Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There are quite a few actors that don't like to watch/listen to their own work.
its tough shit for them. part of the job. if you cant tolerate sitting through a 1 minute clip of yourself to the point where you run away like a little bitch, that line of work might not be for you.

• 3Like
  • 2Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It's part of the job to be told an interview is going to be one thing then something different happens?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's part of the job to be told an interview is going to be one thing then something different happens?

It's part of the job to dance when you are told to dance now get out there and sell this steaming pile of shit and SMILE while you do it.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's part of the job to dance when you are told to dance now get out there and sell this steaming pile of shit and SMILE while you do it.
can you point on the doll where the actor touched you?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

iannis

Musty Nester
Sounds like they decided to prank driver, not realizing that it is genuinely uncomfortable for some actors.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
There are several people that are giving mixed or negative first social media reviews. What I can glean is this: While it seems like Rian Johnson went out of his way to shit on OT Star Wars, I think JJ will try to overstuff this movie with both the SJWisms the Disney demands to cater to the "new" audience and Nostalgia and fond appreciation for the OT that the "old" fans have. He is going to try to please both crowds and that may damage the overall movie. Part of that may have been the plan all along (and typically stupid and corporate, 4-quadrant let's protect our Billions invested rather than tell good stories), and part of that may be trying to recover from the huge dip TLJ took.

Leon

<Silver Donator>

I love this dude, he's a big SW fan and you can tell he's PISSED. I will be waiting for his review tomorrow.

Rude

Potato del Grande
There are several people that are giving mixed or negative first social media reviews. What I can glean is this: While it seems like Rian Johnson went out of his way to shit on OT Star Wars, I think JJ will try to overstuff this movie with both the SJWisms the Disney demands to cater to the "new" audience and Nostalgia and fond appreciation for the OT that the "old" fans have. He is going to try to please both crowds and that may damage the overall movie. Part of that may have been the plan all along (and typically stupid and corporate, 4-quadrant let's protect our Billions invested rather than tell good stories), and part of that may be trying to recover from the huge dip TLJ took.

Trust this dude he knows how to make a good movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Trust this dude he knows how to make a good movie.

He made Brick right? I really like Brick. That movie is great.

edit, reading a bit further -

“Even my experience as a fan, you know if I’m coming into something, even if it’s something that I think I want, if I see exactly what I think I want on the screen, it’s like ‘oh, okay,’ it might make me smile and make me feel neutral about the thing and I won’t really think about it afterwards, but that’s not really going to satisfy me…I want to be shocked, I want to be surprised, I want to be thrown off-guard, I want to have things recontextualized, I want to be challenged as a fan when I sit down in the theater. I think what you want from a movie guides, inevitably, how you go about making them,” he added.

He's the Vince Russo of film-making.

When you're reading a book you really like or watching a television show or movie in addition to the story you're getting all pieces that make up the whole. The characters, plot, setting and so on and with these cogs and sprockets you start to tinker in your head. It's where you start piecing together your own "wouldn't it be cool if" scenarios. You make predictions. You speculate. A story that is really good can give you all its pieces and then still really surprise you in a way where everything not only fits but fits even better than you had come up with.

Just wanting to be shocked, surprised, thrown off-guard is so fucking pedestrian. That's what you're looking for? Fine. Then give the fans something better than what they thought they wanted and shock them that way.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Reviews Incoming

THE RISE OF SKYWALKER is like SERENITY (the matthew mcconaughey movie) in that if i told the plot you would think i was making it up or had had the plot relayed to me by a child after consuming 100 pixy stix :emoji_relieved:

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I can't wait to read everything tomorrow after the embargo is lifted. My money is on the leaks were spot the fuck on.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He made Brick right? I really like Brick. That movie is great.

edit, reading a bit further -

He's the Vince Russo of film-making.

When you're reading a book you really like or watching a television show or movie in addition to the story you're getting all pieces that make up the whole. The characters, plot, setting and so on and with these cogs and sprockets you start to tinker in your head. It's where you start piecing together your own "wouldn't it be cool if" scenarios. You make predictions. You speculate. A story that is really good can give you all its pieces and then still really surprise you in a way where everything not only fits but fits even better than you had come up with.

Just wanting to be shocked, surprised, thrown off-guard is so fucking pedestrian. That's what you're looking for? Fine. Then give the fans something better than what they thought they wanted and shock them that way.
Brick and Looper and The Brothers Bloom. He's a good filmmaker, disney done fucked up with trying to get all these auteur types on the SW bandwagon