Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This had a couple decent jokes in it.

When Doomcock throws the kitchen sink into his similes and metaphors and comparisons he can be genuinely funny if you ignore the delivery-- he's got decent comedy chops.

I chortled hard. Its not a belly-roller, but it might yet still get a "aha" out of the biggest stiff here. That said, its still shitlord humor. But "Weekend at bernies" was fucking downright funny.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

When Doomcock throws the kitchen sink into his similes and metaphors and comparisons he can be genuinely funny if you ignore the delivery-- he's got decent comedy chops.

I chortled hard. Its not a belly-roller, but it might yet still get a "aha" out of the biggest stiff here. That said, its still shitlord humor. But "Weekend at bernies" was fucking downright funny.

yet there are still people. people in this thread who see all this and continue to shout
takemymoney.jpg

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yet there are still people. people in this thread who see all this and continue to shout
takemymoney.jpg

I discussed the old TLJ Boyega leaks from pre-production of TLJ a month or two ago. RE: the TLJ fight with Kennedy and Rian Johnson.

Its starting to resurface-- and this time the source is Boyega's mouth.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Seems oddly apropos:

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me .... you can't get fooled again.
He was elected, twice, though. No limit to public stupidity. Episode IX is gonna sell too. I foresee it, young skywalker.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Blade Runner 2049 made a total of $259 million. The last pile of shit Star Wars movie made 1.3 BILLION. This one will take just as much and empower studio execs to keep on pinching out garbage because people will buy it.

Most of us on these forums will shit on shitty movies all day, but we are in the minuscule minority of movie goers. 99.9% of the rest of the planet will gladly eat shit and ask for more.

People on Earth should be happy I don't have a Death Star because if I did, the 3rd Rock from the Sun would fucking be MARS.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
And you spinless sucks will still give them money.
I'm one of those ones, yes :(

I too see the SJW rot in Star Wars and Disney and felt TLJ was decent but an ugly stain on the franchise but I can't NOT see a main episode Star Wars film on opening night in the theatre. Been doing this faithfully since before I can even remember (back when I was just literally 2 years old for Empire [A New Hope was pre-birth]).

I'll be one of the people in this thread late night on opening night discussing the film and giving my 2cents, rest assured.

• 3Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've given Star Wars movies my money only once, and it was Phantom Menace. I had the good sense to stop doing it after that.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I've given Star Wars movies my money only once, and it was Phantom Menace. I had the good sense to stop doing it after that.
I was born in 75 and still remember going to see Empire and Return in theaters, then saw the sequels in theaters as well (despite my better judgement). Proud to say I haven't seen anything Star Wars related beyond that aside from The Mandalorian despite being a rabid fan as a child. Stay strong brothers, do not support this shit!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I remember seeing TPM opening weekend with a bunch of friends who were all pretty big Star Wars fans.

I remember actually getting a little drowsy watching it but I just chalked it up to being tired. After the movie, everyone was blathering on about different parts of the movie and one friend says: “that shwas dumb.”

Everyone was kind of aghast and started arguing with him. And he just broke it down: trade war, Jar Jar, midichlorians, pod racing, yippee, Darth Maul. He was like, you’re all blinded because it’s Star Wars, but that shit was dumb.

That dude was ahead of his time.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually only saw Phantom in theaters. The other ones I saw either on stream service or pirate, dont even remember to tell you the truth. But its not like were huge movie goers on our house anyway. I took the kids for a few movies here and there, namely the Marvel flavor of the year, but even they are kinda meh on the whole movie going thing. Its funny too because we have an IMAX right by us, the big screen mo fo too, which pretty much makes even shitty movies OK.

Last X mas I asked them if they wanted to go and see something and they both said, ehhh, pass. I tell you guys the youth these days is fucking strange. They do their games and love their youtube, maybe watch some netflix shows, but thats about it. I cant even remember the last time they sat down and watched TV either.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

Fucker

Log Wizard
I remember seeing TPM opening weekend with a bunch of friends who were all pretty big Star Wars fans.

I remember actually getting a little drowsy watching it but I just chalked it up to being tired. After the movie, everyone was blathering on about different parts of the movie and one friend says: “that shwas dumb.”

Everyone was kind of aghast and started arguing with him. And he just broke it down: trade war, Jar Jar, midichlorians, pod racing, yippee, Darth Maul. He was like, you’re all blinded because it’s Star Wars, but that shit was dumb.

Everyone I knew at work took the morning off to see it. Some of them waited in line for a long time to get tickets. I stayed at work, and grinned at them as they came in, ALL looking very dejected.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente

Blockade then the Jedi showing up was actually pretty great. Really felt like it was setting up for something cool. Then they get down to the planet and that was that.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm one of those ones, yes :(

I too see the SJW rot in Star Wars and Disney and felt TLJ was decent but an ugly stain on the franchise but I can't NOT see a main episode Star Wars film on opening night in the theatre. Been doing this faithfully since before I can even remember (back when I was just literally 2 years old for Empire [A New Hope was pre-birth]).

I'll be one of the people in this thread late night on opening night discussing the film and giving my 2cents, rest assured.

I actually don't give a fuck which way Abrams takes the last of the Star Wars films. Ever since TLJ, I just don't give a fuck.

I think this is gonna be the biggest thud of all time for the SW franchise.

• 3Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Honestly, at what point does fatigue just win? Because it did for me just after Phantom Menace like Dom. I was the child for which this universe was created. My greatest Christmas memory of all time, not even close, was waking up to the half-sphere cardboard Death Star, an X-Wing and a bunch of action figures. The most amazing moment of my childhood.

And I can barely gather up enough energy to give one shit anymore. "I hate sand". Jar Jar, "I have the High Ground!". Christiensen in general, really. "Whoops, I blew up the droid control ship, we win". It was over so long ago. I suppose we all had a spark when the 7th movie came out, but, as in that video, once we realized it was just a rehash of the old movie, with one of the worst Mary Sure characters of all time, that spark was snuffed.

So I think to myself that other, younger people have taken up the cause that we have given up on. Arguing the minutiae of rumors, continuing the complaints of how "it's all ruined".

But I can't even find the energy to get through that video. It's as tiresome as the whole Star Wars movies themselves - so played out, so OVER, dead but still twitching. It's really just boring now.

So, yeah, I guess the bitterness and cynicism, in the part of my soul that wants to be entertained, has won. And, yeah, sure, this movie will make billions - because what else is out there to satisfy the science fiction, action adventure seekers?

If all you have to eat is bugs, you eat the bugs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did have some fun playing through a few of the SWTOR stories recently when I rediscovered the game like a month ago. Was pretty fun. Did the Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler so far...

• 1Solidarity