Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Is there any possibility Daisey Ridley will be in shape for this movie or will the sad sacks who end up watching this be treated to another 3 hours of her arm fat jiggling in their faces?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Retconning tlj would be funny.

I think it you're willing to go that far, you remake the entire thing and call it the last jedi part two or something, and stop liscencing the first one.

Or you make four movies, and when you release the trilogy pack you don't include tlj.

• 2Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
Not having TLJ in a trilogy set would be hilarious and I totally support that

But remember the only thing going for TFA is that it's better than TLJ

Only way to save star wars is to have Rey join the dark side with Kylo and have Luke return tp defeat them.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
JJ is retconning basically nada. Luke was already confirmed in Episode 9 to be dead, and he was killed in post-production of TLJ. If there was going to be retconning, Luke would be alive.

But putting Rian out there, a Disney employee, to get you to buy a ticket based on his opinion of how he feels whether JJ retcons or not-- despite Rian calling no shots on the movie.

Yeah, that happened.

And the guppies loved it, and some of you will buy tickets based on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
JJ is retconning basically nada. Luke was already confirmed in Episode 9 to be dead, and he was killed in post-production of TLJ. If there was going to be retconning, Luke would be alive.

But putting Rian out there, a Disney employee, to get you to buy a ticket based on his opinion of how he feels whether JJ retcons or not-- despite Rian calling no shots on the movie.

Yeah, that happened.

And the guppies loved it, and some of you will buy tickets based on it.
i think we had that question already, when asked if any of us would go see ep9 in theaters, i think we got only one or two who said hell yeah, the rest said hell no or they would at least wait for the trailer or reviews before deciding on paying to see it.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i think we had that question already, when asked if any of us would go see ep9 in theaters, i think we got only one or two who said hell yeah, the rest said hell no or they would at least wait for the trailer or reviews before deciding on paying to see it.

You have too much faith.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You have too much faith.
probably, i never knew we had this many cucks here who would encourage disney with their wallets to keep making SJW superhero movies, so probably those same cucks will throw more of their cash at this drivel.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
Not having TLJ in a trilogy set would be hilarious and I totally support that

But remember the only thing going for TFA is that it's better than TLJ

Only way to save star wars is to have Rey join the dark side with Kylo and have Luke return tp defeat them.
I probably would've paid money to watch the movie if Rey joined Kylo. Oh well. Definitely won't pay for this regardless, just like Solo.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Episode 9 should open with Rey waking up in a bacta tank realizing she got her ass kicked against Kylo. Have a flash back showing Luke running in to save her, and drive Kylo off. Then show a collage of scenes showing Luke communing with her in her subconscious as she's healing, both of them pooling their powers to see visions of the future--visions containing Luke's worst fears, that he becomes drowned in hopelessness, the very antithesis of what he is, and Rey letting the whole rebellion die. Essentially Episode 8 was all a long nightmare vision of the future that could have been--motivating them both to avoid it. (Or some other stupid shit that erases it all).

Honestly, its the only way to salvage it at this point. As is, I'll never see another Star Wars about these characters. TLJ genuinely poisoned this story for me. It didn't "ruin my childhood" or any of that shit, but it certainly created a future for the story I'm just not interested in at all. (And not even because the characters died--Logan illustrated you can kill characters in very bitter sweet ways that make you interested in who carries on. X23 from Logan? I actually want to see a movie with her in it, she was fucking awesome. I have zero desire to see what happens to any of these shitbags though, and frankly, if the fate of every hero is to have their legacy ruined and die in some shithole, I'd rather go watch a more serious film that can explore the melancholy of life better.)

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
probably, i never knew we had this many cucks here who would encourage disney with their wallets to keep making SJW superhero movies, so probably those same cucks will throw more of their cash at this drivel.

All these motherfuckers with a ton of time and money to go see movies every weekend need to have kids or have more kids. I don't have time to see more than a few movies a year but that means I'm going to be super selective with those choices.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All these motherfuckers with a ton of time and money to go see movies every weekend need to have kids or have more kids. I don't have time to see more than a few movies a year but that means I'm going to be super selective with those choices.
maybe people need a better way to budget their time, instead of going to the movies and inhaling a vat of popcorn and a giant soft drink over the course of 2 hours every weekend, do something else? i go to thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets. its a lot of fun and i find all kinds of neat things. been doing that for 12 years and it still hasnt gotten old even if i dont always buy something. just the looking is worth it

• 1Garbage

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
maybe people need a better way to budget their time, instead of going to the movies and inhaling a vat of popcorn and a giant soft drink over the course of 2 hours every weekend, do something else? i go to thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets. its a lot of fun and i find all kinds of neat things. been doing that for 12 years and it still hasnt gotten old even if i dont always buy something. just the looking is worth it

My wife and I hit up estate sales. It is fun to see how good of a deal you can get on an item that you want. They are great for tools, dishes, and furniture with the occasional unique item.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
Anyone who judges the past through the lens of today is not only a short sighted idiot they are also failing to learn the lessons of the past, why things were the way they were, and how they could become that way again.

Funding morons.
Made me think of this video

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My wife and I hit up estate sales. It is fun to see how good of a deal you can get on an item that you want. They are great for tools, dishes, and furniture with the occasional unique item.
i saw some beautiful vintage made in USA Stanley and Craftsman tools today. only a few dollars each. i didnt need them so i passed them up.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Retconning tlj would be funny.

I think it you're willing to go that far, you remake the entire thing and call it the last jedi part two or something, and stop liscencing the first one.

Or you make four movies, and when you release the trilogy pack you don't include tlj.

That was something JJ originally wanted to do. He asked Disney for 2 movies for Episode 9 right before Episode 9 entered principal photography. He didn't want to do Episode 9 in just one movie.

Kennedy turned it down, because Disney CEO said no more movies.

We still might get the 2 part Episode 9 if its going to be using the plotline I think it is. As long as it performs commercially to expectation.