Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider
Yep this guy is damn right fuk gonna make me cry Im an old man and my son almost said the same shit to me damn disney.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think we need to leave that poor girl alone. She got handed a shit sandwich of a role in a fucking numbered Star Wars film. Admit it, the only reason we even remotely give Natalie Portman a pass is because she's a lot more attractive.

Haven't seen the movie, but most of the criticism I've seen has been on the character and not the actress. People are just making it seem like they're picking on the actress for pity/victim points.

There are a few things like "The Last Jelly Donut" above, but fuck you that's just funny.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lucas later said the creative intent was a young soap opera effect. Not sure why its still discussed as if it was some accident, or its because Lucas was incapable of anything better.. I've caught a few soap operas while laid up and they're exactly on par with the performances AND the dialogue of Padme/Anakin-- spot on. What you can't attribute to the soap effect, however, is the poor cinematography and editing-- especially for big budget silver screen flicks.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider
Seen a picture of Luke err Mark Hamill at some award show they just had, damn could have had like post RotJ Luke in the newer flicks boys tearing it up... could have. fuk

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seen a picture of Luke err Mark Hamill at some award show they just had, damn could have had like post RotJ Luke in the newer flicks boys tearing it up... could have. fuk

Its been said-- he was in way too good of shape not to be used. Too much emphasis on disposable characters like Finn, Rose???(Fat asian dont care), and Phasma. All that screen time could have given Luke a proper arc and sendoff.

Rian says hes a fan of the OT. There is just no way that is possible. He's a fucking liar and that's the real reason why Mark Hamill doesn't like him.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
IMO, they fucked up this Star Wars series and didn't appropriately plan this thing from beginning to end in any responsible manner. They could have even re-gurged Ep 1-3 and made it a viable movie provided they had adequate talent.

Episode 7:

- Movie has primary emphasis on character building and story framing
- Open narration of Leia explaining the impact the empire had and how the galaxy has begun to be stabilized but there are conflicts over resource claims
- Gradual re-introduction of cast from last trilogy throughout movie
- Show the new Jedi academy led by Luke
- Introduce some new characters (some Jedi, Leia & Han's Daughter, a political dude, couple new droids, fighter pilot jock)
- Rumors start spreading about murders & destruction near the outer rim
- Luke and some jedi follow a trail and investigate (we are introduced to more new characters)
- Uncover a separatist faction that's led by a dark unknown force
- Luke is lured into a trap on an old abandoned and darkened starship
- Luke is taunted by a voice in the dark
- Quick Epic light saber battle between Luke & unknown masked Sith
- Sith escapes
- Movie ends with camera zooming out of Luke looking at the escaping Sith ship
- Lots of unanswered questions to upset the community but to keep people tuned in for more movies

Episode 8:

- Movie has primary emphasis on new cast
- Commotion in the new senate about not waiting to confront the new threat
- Factions start being created due to loss of confidence in new senate appropriately addressing threat
- Leia tries to reign in the other systems
- Leia is trapped with her Daughter while on a diplomatic mission
- Leia is shockingly killed by unknown Sith in an attempt to keep the senate divided
- Sith Escapes
- Leia's daughter survives, vows revenge
- Han and Chewie arrive on scene just after Leia is killed and are horrified
- Senate fragments
- We then see more development of each new cast member throughout movie
- Cast gathers with leaders of other star systems
- Some systems pledge their support to Luke while other greedy systems band together to control resources (this plot point isn't obvious yet though)
- Luke & Young Jedi split up and set off after more clues that may lead to the mystery Sith Lord
- Luke & Jedi trainees confront a Sith Lord (who they believe is the one they are looking for) on a space platform above a mining planet
- Luke is beaten down by the Sith Lord (Maul?) but survives thanks to his Jedi Trainees showing up
- Sith Lord is killed
- The Jedi narrowly escape as a major space battle begins erupting above the mining planet
- Message is sent that friendly forces are reconvening on a planet
- Movie ends with a battered Luke saying there is more than one Sith left and this is just the beginning.

Episode 9:

- Forces friendly to the Jedi re-convene on a planet to discuss threat
- Background/Intel is given on the separatist threat
- Part of Senate was in on it in an attempt to garner control of resources to build a new space weapon
- Luke acknowledges that the Sith Lord they fought in Episode 8 wasn't the same he fought in Episode 7
- Reports come in that a separatist fleet has emerged from hyperspace and has begun attacking the planet they are on
- Battle ensues

- Luke senses that a Sith Lord is on the commanding ship
- Luke and his Top Trainee fly to the main starship to confront the threat
- Luke and his Top Trainee find a Sith Lord apprentice (who killed Leia) in a hanger waiting for them
- Leia's daughter senses the Sith that killed her mom is on the command ship and sets off against her father's wishes, Han joins
- Leia's daughter and Han set off and crash land on the massive starship right behind Luke & his Trainee
- Sith Lord Apprentice taunts Luke, Han, & Leia's daughter about Leia death and the fall of the Light
- Light Saber & gun battle ensues where Sith Lord apprentice is eventually killed by Luke's Top Trainee
- Han becomes fatally injured from debris (or maybe from a gun battle)
- Cast asks "Where's Han?" and find him fatally injured
- Han's dying words to Luke "We had a good run kid, but I can't run away from this one" and Han's daughter "You'll always be a princess just like your mom, don't stop believing in the Force".
- Han dies.

- Sith Lord appears in the background and his dark laugh echoes throughout the halls
- Luke and Sith Lord engage in major battle as the Sith Lord separates Luke from his allies by crashing debris all around them
- Luke (who is battered at this point) is killed by the Sith Lord
- Luke's Top Trainee screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
- Massive explosion occurs that disables the ship
- Sith Lord disappears

- Leia's daughter and Luke's Top Trainee go after the Sith Lord
- Leia's daughter & Luke's Top Trainee find the lord in a massive throne room overlooking the battle
- Sith Lord explains the rise of the Sith to their ancient roots
- Command ship is beginning its fall into the atmosphere
- Leia's daughter is force shocked and knocked unconscious
- Luke's Top Trainee and the Sith Lord engage in the most intense lightsaber battle ever shown in cinema
- Luke's Top Trainee nearly beaten until Leia's daughter comes up from behind and kills the Sith Lord
- Luke's Top Trainee and Leia's Daughter fall to the ground as the starship they are in begins burning up upon re-entry above a planet
- Fighter Jock & Chewie show up to save them and warp off

- Cast reconvenes on an unknown planet
- Conversation about how peace must constantly be fought for and they will battle on to end the separatist threat
- A panting man comes running into the meeting saying that they just received a message from one of the Jedis sent to investigate matters on a far away planet
- Message is a hologram of a Jedi Trainee informing (an already dead) Luke that he has found an active Sith Temple
- The Jedi Trainee in the hologram is then cut down by a Sith we haven't yet seen before
- Cast immediately looks at each other, grabs their gear, and runs out the door to their starships
- Door closes - Movie Ends
- No focus on a happy ending and the studio gets to sit back as Jedi Nerd Forums explode with anger at leaving a trilogy off with such a major cliffhanger

• 3WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or they could have gone with a female Twi'lek Sith trainee with great tits in bondage outfit who doesn't end up dying... and she has a pet ice fox. And maybe her ship is a transformer. Plus Palpatine tragically murdered her parents in front of her when she was younger. Her aunt and uncle were on also on Alderaan. Turns out she was a twin and her unknown sister knew Hera. She's bi. Has knowledge of where Thrawn ended up. Her pet fox is tragically murdered by a smuggler cartel who also steal her ship and she must track them to Tatooine. She hates sand. It is possible to be sarcastic and semi serious while making tons of money by hitting every trope. You are still reading this. Fine we'll give her a bird-type droid cause flying is cool. Throw in some ninja lightsaber weapons. Tattoos with ink that glow different colors based on her emotions. Prefers one specific brand of soft drink. Makes cute little figurines of 150 imaginary animals in her spare time. Why are random internet posters better at thinking up this shit than the professionals?

• 7Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Yay... In my review I never touched on the acting... because it was as consistently fucking awful as the rest of the movie.

Rey looks half retarded half the time and the other half she looks constipated. Everyone phones it in, which is understandable given the material, or is just... not good. Anyone who might be good is surrounded by so my much 'bad', sheer unrelenting terribleness, that even a stellar performance would be drowned out in the avalanche of pure, unhomogenized, shit that this movie teems with.

This is not as movie not without it's flaws.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The underuse of Mark Hamill is one big issue with the new trilogy. I mean the guy was fat and out of shape when the trilogy was announced and then went into the gym and lost 75 pounds and gained a lot of added strength / flexibility in order to be able to be a realistic Luke Skywalker Jedi Master and instead he just gets one fight scene in light robes and otherwise is practically wearing a burka.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so, i'm one of the few people that ultimately thinks episode 8 was fine. it had a lot of problems in how it told it's story, but i really loved the message that it TRIED (and mostly failed) at telling. the message being that everything you think you know is wrong. you act without thinking, without understanding the entire story. you are impulsive and immature and people get hurt because you THINK you know what you're doing. there's a cool deleted scene between ray and luke. some aliens come and land and head towards those caretakers on luke's planet. ray looks really worried because they look like a raiding party. she asks luke and he's like, yeah, they're heading straight for those innocent folks... ray flips out and just charges at them to save the caretakers. turns out, it's like a birthday party or something and they were all invited. luke stops her seconds away from her killing half of them just because they LOOKED bad.

ANYWAY, like i said, i really loved the message, but it just was terrible at actually delivering that message. anyway, in response to mark hamill being underutilized. in response to ray and others looking like they phoned in their performance...

i wonder... we KNOW how secretive disney has become, going so far as to having several fake scripts written and handed out to actors. on one hand, i understand the desire for secrecy, but on the other hand, the result is you get actors who have NO idea what the overall point of their character is until AFTER the movie is released. someone comes up to mark hamil and is like, hey, we want you to reprise your role as luke, are you in? and he says, yeah sure, what do you need me to do? "we can't tell you."

uh. well how much shape do i need to be in? "we can't tell you."

uh. i mean, do i need to do flips and stuff or will i just be sitting down covered in robes? "we can't tell you."

mark hamil getting into the shape he did is testament to his love of the character.

i wonder how much this whole mess is being caused specifically because they are terrified of spoilers coming out? i wonder if they were a bit more open during the production process, would someone have been able to say "hey, i think the message you're trying to say is cool, just way too muddled. fix that."

• 2Like
  • 2Barf

Jive Turkey

Karen
So what's 9 going to be about anyway? Rey and Kylo team up and rule the galaxy like the dark ending of KOTOR 1? Or maybe Abrams will get canned and Johnson can just do whatever he's going to be doing.
Who fucking knows? There are no storylines left

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are no storylines left

“No, There is Another.....”

16DC0E08-DD0A-408B-AF87-63FF58114632.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who fucking knows? There are no storylines left
they can take back some of the TLJ, bring back Luke as a blue ghost and he trains Rey for real this time, Rey finds out her mom wasnt a Jakku methhead who gave up her daughter for some tweakcandy. there are still a few avenues to pursue, but yeah, the storyline is pretty much destroyed at this point. these guys dont even have a rebel force anymore. just larpers on a ship.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
the biggest frustration for me with the new trilogy is that the victories/sacrifices of 4-6 ended up being all for nothing

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
All for nothing? They had 20ish year run. It's not always going to be happily ever. In fact, it's never going to be happily ever after if they're making a sequel.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Thought I’d turn this on with my kids to get a break from Chuggington and Super Monsters. So bad I turned chuggington back on after then Fin is leaking scene.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
someone comes up to mark hamil and is like, hey, we want you to reprise your role as luke, are you in? and he says, yeah sure, what do you need me to do? "we can't tell you."

uh. well how much shape do i need to be in? "we can't tell you."

uh. i mean, do i need to do flips and stuff or will i just be sitting down covered in robes? "we can't tell you."
This mentality is frustrating for those of us that work on the Production side as well.

Having to tell a Wardrobe Supervisor she can't start ordering materials and clothing until the last minute and then telling the entire Art Department that Blue might actually be Green on all the walls, all because one of the StudioGuys kids found some clandestine shots of set for Jack & Jill 2 online makes for a very bad day for everyone.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This mentality is frustrating for those of us that work on the Production side as well.

Having to tell a Wardrobe Supervisor she can't start ordering materials and clothing until the last minute and then telling the entire Art Department that Blue might actually be Green on all the walls, all because one of the StudioGuys kids found some clandestine shots of set for Jack & Jill 2 online makes for a very bad day for everyone.

yeah, i assume everyone involved has to deal with that on some level or another. i also assume there's little to no slack given to another department in spite of that. we need this shot filmed yesterday, we are wasting money waiting for you to get your head out of your ass and do your job. "uh. sir, i just found out what my job was 5 minutes ago... " I DON'T CARE WE NEED THIS DONE