Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I haven't DL'd the cam and don't have any motivation to do so. The characters lack appeal.

And if I want Marvel action, well, I'll watch a Marvel movie. Still cutting through Witcher and have Expanse on deck...

Try building a universe next time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

^ Love this girl; she's a genuine fan of Star Wars and her wry delivery is always top notch.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Box office statistics say the first 10 days are ~60% of the domestic run and it'll be ~85% after next weekend. TRS has the Christmas Day bump included in the first 10 days (TLJ had it for the 11th) and it's $7m behind. They'd have to double the current international to hold steady as well.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Box office statistics say the first 10 days are ~60% of the domestic run and it'll be ~85% after next weekend. TRS has the Christmas Day bump included in the first 10 days (TLJ had it for the 11th) and it's $7m behind. They'd have to double the current international to hold steady as well.

It just came in under TLJ's 10 day run didn't it?

Projections have it at 1.2b using general existing statistical analysis of blockbuster behaviors, as a worst case scenario. But if the legs are truly gone after this weekend, it could settle at 1.1b

Anything less would be abnormal and very telling to Disney execs. Anomalies in stats are something studios take very seriously. If the movie doesn't behave like a blockbuster behaves, they will act accordingly.

It would throw a major red flag down. The shakeups would be severe.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It just came in under TLJ's 10 day run didn't it?

Projections have it at 1.2b using general existing statistical analysis of blockbuster behaviors, as a worst case scenario. But if the legs are truly gone after this weekend, it could settle at 1.1b

Anything less would be abnormal and very telling to Disney execs. Anomalies in stats is something studios take very seriously. If the movie doesn't behave like a blockbuster behaves, they will act accordingly.
they put a lot more money into this film with reshoots and a complete media blitz of marketing. just to underperform TLJ which underperformed TFA which made 2 billion. its not a huge win for the fandom, but at least not a complete loss. nerdfags really screwed the pooch on this one.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
This new movie made me recalibrate my thinking of Star Wars. I'm trying to figure out how to condense several thoughts. The first mistake was not having all three movies figured out plotwise.

The original trilogy had grittiness. The prequels were mediocre but sterile. The new trilogy has grittiness but is messy and disjointed.

When VII-IX were announced by Disney I was unenthused. Then I gave them the benefit of the doubt, choosing to be optimistic. The main anticipation was creativity over commercial blockbuster bullshit and a conclusion to one connected story like a book with nine chapters. That was the goal. And beyond that to give more creative license to new and original Star Wars stories. Force Awakens was safe but entertaining. Last Jedi took risks but was bland. At that point there was little hope for creativity over blockbuster bullshit. Those generic fucking hollywood hacks. When they said IX was called "Rise of Skywalker" I noped out.

I've been looking for a post in here that mentioned the RISE OF SAURON but I give up. That is exactly the kind of name that Hollywood™ would come up with

Force Awakens was a good name. Last Jedi was good as well. They should have called it something related to sky and walking, the something of Skywalker. Still haven't found the right word.

ROS has a bunch of cool ideas but kind of shitty execution. The characters aren't bad but so little is done with them; the actors are decent, you kind of wish they had better shit to do. The plot makes little sense, the dialogue is blockbuster nonsense, the ending is alright but terrible when taking all nine movies into account. Biggest thing it made me think about was what other kind of ending/trilogy could have been made.

Say what you will about the prequels, but they are not fan fiction. If you want to make skywalker saga Star Wars, old man Lucas has to be involved. Surround him with innovative shit, good creative heads and keep him away from calling all the shots.

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
TLJ
TFA
R1
AOTC
ROTS
TPM

Now

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
AOTC
ROTS
TPM
TROS
TLJ
TFA
R1

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Return of the Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
Starwars (so called A New Hope)

And that's it.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I cant believe how many of you are just fine with Disney necroing Palpatine and in the process raping the Vaders redemption arc.
Most of you would be more upset if someone necroed an old thread on this forum.
Fuck Disney, they aint getting any of my money. If i eventually watch this abortion it will be torrented or streamed from the usual scumbags.

• 9Solidarity
  • 6Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 15 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Wait, Rey murders chewie? And then magically he's not dead?

LOL. And you guys are saying this is an ok movie?

I don't wanna say that you're below average intelligence if you like this movie...

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Wait, Rey murders chewie? And then magically he's not dead?

LOL. And you guys are saying this is an ok movie?

I don't wanna say that you're below average intelligence if you like this movie...

She doesn't murder him. She blows up a ship that she thought he was on, but he wasn't.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

^ Love this girl; she's a genuine fan of Star Wars and her wry delivery is always top notch.

I was planning on shitting on this girl, but after listening, she's awesome. Damn she makes a lot of good points, haha. Maybe I suspended too much disbelief in liking this movie!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I was planning on shitting on this girl, but after listening, she's awesome. Damn she makes a lot of good points, haha. Maybe I suspended too much disbelief in liking this movie!

YouTube algorithm popped this video in my feed. Does that mean my algorithm is the same as Vanessa Vanessa ?

She should be offended by that.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuck, your GOT thot has a challenger!
hmm, who? Rawrist? i only linked her videos here a few times and everyone took a giant dump on me for her opinions being whacky. she is cuter than this stringbean though. bigger tittays.
5a369a0b48eae431e05c1d3583a96cc8.jpg

• 4Mother of God
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Have not seen this yet, but Palpatine is my fav character in the entire series and why I put Revenge of the Sith in the middle of the pack instead of way at the end like most of you. Gonna see this soon, glad he is supposedly in it.

As a young tyke , I collected proofs of purchase and sent away through the mail for the special Palpatine action figure! He even came with a small black cane!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

hmm, who? Rawrist? i only linked her videos here a few times and everyone took a giant dump on me for her opinions being whacky. she is cuter than this stringbean though. bigger tittays.
5a369a0b48eae431e05c1d3583a96cc8.jpg

mmm tittays

she got any nudies?

if not...who cares what she thinks!

if she does....still dont care...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users