Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I would look at toys sale when comparing movies.

That's where you will see the damage that this new trilogy has done to the brand.

The toys have no been moving as hoped.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Something that also concerns me is that there are reportedly numerous versions of this being screened which has brought people to believe that this is going to be a fragmented mess when they make their final cuts, splices, and piecing together for the final release. I had read that two different screens had several different scenes in the final third of the film neither of which were good. That's just something I had watching on Mike Zeroh and then some reddit posts.

They're doing it by test, so each scene passes, gets spliced in.

Movie by committee. Completely sterile. You don't spend 300m on reshoots for a total budget of 700m and just wing it.

Its done by test screening and committee. 1 man doesn't call the shots at a corporation like Disney on how money gets spent.

The story committee has a say as does the producers in which scenes get spliced in.

The energy and narrative should be cold and stillborn on release due to the process.

You can't create a vision for a universe by committee.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1575582423919.png

I'm struggling to take it seriously with Kylo featured as the big bad so prominently.

Anyone else think its corny and disturbs the overall flow of the poster?

He just doesn't fit. And that has a lot to do with his character I guess. Rey is no problem-- while a Mary Sue, I can still take her seriously.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 236319

I'm struggling to take it seriously with Kylo featured as the big bad so prominently.

He just doesn't fit. And that has a lot to do with his character I guess. Rey is no problem-- while a Mary Sue, I can still take her seriously.
Has Luke had a lobotomy? His skull is missing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Has Luke had a lobotomy? His skull is missing.

I'm no artist, but my off the cuff interpretation was its a tree that grew.

Violence or evil is a tree that grows. Kylo is a product of having a male son. Ultimate evil. Fathers are dogshit.

The base of the tree is women. Everything starts with women. Makes sense.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 236319

reminds me of this .
tumblr_op4ymfwtUz1spkic4o2_500.gifv

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Even that last dude that played Vader before he became evil, then after, in the prequels did a better job at being a bad guy that this oafy looking faggot.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Adam Driver is a good actor, but this is a just not the right role for him. He does comedy and deadpan stuff really well, but anger/rage is just not his thing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Even that last dude that played Vader before he became evil, then after, in the prequels did a better job at being a bad guy that this oafy looking faggot.
its why he duct taped his mask back together, it butches him up. its literally spacbealls.
giphy.gif

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think even if everyone was in lockdown mode and we didn't hear a single thing so far, the fact that NONE of the stars want to return for any other stories is extremely telling. Boyega, I think, is the most vocal about wanting nothing to do with Disney+, but everyone else has said as much as well

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
wow, watching ugly nose guy "acting" w/ his helmet on really makes you appreciate Pedro Pascal

ScarceJointFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif

I still can't believe they designed that dumb Sith Junior hat he wears. It's about as fearsome as a sponge.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Somebody on facebook referred to Kylo Ren as "Diet Snape" I lost it. This movie is going to be trash.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users