Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Siliconemelons

I will say that from the BK spoilers and the other spoilers that they changed the ending from a few weeks ago

Prior:

Kylo was tossed aside/killed to the pit and done, Rey gets beat up/almost dead and summons the force friends

Now:

Kylo and Rey are essentially brought to deaths edge, they both are about to get offed by palpanator and then he sacrifices himself/power to/into Rey so she lives - then start the Force voice/ghost gangbang o power

---

While I do not particularly like any of these, the "now" is better than "prior" and can be seen as a small adjustment to ULTIMATE MARY SUE REY...

I mean, did they just watch Highlander Endgame or something?

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The latest leaks indicate the ending was altered to not include the male figures powering Rey up to defeat Palpatine. This doesn't mean Hayden is cut from the movie, it just means he was cut from the ending. Your post's source is the second ending leak to not reference Hayden. Its a good sign.

Ah, there's the final missing piece that turns this movie into a box office Avengers killer.

It's very own "Wymxn Power" moment

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

All indicators are Disney is bracing for fan backlash re: Rise of Skywalker; state of franchise as a whole.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
display

2019.12.17-04.13-boundingintocomics-5df855f12a6e9.jpg

2019.12.17-03.59-boundingintocomics-5df8529e0096e-1340x754.png

2019.12.17-04.14-boundingintocomics-5df8561b0da3c-1340x814.jpg

2019.12.17-04.13-boundingintocomics-5df856024c198-1340x754.jpg

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
supposed opening crawl

EPISODE IX THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.
GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.
Blocked
Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power….

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
supposed opening crawl

Literally the worst shit ever. Saw some early reviews (non spoiler) come in from the world premiere. Some doing the usual "SO GREAT! You will cry!", others clearly sticking to safe language of "BIG movie, huge plot could have been several movies in one!" without really saying how shit it was. Few brave ones saying they had problems with it.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
It'll make its budget back and then some unfortunately even if it is a total shitburger

• 2Direct to DVD
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I really can't believe how many positive reviews I'm seeing. Either the leaks are off or people are just glad it's over. What I've read, I'm not really thrilled about the story.

spronk

FPS noob
i saw a few spoiler free articles and it basically sums it up as long, exposition heavy, a bit too complicated/talky, tries to do too much, but the quieter moments are nice. pretty sure this isn't gonna top anyones lists but maybe its not a huge turd like TLJ and it is the end of the long national nightmare that are new Star Wars trilogy movies.

i'm seeing it friday 10:30am in Dolby

• 2Worf
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

How can anyone trust reviews from people deigned worthy of seeing the movie early?

It's the same deal the big game companies give out for reviews, you like getting all the clicks and add revenue for fools reading your shit because you have early access? Then you better be nice, or else...

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How can anyone trust reviews from people deigned worthy of seeing the movie early?

It's the same deal the big game companies give out for reviews, you like getting all the clicks and add revenue for fools reading your shit because you have early access? Then you better be nice, or else...
its insane to me, these same people only a year ago were calling us sexist racist manbabies for not liking TLJ. like, dont you ever fucking learn not to trust these people?
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i saw a few spoiler free articles and it basically sums it up as long, exposition heavy, a bit too complicated/talky, tries to do too much, but the quieter moments are nice. pretty sure this isn't gonna top anyones lists but maybe its not a huge turd like TLJ and it is the end of the long national nightmare that are new Star Wars trilogy movies.

i'm seeing it friday 10:30am in Dolby

I feel like at best, JJ could try and retcon/pull together somehow some of the threads that Last Jedi had already ripped apart, and if he even manages to get a cohesive story out of it, I can respect the effort...but there's zero chance to pull an actual good movie out of it all, let alone satisfyingly tie up this trilogy and in theory all 9 movies.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
We'll know more tomorrow when embargo lifts, but the first impression seems to be there's tons of stuff happening and lots of fan service, both of which have some good and some bad. It seems it does too many things.

I saw one that said it felt like an apology for TLJ.

All in all, doesn't seem like it's great but that it still manage to somehow be a decent ending to the entire saga.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I saw one that said it felt like an apology for TLJ.

This doesn't give much relief, seeing how these idiots don't understand what made Star Wars good, they wouldn't know what to even be sorry for.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This doesn't give much relief, seeing how these idiots don't understand what made Star Wars good, they wouldn't know what to even be sorry for.

We're sorry you all hated TLJ, now here's more of the same.

• 3Like
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

The problem is they are saying "sorry for TLJ, here is more TFA" not "here is more OG SW"

The Mandelorian understands... why can't they?

• 2Like

tarb

Trakanon Raider
The problem is they are saying "sorry for TLJ, here is more TFA" not "here is more OG SW"

Look who is in charge of Mandalorian and who is in charge of the movies, theres your answer.

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

Uhh The Mandelorian absolutely does not understand. Looks around. Every site you go when reading an article on the Mandelorian is about Baby Yoda. Show jumped the shark. Started out standing on its own, and bailed for baby muppets.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty