Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Sevens

Log Wizard
Jon Favreau, the guy who directed/wrote Iron Man, Avengers, Chef, Swingers, and is the writer/showrunner for Mandalorian. Brett Favre is a retired football quarterback

Kevin Feige, aka the wizard behind the 23 run of the MCU, has been given the task of producing a single Star Wars movie, the only one currently greenlit for development. He is supposed to be working with Kathleen Kennedy on it. Who knows what it all means, I'm sure the people who hate where Star Wars is right now imagine if he does well it'll force Kennedy out and him taking over but thats just really speculation based on nothing (other than how shitty Star Wars is performing, relative to expectations). Hollywood is after all a place where people fail upwards.
Joss Whedon wrote and directed Avengers, not John Favreau.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For what it's worth, I really enjoyed it.

I can understand knowledgeable Star Wars fans taking issue with it on a number of levels but I'm getting too old to get angry about stuff like that now.

Besides, the medal... 'bout fucking time!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Well that was terrible. Anyone who liked RoS is an easily entertained chimp

• 7Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 11 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if releasing closer to Xmas caused the box office to be lower than originally expected. I know several people that were busy with family / travel / holiday stuff and were annoyed that they wouldn't be able to see it until Mon/Tues when they had reached their destination or whatever.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if releasing closer to Xmas caused the box office to be lower than originally expected. I know several people that were busy with family / travel / holiday stuff and were annoyed that they wouldn't be able to see it until Mon/Tues when they had reached their destination or whatever.
Christmas has proven to be a great time to release movies

See: Avatar, Titanic, The Force Awakens

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Waiting for RLM review so I can form my opinion. In the meantime there is this review...

• 5Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 8 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
While it wasn't the dumpster fire half the board claims it to be, it for sure isn't near the top in the franchise. This movie felt like they crammed too much into it and in the end, even at 150 mins, it felt rushed and flat. Rey's arc is too close to Luke's in the original trilogy and not only is it less moving, it just comes across as lazy story telling. I won't go out of my way to watch this again, but it was better than 8 (worst of the worst) and maybe in-line with 7.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Movie features a fucking cavalry charge on the deck of a space ship that could pitch them off at any time, but sure this is good stuff.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Jake Cannavale, a member of the "Star Wars" family, is far from pleased with the franchise's latest installment, "The Rise of Skywalker."

The 24-year-old actor and son of "Station Agent" star Bobby Cannavale appears in the "Star Wars" spinoff series "The Mandalorian" on Disney+, and took to Instagram to share his thoughts on the new movie.

"I'm in the Star Wars universe now!!!" the 24-year-old wrote online. "So surely I can't speak ill of Episode IX right???... WRONG," wrote Cannavale on his Instagram story, which has since expired. "Rise of Skywalker was hands down the worst Star Wars movie. An absolute f--king failure... Rise of Skywalker (btw dumb--s title) was worse than 'Phantom Menace' AND 'Last Jedi' combined. Fight me."

Cannavale guest-starred in the sci-fi show as an aspiring bounty hunter -- only the actor's 13th credited role.

Don't think he'll see a 14th lol

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This was bad, that is all - its so bad im watching Revenge of the Sith of all the films to remove that taint.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't forget TLJ had Christmas on a Monday which gave it a boost on Mon+Tue (they were higher than Sun). After New Year's it died off quickly.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
On track for captain marvel numbers.

01D624AD-9072-47F6-B927-8979C5E44DC8.jpeg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the rumors going around, these are rumors, but the rumor says KK will announce she is leaving or retiring from SW in January and some chick will be taking over. not Deborah Chow.

• 1WTF

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is a shocking overlap in this thread of people who enjoyed this film and original Pantheon Kickstarter pledgers.

There’s a lot of parallels really. We just need nirgon in here shitposting about how amazing sw new trilogy is and everyone is just haters.

George Lucas is basically brad McQuaid, a divisive figure who’s beloved for his original work but known more recently for the stench he’s produced. The original trilogy is like Everquest and definitely some rose colored glasses are involved for both (tho the OT is still enjoyable to watch now but original eq is a big ask to enjoy in the modern day).
Vanguard is like the second trilogy, spectacular failure and lead to a loss in faith in Lucas/mcquaid.

Now all we need is someone terrible to take the helm of pantheon and put out utter garbage, and for Lucas to pick up some magic cards.

• 1Like