Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Siliconemelons

Umm.. How are they related? Or did I miss palpy being in relation to Vader...did they buttsexx?

So I take JJ's quote as "it's as much of a sibling (like) relationship as it is a romantic one" not...They are related...

Mind you I have not seen this movie and won't give them money, just reading the sploilerz

Izo

Tranny Chaser
nah, the trilogy was already said and done, they werent trying to monkey with it in crystal skull. you can pretend that movie never existed. disney reboots destroy everything. past, present and future.
(Vocalizing) - the nose.

Is it not like you've already watched the movie with all the effort and spoilers you posted? Come to the Dark Side, Chukzombi Chukzombi .

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Umm.. How are they related? Or did I miss palpy being in relation to Vader...did they buttsexx?

So I take JJ's quote as "it's as much of a sibling (like) relationship as it is a romantic one" not...They are related...

Mind you I have not seen this movie and won't give them money, just reading the sploilerz

Umm he's probably going off the rumor that was going around that Palpatine was Anakin's "father." The rumors were that Palaptine used the force to create Anakin. This has been debunked by Lucasfilm though.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Umm he's probably going off the rumor that was going around that Palpatine was Anakin's "father." The rumors were that Palaptine used the force to create Anakin. This has been debunked by Lucasfilm though.
i dunno about debunked, it was in the Darth Vader comics put out by Disney. they shouldnt need to be debunking things they started.
darth-vaders-father-4.jpeg

• 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i dunno about debunked, it was in the Darth Vader comics put out by Disney. they shouldnt need to be debunking things they started.
darth-vaders-father-4.jpeg
Star Wars: Lucasfilm Exec Addresses Theory Palpatine is Anakin's Father

The StarWarsLeaks Reddit shared a screenshot of a conversation with Lucasfilm Story Group executive Matt Martin on Twitter. In the exchange, Martin confirms it was never the comic's intention to connect Palpatine to Anakin's birth. Although Charles Soule wrote Darth Vader #25, Martin reiterates he had a hand in the story and would've removed any confirmation that Palpatine was Anakin's father. He then explains the pregnancy panel was "all in Anakin’s head ... I can tell you definitively, as someone who worked on the comic, that is 100% not the intended implication."

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star Wars: Lucasfilm Exec Addresses Theory Palpatine is Anakin's Father

The StarWarsLeaks Reddit shared a screenshot of a conversation with Lucasfilm Story Group executive Matt Martin on Twitter. In the exchange, Martin confirms it was never the comic's intention to connect Palpatine to Anakin's birth. Although Charles Soule wrote Darth Vader #25, Martin reiterates he had a hand in the story and would've removed any confirmation that Palpatine was Anakin's father. He then explains the pregnancy panel was "all in Anakin’s head ... I can tell you definitively, as someone who worked on the comic, that is 100% not the intended implication."
aye, as i said, they shouldnt be doing dumb shit like this and then have to tell people no, no, no, no. the thing we insinuated is totally not true.

i also wouldnt call that a debunking as if its the readers being stupid for getting the wrong idea. because to me it looks like damage control due to one of their shit tier writers wrote something they didnt approve of.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
aye, as i said, they shouldnt be doing dumb shit like this and then have to tell people no, no, no, no. the thing we insinuated is totally not true.

i also wouldnt call that a debunking as if its the readers being stupid for getting the wrong idea. because to me it looks like damage control due to one of their shit tier writers wrote something they didnt approve of.
I mean in the article you quoted it even states that it's a vision that Darth Vader is having. If you take that panel with no context, then yes, it's misleading.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean in the article you quoted it even states that it's a vision that Darth Vader is having. If you take that panel with no context, then yes, it's misleading.
sure, but visions may also be true with jedi. that shit shouldnt have been in there. its just dumbfuckery and now because of that we have people thinking it really is canon now even if Disney denies it.

Siliconemelons

Also... in the comic shown, she is already pregnant - I would say he corrupted him to the dark side - not created him.

Fucker

Log Wizard
sure, but visions may also be true with jedi. that shit shouldnt have been in there. its just dumbfuckery and now because of that we have people thinking it really is canon now even if Disney denies it.

It's a mildly better idea than The Force rohypnolling Anakin's mother and having its way with her...which is essentially what happened.

I think many people have forgotten the fact that the entire Star Wars universe jumped the shark the moment an Ewok waddled onto the screen.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
In the Darth Plagueis book, Anakin has a different origin. Basically Plagueis and Sidious attempted to manipulate midichlorians to massively offset the balance and boost the dark side, and the Force lashed back by spawning "the Chosen One" in Shmi Skywalker to counter it. After their (failed) ritual, Plagueis and Palpatine discuss feeling a strong nexus of light coming into existence somewhere in the galaxy and realize that the Force is not so easily manipulated without consequences.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Final episode of arguably the biggest franchise of all time and a week later there’s like two posts on a message board full of dorks.

Tells you all you really need to know doesn’t it?

• 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Final episode of arguably the biggest franchise of all time and a week later there’s like two posts on a message board full of dorks.

Tells you all you really need to know doesn’t it?

Honestly I think they're being too difficult. It was action packed, ties up a lot of loose threads, answers some questions. Not perfect, not amazing, but in NO WAY is it a "dumpster fire."

Also not one fucker on this message board wrote about the Mr Rogers movie. And only a couple saw the best movie of the year, Yesterday.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly I think they're being too difficult. It was action packed, ties up a lot of loose threads, answers some questions. Not perfect, not amazing, but in NO WAY is it a "dumpster fire."

Also not one fucker on this message board wrote about the Mr Rogers movie. And only a couple saw the best movie of the year, Yesterday.
Palpatine being back easily qualifies as being the worst. canon destroyer right there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

It’s probably less about the movie itself and more about the lack of interest, the adversarial way the fans were treated, and the seeming lack of respect to the characters, primarily Luke, in TLJ.

I’ve said it before about movies, relationships, jobs, etc. It’s better to have someone complain than it is to have someone not care.

In the case of Star Wars, I think a lot of fans just stopped caring.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty much this, I grabbed a good cam right after it came out and tried twice but get about 5 min in and just dont care, would rather catch up on the expanse.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users