clockwork Orange, I'm conditioned by music. In my case it's to feel childish awe and wonder whenever I hear the Star Wars music. :)

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Theory: In Ep IX we see Snoke kinda re-assemble himself and come back to life.

Proving that he is Plagueis. Cue dramatic music.

I got that idea from the rambling of our fallen Dindu Wooly. Sure he'd have written a 3,500 word explanation for that, but my two sentences will have to do.

Siliconemelons

Well, thanks to the stupidness that is TLJ- why does it matter if as a force person you have a body... force ghosts apparently have no limitations. So may as well have force ghost Snoke posses a Jawa or something.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And there it is. Another heat rock.

SXSW just took place-- Mark dropped by, sort of unannounced and last notice.

Confirmed: Mark Hamill was to survive through Episode 9 in the storyline and scripts, but Disney wanted him dead. This video backs up the rumor leak that Mark was killed in post-production. And for me, this is 100% affirmation of that. Some of you can remain skeptical if you wish, but sometimes you need to look at the whole story and apply Occam's Razor.

The way Rian buries his head in his hands-- you can read-between-the-lines that Rian wishes he fought Kennedy and the storyline board on Luke's death. You have to be able to read bodylanguage to appreciate the gravitas on this one. JJ has a history of shouting the story committee down, soymilk Rian is apparently incapable of that. He's still a smug ass little man at SXSW as always.

I'm looking into the validity of the rumor that Rian called Mark Hamill a "Motherfucker" behind closed doors at SXSW.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, Johnson looks more embarrassed than anything else to me.

But can we talk about the fucking land whale on the right? Holy shit she weighs more than the two people on the left and the couch they're sitting on combined!

• 2Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Theory: In Ep IX we see Snoke kinda re-assemble himself and come back to life.

Proving that he is Plagueis. Cue dramatic music.

I got that idea from the rambling of our fallen Dindu Wooly. Sure he'd have written a 3,500 word explanation for that, but my two sentences will have to do.
Yeah but then what? Kylo and Rey team up to fight him? We already had that movie.

Literally the only interesting thing open to them is Kylo being the "emperor" type since all the other movies had a grand puppeteer in Palpatine or Snoke. Snoke being alive would ruin that.

Having Rey train new Jedi to fight the Knights of Ren and two competing orders of neo Jedi/Sith is something they semi set up and the only way I think this can be redeemed. Otherwise it's just boring politics convincing systems to fight The First Order then a space battle and lightsaber fight ending.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah but then what? Kylo and Rey team up to fight him? We already had that movie.

Literally the only interesting thing open to them is Kylo being the "emperor" type since all the other movies had a grand puppeteer in Palpatine or Snoke. Snoke being alive would ruin that.

Having Rey train new Jedi to fight the Knights of Ren and two competing orders of neo Jedi/Sith is something they semi set up and the only way I think this can be redeemed. Otherwise it's just boring politics convincing systems to fight The First Order then a space battle and lightsaber fight ending.

Rey and Ren train the new competing orders in movie 9 and then get the 'super trooper' guys to make movie 10, because we're going to have a bunch of retard jedi/sith running around.

Fadaar

That guy
Rey and Ren train the new competing orders in movie 9 and then get the 'super trooper' guys to make movie 10, because we're going to have a bunch of retard jedi/sith running around.

You beat me to it. Only way that could make what Chris said work is using ep 9 as a setup movie, which I highly highly doubt they will do. HOWEVER.... they could always go the big timeskip route and ep 9 starts off with the gathering/training of new forces already done and both sides plotting against each other.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Weren't there reasonably big time jumps between episodes 4-5 and 5-6?

In any case, they've publicly stated that they won't be doing any CGI reviving of Carrie Fisher, so it stands to reason that they were already planning on doing a modest time jump.