Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So, post 2, at some point the studios have to make new universes, right? New stories and lore to capture the imaginations of a new generation? So that some other kid can have that Christmas memory I have, waking up to the best toys ever? Because these things are totally toy selling vehicles.

But I have gone on record on this board about how kids are different now, and entertained differently - so CAN they be captured by a novel universe? Harry Potter says yes. Hunger Games says yes.

So shoot Star Wars in the fucking head and move on already.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I actually don't give a fuck which way Abrams takes the last of the Star Wars films. Ever since TLJ, I just don't give a fuck.

I think this is gonna be the biggest thud of all time for the SW franchise.
I'm worried too; I talked to my brother about this for like 30 min a couple of days ago on the phone. But it's JJ... not Rianthecuck. JJ is a talented mofo and produces good work. TFA was a GOOD film that laid out lots of possibilities for great things and Rian pissed all over those possibilities imo. It is VERY possible that JJ can salvage the damage and I feel that if anyone in this business CAN do that, it's JJ.

But yes, I have that nagging creeping doubt too! Basically the conclusion I came to while talking to my brother and hashing out everything we've seen/heard/dealing with rumors and ALL the possibilities of how this shit gets tied up (lifelong HUGE fan of Star Wars too so our hearts are very invested in this entire thing) is that there is no middle ground here. It's going to be amazing or it's going to be the ultimate Picard.

Either way, I'm amped up because love it or hate it, this is huge.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still think they can redeem the SW universe if they used some of the reams and reams of written good shit the SW universe has by now. Instead of trying to come oup with their half baked Hollywood ideas.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
yep, a lot of people like the transformer movies too.
Completely legit movies. They have tits, guns, lazers, explosions, male protagonist, fast cars and robots. And no #metoo. Well, apart from the last one, but you know, no saga is flawless. Kinda like Star Wars.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I did have some fun playing through a few of the SWTOR stories recently when I rediscovered the game like a month ago. Was pretty fun. Did the Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler so far...
Did they introduce the new hit classes yet? Oh, boy, oh boy, who doesn't want to play as SJW, AsianMechanic, RagingTeenMask, GoTCameo, SnidePinkHair, SexuallyConfusedTrooper, CuckInstructor and SoullessRedhead?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nope, but it is a Bioware game so you can definitely play gay sith if you want.

• 1Worf

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
This is Spaceballs 2019. Where is Mel Brooks to do it properly?

I actually had to stop watching this spoilers clip because it started replacing my complete indifference to whatever is happening in the SW universe with a morbid curiosity about how how bad this train wreck is going to get... And i dont want to be that guy who rubbernecks while passing a horrific crash on the highway.
Reading this thread should be enough.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Rey receives wisdom from Mace Windu?

Naw. That ain't real.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Force Ghost Han Solo would be priceless. Even better if they just CGI all of it and impersonate him because Harrison Ford refused to do any of it.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm one of those ones, yes :(

I too see the SJW rot in Star Wars and Disney and felt TLJ was decent but an ugly stain on the franchise but I can't NOT see a main episode Star Wars film on opening night in the theatre. Been doing this faithfully since before I can even remember (back when I was just literally 2 years old for Empire [A New Hope was pre-birth]).

I'll be one of the people in this thread late night on opening night discussing the film and giving my 2cents, rest assured.
Your parents are selfish assholes for taking a 2 year old to a movie theater on opening night.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
It's not bad when it comes together though!

I'll be real, I initially defended that scene because it shows him throwing a legit temper tantrum like a child would, and i thought it was on purpose to show how he was a child who was manipulated into basically cosplaying as his hero Darth Vader.

I thought that they would grow on that with snope and eventually be would find out he was radicalized etc and then turn to the light.

Now I see it was just shit

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'll be real, I initially defended that scene because it shows him throwing a legit temper tantrum like a child would, and i thought it was on purpose to show how he was a child who was manipulated into basically cosplaying as his hero Darth Vader.

I thought that they would grow on that with snope and eventually be would find out he was radicalized etc and then turn to the light.

SNOPE. They fucking named the ultra bad guy SNOPE. Kinda makes one tremble in fear, doesn't it?

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

i have not watched any of the latest movies, but think i will get a cam just to see how bad this ends

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah that was a good first act of character development, Rey even calls him out on his worry that he'll never be as good as Darth Vader. I enjoyed the meta aspect of that too as an audience having to accept him as the new iconic villian.

Kylo destroying the mask, turning on Snoke and falling for Rey started a good second act, realising that both the Jedi and Sith were wrong and starting a third faction.

However they ruined it by not following through with his and Rey's alliance. Instead of the fight with the royal guards, she should have dueled him to avenge Han Solo, have Kylo win but then refuse to kill her, stops the attack on the rebels and allows her to either leave or join him. Leave it on a cliffhanger there.

A third act of a pregnant Rey falling to the Dark Side via her grandfather and Kylo sacrificing himself to save her, truley redeeming himself for killing his father would be an awesome finale. Maybe Palpatine mastered force ghost too and Luke is on the island meditating to prevent him from manifesting. Leia's death (NO MARY POPPINS) breaks him and he becomes unable to focus and stop Palpatine. Have him die doing the lightspeed thing Holdo did, make it require the force to use.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Last Rogers. Roy and Mr. are embattled in a fierce, bloody war over free fixins vs a healthy kids menu. And trains are banned from all franchises!

And then a dumpy asian starts serving potstickers and everyone is happy!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah...

My company does marketing events for our customers and a big draw one has always been that we do "night at the movies" for the big movie drops. We did them for pretty much all the Marvel movies, and did one for the last Star Wars turd... We're doing one for this on next Thursday night. This means fortunately I won't pay to see this, unfortunately though I will still see it. So I can hopefully report back the night before for you folks.

I'm not looking forward for this.

A New Hope Star Wars was the first movie I remember seeing as a child. My uncle took me to see it on opening day in 1977, I was 7... I am desperately hoping I will not have the "40 years... and THIS is the ending?" moment, but am pretty sure that's where I'm heading.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah...

My company does marketing events for our customers and a big draw one has always been that we do "night at the movies" for the big movie drops. We did them for pretty much all the Marvel movies, and did one for the last Star Wars turd... We're doing one for this on next Thursday night. This means fortunately I won't pay to see this, unfortunately though I will still see it. So I can hopefully report back the night before for you folks.

I'm not looking forward for this.

A New Hope Star Wars was the first movie I remember seeing as a child. My uncle took me to see it on opening day in 1977, I was 7... I am desperately hoping I will not have the "40 years... and THIS is the ending?" moment, but am pretty sure that's where I'm heading.

I was 4 when I saw it in theaters but was instantly in love with the movie and the toys throughout my childhood.

One of my favorite memories to this day is my stepdad surprising me by taking me to see Return of the Jedi on opening weekend. He loved SciFi but wasn't big on crowds or events or that type of shit so it was a huge surprise. My mom had to work that night and so I figured it was just McDonald's and some Atari but he asked if I wanted to go and 10 year old me was like...FUCK. YES. PLEASE.

One of my absolute favorite bonding moments with my stepdad. But I'm white and male so fuck me right?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf