Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I liked TFA, even with its flaws. I thought it left a lot of interesting paths the second movie could fully explore and really made for a great trilogy.

Rian instead went "lol Naw nothing matters"

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
ajyvtsg7nf641.png
Reminds me of my buddy who was in the Navy and was stationed at a base in the Nevada desert. He never saw a ship nor water.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

This was the only relevant prediction made on Reddit. The embed is a little misleading as it was made over 6 months ago.

735m total run is a little conservative. Me personally? Curious if it has the momentum to crack 1b, but the success mark is more toward 1.1b

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love me some star wars, but I also know I have bounds. A -ton- of people? Do not have bounds. They are going to see this... and possibly see this twice. 1.1b is not completely ridiculous. The opening numbers may give KK second thoughts, but unless I have missed something it is still in the hands of the gods. I mean, it's a conclusion of sorts; that draws in even the haters.

Fucker

Log Wizard
$572,096,816 so far, 8 days in. I'm guessing they'll leave it in theaters for the next decade or so until it is profitable.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Looks like the audience score is being inflated significantly by bots. I guess policing reviews only happens in one direction...when its Disney.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I enjoyed it enough. Sometimes you just enjoy movies and you remember that the prequels exist

I won't argue why I liked it against what seems like unanimous negative

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
$572,096,816 so far, 8 days in. I'm guessing they'll leave it in theaters for the next decade or so until it is profitable.

That's what I'm thinking. They will eat a loss on distribution and keep it in 4,400 theaters for a very long time just to post numbers to shareholders and mainly the media that the movie did X Y Z at the box office.

Also to preserve the Star Wars identity/franchise the appearance of commercial success is important.

Disney is willing to lose money for vanity sake.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how bad is it? My wife wants to watch it again with me and I'm wondering just how much couch sleeping this is worth saying no to. Do I have to backtrack watch the previous one too or is the plot just too bad for that to matter?

• 1Popcorn
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
So how bad is it? My wife wants to watch it again with me and I'm wondering just how much couch sleeping this is worth saying no to. Do I have to backtrack watch the previous one too or is the plot just too bad for that to matter?
All you need to know is that Luke, Snoke and the entire resistance die in embarrassing anticlimactic ways. There's no other plot links.

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are we sure Luke wasn't a clone? How about Palpy cloned Padme to do the dirty and that's Rey's lineage. In 25 more years the next Han Solo movie will be a young Han clone and it's just as irrelevant. Add in more Boba Fett clones.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
compromise? watch a cam copy and make a big batch of popcorn

• 1Popcorn

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So...how many of you guys caved in, watched it at the cinema and wasn't totally disappointed?

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
giphy.gif

You want to watch it. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
i have plenty of opportunities to throw it on. no reason to. disney fucked up big time, it wasnt bad enough they ruined the franchise going forward, they had to reach back in time like the Terminator and kill off the greatest trilogy of all time. now they're trying to ruin Indiana Jones. FUCK THEM!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
i have plenty of opportunities to throw it on. no reason to. disney fucked up big time, it wasnt bad enough they ruined the franchise going forward, they had to reach back in time like the Terminator and kill off the greatest trilogy of all time. now they're trying to ruin Indiana Jones. FUCK THEM!
Kingdomofthecrystalskull.jpg

2008 LucasFilms called...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kingdomofthecrystalskull.jpg

2008 LucasFilms called...
nah, the trilogy was already said and done, they werent trying to monkey with it in crystal skull. you can pretend that movie never existed. disney reboots destroy everything. past, present and future.

• 1Like