Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It amazes me there are nerds so fucking nerdy they watch other people play games so fucking faggy like MTG. :)
And there are people so hopelessly sad they make posts to bitch about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
And there are people so hopelessly sad they make posts to bitch about it.

And there are other people making posts bitching about people criticizing products.

You really don't get the definition of irony do you?

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i have watched a few of those "lets play" videos. only games that i have beaten and i am checking for easter eggs i might have missed. otherwise some of these guys really suck at those games. i end up yelling at the monitor "you missed that thing you dumbass!" i basically just get annoyed.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched it last saturday. Can't spell saturday without "turd", which is fitting.
Kidding aside, it was a bit below ok. Go there, get that, rinse repeat until final battle. Tons of scenes were copy/past from OT, and the Vader theme everytime they saw a shadow or a breeze was very annoying. Rey not using the force during the speeder chase then using it to hold a fucking transporter was lol.
Poe and Rey exchanges was so forced it felt like an elementary school theatre. Finn has the acting presence of a tetraplegic oyster.
I'll probably never watch any of the last 3 again.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Although im not as harsh as most here regarding RoS, I can't help but be severely disappointed in the entire trilogy and how Disney handled it... such a clusterfuck compared to some of their other IPs.

TLJ torpedoed the franchise honestly. Instead of what we got, we should have had a resurgence of Jedi, instead we end everything with 0 jedi but more force sensitive people for whatever reason yet nobody around either light or dark that will train anyone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Buckwheat and Finn will fuck in a Disney Plus Spinoff. No one wants to cast Finn in anything else. He is the new Mark Hamill.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Although im not as harsh as most here regarding RoS, I can't help but be severely disappointed in the entire trilogy and how Disney handled it... such a clusterfuck compared to some of their other IPs.

TLJ torpedoed the franchise honestly. Instead of what we got, we should have had a resurgence of Jedi, instead we end everything with 0 jedi but more force sensitive people for whatever reason yet nobody around either light or dark that will train anyone.
Light and dark are problematic concepts. Now everyone is force fluid. It's current year approved.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fact that they made something that they knew was going to a trilogy, that was going to be the final chapter of a trilogy of trilogies, without planning ANYTHING, is remarkably fucking dumb.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact that they made something that they knew was going to a trilogy, that was going to be the final chapter of a trilogy of trilogies, without planning ANYTHING, is remarkably fucking dumb.
Disney bought Star Wars for $4b and change. It would have been a really good bet at that time that they could have made all their money back on just the episode 7-9 trilogy. The ticket sales, license agreements, and merchandising from just the existing fan-base would have had that covered.

The hubris it took for them to say fuck George, fuck the fans, and fuck all the existing characters in the franchise is unimaginable. They didn't just tell their own story, without a god damn plan, they made sure to destroy everything that came before it. Do little kids even like this shit anymore? Or, is it just the latest 'Bang-Pop-Pow' blockbuster to eat some popcorn with and move on to the next Transformers-clone movie?

Kathleen Kennedy has to be the most incompetent business person of her generation. She hides behind social consciousness and promoting "unique voices", when she essentially slaughtered the goose that laid golden eggs.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Did they really NOT have a plan or did Rian Johnson go on a too much of a subvert all expectation trip and cut all the plot threads the first movie managed to setup?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Did they really NOT have a plan or did Rian Johnson go on a too much of a subvert all expectation trip and cut all the plot threads the first movie managed to setup?
Who knows, only thing thats for certain is that Kathleen Kennedy is a fucking retard for allowing this all to happen. Anyone with two brain cells should have realized planning to make a trilogy of movies without a clear storyline for all three movies would be a disaster.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Imagine knowing Force Awakens made just over 2B and if their "end to the Skywalker saga" can't even pull in half of that because of how bad they fucked up the franchise.
Especially when your other major property had an "end of saga" blockbuster that broke just about every record in the books--illustrating its certainly not movie or franchise fatigue keeping fans away. Its your dog shit writing.

• 6Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
JJ had a trilogy outline but it was discarded after he left the project.

My guess is the story group problems he had during TFA resulted in Rian being a breath of fresh air. It snowballed from there with a "Oh dont you worry I'm the biggest Message-man on the fucking planet" from Rian to the story group.

According to 2016 reports the "revolving directors" thing started because JJ was essentially forced off of future working relationships. They forced him out by just giving him hell.

Otherwise JJ was probably going to direct more movies. They apologized for Ep 9 and JJ stipulation was he reports directly to Iger. No story group committee.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who knows, only thing thats for certain is that Kathleen Kennedy is a fucking retard for allowing this all to happen. Anyone with two brain cells should have realized planning to make a trilogy of movies without a clear storyline for all three movies would be a disaster.
lets say they had a plan, the plan being to remake all the original trilogy, but do a twist with certain characters and update it for the diversity twitter shitheads in current year. if you look at it from that perspective, then the plan worked. but yeah Rian Johnson went so far to the extreme with all his twists and subversion and diversity up the ass that it left no meat on the bone for a coherent third film. the real blame is of course on KK. either she was too incompetent to realize TLJ would tank the entire franchise or she wanted it to tank. thats not somebody you want running any kind of company. and she still works there and after TLJ did its damage they re-signed her contract til 2021. that also means Iger was garbage tier and needs to GTFO. it was his idea to buy rights to lucasfilm in the first place. that place is a clusterfuck right now. and when Phase 4 of Marvel kicks in with Supertrannies and 90 pound girls running around fighting 80 ton Gods. their failure will be complete.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
7521183A-12BF-4B2A-BA38-A82F49C89FD6.jpeg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You know I can understand them wanted to diversify regardless of whether I agree with it or not. I can understand the movie being bad, it happens to the best of them once in a while.

What I don't understand about TLJ was this, didn't anyone realize that the movie which is the middle of a trilogy was ending all of the story threads and not really leaving anything for the final movie?

Honestly with very minor changes to the ending like this.

Let Finn ram his ship into the big laser shooting canon at the end, that cause an explosion taking a few ships with it allowing the Rebels to turn the tide and win the ground battle.

Have Rey defeat Kylo.

Holdo had already destroyed the fleet using Hyperspace travel. Snoke was already dead at the hand of Kylo.

Then same finale with the remaining rebels flying off in the Millennium Falcon showing the Jedi books in Rey's pack and the broom kid. So you know the future of the Jedi is safe...

End of the Saga, and absolutely no story thread left opened. It wouldn't have fixed the issue with the movie, but the saga is ended and you don't have to make a 3rd movie that was basically doomed to failure from the start because movie #2 essentially ended everything.

That's the part that simply doesn't make sense, as I said i can understand the diversity angle and girl power, it's the "thing" right now in Hollywood so I understand the why it was done, I just can't make any sense of allowing TLJ to end all story threads and not really leaving anything for the final movie.

It's over for now anyways, I have little faith for the future of the Star Wars movies unless there's a major change in the upper management of the cinematic branch of Lucasfilm.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Disney bought Star Wars for $4b and change. It would have been a really good bet at that time that they could have made all their money back on just the episode 7-9 trilogy. The ticket sales, license agreements, and merchandising from just the existing fan-base would have had that covered.

The hubris it took for them to say fuck George, fuck the fans, and fuck all the existing characters in the franchise is unimaginable. They didn't just tell their own story, without a god damn plan, they made sure to destroy everything that came before it. Do little kids even like this shit anymore? Or, is it just the latest 'Bang-Pop-Pow' blockbuster to eat some popcorn with and move on to the next Transformers-clone movie?

Kathleen Kennedy has to be the most incompetent business person of her generation. She hides behind social consciousness and promoting "unique voices", when she essentially slaughtered the goose that laid golden eggs.

So I just talked to a guy who went to DisneyWorld for the Xmas break. He and his kids planned out their Star Wars portion of the park well in advance. He said there were massive (MASSIVE) line-ups every day, and the app for getting into the Millennium Falcon ride was full up for the day in 3 FUCKING MINUTES after it opened for registration at 7 am. He DID say that the entire experience was incredibly immersive and done really well. His description of being on vacation and still having to get up at 6 am to start the day's planning and organization was pretty hilarious.

Gimme a beach any day. I will concede, however, that all three times I have been to DisneyWorld/Land I have had a fantastic time - as a child, young adult AND older man.

But I never thought about this side of it. The artistic failure of the last trilogy is incredibly painful to me. The lackluster toy sales amuses me, but I wonder if that isn't more of a function of how kids don't really play with toys these days like we did in the 70s and 80s. However, I had not considered the decades of massive ticket sales for amusement park rides and other tie-ins.

Let's face it - that $4 billion was a great investment and will most likely reap very good returns. It may have made a lot of my generation weep bitter nerd tears, but Disney is still going to make it's returns.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
lets say they had a plan, the plan being to remake all the original trilogy, but do a twist with certain characters and update it for the diversity twitter shitheads in current year. if you look at it from that perspective, then the plan worked. but yeah Rian Johnson went so far to the extreme with all his twists and subversion and diversity up the ass that it left no meat on the bone for a coherent third film. the real blame is of course on KK. either she was too incompetent to realize TLJ would tank the entire franchise or she wanted it to tank. thats not somebody you want running any kind of company. and she still works there and after TLJ did its damage they re-signed her contract til 2021. that also means Iger was garbage tier and needs to GTFO. it was his idea to buy rights to lucasfilm in the first place. that place is a clusterfuck right now. and when Phase 4 of Marvel kicks in with Supertrannies and 90 pound girls running around fighting 80 ton Gods. their failure will be complete.
I always assumed they kept Kathleen because they where afraid of the fallout of firing her from the Twitter warriors and feminist groups, I hoped they would tell her to go sit in her office and collect a check for the next few years while someone competent actually ran things but I guess I was wrong and iger really is an idiot, he got lucky with faige.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I always assumed they kept Kathleen because they where afraid of the fallout of firing her from the Twitter warriors and feminist groups, I hoped they would tell her to go sit in her office and collect a check for the next few years while someone competent actually ran things but I guess I was wrong and iger really is an idiot, he got lucky with faige.
No, he got lucky with feige as long as perlmutter was there to keep him in check.