Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Those mother fuckers made me laugh

Spot on with how this is 100 percent the fan's fault we're getting shit on like this.

They basically bring up every single wtf point of this movie and TFA.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Those thugged out Kangs know more about star wars than people on this board who guzzle JJ's cum down tho.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Stupid decision to let the three intended directors to have creative control over the plots of their films,, hence TLJ not being a true sequel to TFA.

Also stupid to deviate from the 3 year release cycles of the previous trilogies

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Spot on with how this is 100 percent the fan's fault we're getting shit on like this.

I'm surprised people are shocked at Rey being Palpatine's lineage. I thought that was literally the only thing foreshadowed at all in TFA. Doesn't everyone remember all those videos showing how they had Rey using Palps fighting choreography from RoTS? With the lunges and stabs and irregular swings? Like it was pretty obvious they were mirroring Palpatine. (Even Rey's theme was a modified Palp theme)

Now, bringing Palpatine back was fucking retarded, as well as making Rey a god. But her simply being of Palpatine's line or something could have been the seed of a decent story. But JarJar A is a hack that couldn't plant that seed (Because it relies on those old school arcs that aren't "modern" enough), and then Rian Johson ignored it.

Also, its funny people keep saying this felt like too much movie...Yeah, because he was trying to make 2 films. He was trying to make an Episode 8 Retcon and Episode 9. The more you realize how fucking badly RJ fucked the franchise, the more mind blowing it is what a selfish little cunt the guy is. He not only went back and shit on every beloved trope/story in the franchise, he also prematurely ended a ton of arcs by just cutting them off in the middle. Its like he was TRYING to fuck over the franchise, its like he worked really hard to destroy it. (Which is probably why all the nihilistic, cynical shit stains in the media loved it).

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm surprised people are shocked at Rey being Palpatine's lineage. I thought that was literally the only thing foreshadowed at all in TFA. Doesn't everyone remember all those videos showing how they had Rey using Palps fighting choreography from RoTS? With the lunges and stabs and irregular swings? Like it was pretty obvious they were mirroring Palpatine. (Even Rey's theme was a modified Palp theme)

Now, bringing Palpatine back was fucking retarded, as well as making Rey a god. But her simply being of Palpatine's line or something could have been the seed of a decent story. But JarJar A is a hack that couldn't plant that seed (Because it relies on those old school arcs that aren't "modern" enough), and then Rian Johson ignored it.

Also, its funny people keep saying this felt like too much movie...Yeah, because he was trying to make 2 films. He was trying to make an Episode 8 Retcon and Episode 9. The more you realize how fucking badly RJ fucked the franchise, the more mind blowing it is what a selfish little cunt the guy is. He not only went back and shit on every beloved trope/story in the franchise, he also prematurely ended a ton of arcs by just cutting them off in the middle. Its like he was TRYING to fuck over the franchise, its like he worked really hard to destroy it. (Which is probably why all the nihilistic, cynical shit stains in the media loved it).
the worst thing though was that RJ was not only allowed to do it, he was encouraged to put a fat monkey wrench in the franchise by Kennedy. you cant even say she was just neglectful. she was all for it. she clashed with Abrams and Treverrow when they tried to make actual star war films. the Disney vision was literally what Johnson was doing.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just got back from watching it. I'm happy it was not a disaster. Most of episode VIII bs was corrected. Semi boring lightsaber duels. But okayish redemption. Could've wished for more Sith and Knights of Ren. But okay. I shed a tear or two, powerful violins. Movie was a solid 7/10 for me. Saga is done. No more Skywalker.

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

I love it, what a good argument, and he lucked out and was totally right.

My question:

Why is everyone so upset about "mary sue" Rey? Now we know she is the descendent of Palpatine, who was a fucking badass who beat Yoda in a sword fight. Why are we surprised that Rey is able to kick so much ass, and able to wield the force in such a way? Fuck I'm going back to ROS a second time, I loved it. Fuck you haters :)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider

My question:

Why is everyone so upset about "mary sue" Rey? Now we know she is the descendent of Palpatine, who was a fucking badass who beat Yoda in a sword fight. Why are we surprised that Rey is able to kick so much ass, and able to wield the force in such a way? Fuck I'm going back to ROS a second time, I loved it. Fuck you haters :)

Because she's a girl and that wrecks immersion in a sci-fi space opera for some people. I honestly think there wasn't near as much woke-ness going on (as Ep 8 which was atrocious), but it's the cool thing to be hyper anti-woke so there you go. I felt the stories explanation was a bit outlandish, but no more so than Palpatine bringing the entire resistance fleet down with some force lightning or the Falcon lightspeed skimming at the start. Sure, it is over the top and detracts from the movie...but people act like this movie killed their parents.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard

Fucker

Log Wizard

My question:

Rey is Palp's daughter? What the hell is it with Jedi/Sith who make it their purpose in life to strand their offspring on desert planets?

• 1Worf

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

How is this not an SNL skit. This shit is amazing

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

My question:

Luke was descended from the literal Jesus of Jedi.

Now tell me what movie he was finally able to even wield a saber in battle (And still lose). Rey's Mary Sueness went so far beyond ridiculous that any explination that wasn't "she was trained since birth to be a Jedi killer and had amnesia" would not have made sense.

If JJ had managed to keep his ego in check and simply had Rey maybe get one cut in on Kylo, and kind of hold him off for a minute (Enough to impress Kylo, like Luke did with Vader in Empire), this might have worked. We could see her actually get stronger and struggle with her anger/power as Luke trains her. And see Luke get scared of how quickly she grows, and have some reveal of her past that would explain Luke's fear (She's the progeny of the Sith that destroyed the Jedi!)--but have Luke show her how the Jedi overcome fear, and have him continue to train her anyway and help her control her power/anger. Then have Kylo kill Luke, further beefing him up as a terrifying opponent and to really emphasize her rage (IE continue to expound the struggle with her flaw); maybe even have her charge Kylo and lose again. Later on after she's a fully realized Jedi, have her finally defeat Kylo in another showdown that would resolve her initial defeat and give her the chance to see if her blood or experience controlled who she was (IE if she lost control and struck Kylo down, or was able to forgive him--actually add depth to the obtuse theme they were trying to hammer home about whether nature (blood) or nurture controls our destiny).

But that's not what happened. Because it requires a character who is flawed and needs to grow, and not a Mary Sue.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just a reminder that we're still in spoiler timeframe for this. Some things are well out of the bag (palp and lineage stuff mostly) and trying to put them back in is unlikely to be attempted, but major plot points and outcomes should be placed in spoiler tags.

Edit: Spoilers are permitted

• 1Like
  • 1Oscar Bait
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Because she's a girl and that wrecks immersion in a sci-fi space opera for some people. I honestly think there wasn't near as much woke-ness going on (as Ep 8 which was atrocious), but it's the cool thing to be hyper anti-woke so there you go. I felt the stories explanation was a bit outlandish, but no more so than Palpatine bringing the entire resistance fleet down with some force lightning or the Falcon lightspeed skimming at the start. Sure, it is over the top and detracts from the movie...but people act like this movie killed their parents.

Jesus, this opinion is dog shit, and pretty much the dog shit corporate America uses to defend bad movies now (Which is half the problem with woke culture, its used in the most cynical way by Hollywood to defend dog shit). The complaints about wokeness were from outside the film, and all the problems that tend to stem from an echo chamber culture (Which have been explained to do death). But overall, no one gives a shit its a woman, many of this forums favorite action movies of the last few years (Including nearly all the anti-woke crowd) have been lead by women--Mad Max, Wonder Woman ect (Amazing how these films get forgotten whenever a indefensible turd needs to be defended).

Go watch New Hope, since the scenes are copied one for one. You tell me how many times Luke needed to be saved vs Rey, tell me Han's reaction to Luke vs Rey (I could go on, its pretty god damn stark). I hate this line of reasoning because its also what is going to keep women from becoming better leads for films like this, because no criticism is going to be seen as simply criticism of BAD elements. Its all going to MUH MISOGYNY!

4ktu34gvl9641.jpg

Opinions like this are the reason for the above, too. Because every flaw is considered some form of sexism. Just stop with this insufferable line of reasoning; women don't need white knights anymore. They are independent and strong now, right? So instead of defending her for being a woman, instead argue why the criticisms don't make sense (Which defenders of this garbage can't do, so it always defaults to this.)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users