Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For people really into the production aspect of this movie-- this isn't half bad background noise.

Everyone has great insights on the podcast for the most part.

They touch on Star Trek as well. Quite a bit. First 30-40 minutes cracks into Star Trek's legacy and the Bad Robot damage to the brand, see: lack of Picard hype which launches in 14 days. Fallout of Bad Robot involvement ongoing.

Nobody ever thought no one would give a rats ass about Picard.

3 hours if you're just passing time.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Agree.. Solo was just average, but definitely better than TLJ.

----

What do yall think is up with a lot of reviewers (RLM etc) thinking TLJ was so much better than ROS?

Don't know if I've seen all that many thinking TLJ was better. Most of those that do think the people who disliked Last Jedi will all universally love ROS, which is just wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Agree.. Solo was just average, but definitely better than TLJ.

----

What do yall think is up with a lot of reviewers (RLM etc) thinking TLJ was so much better than ROS?
the reasoning is, i dont agree with this, but the reasoning is, that TLJ while being a terribad movie, tried to do something different instead of being a paint by numbers "safe" film which fan serviced the fuck out of eveything to appease the imaginary star wars fan who isnt completely disgusted with what they did to the OT cast and canon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
People just need to let these things die. Franchises that have been shit on over and over by sjw retards all while being manipulated by corporate grave robbers should be forgotten.

Let it go.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

Burns

People just need to let these things die. Franchises that have been shit on over and over by sjw retards all while being manipulated by corporate grave robbers should be forgotten.

Let it go.

What is dead may never die!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
They ruined picard in the TNG movies though, and they did it intentionally. For some reason people seem to think Star Trek: The Motion Picture was a bad movie.

People like 90's picard, and people do realize that no one is going to give you 90's picard again. They like him for the same reason they like Cisco, and no one is going to give you another Cisco either. A developed personality approaching ethical/moral/or simply practical problems in a reasoned way guided by a cohesive philosophy which... does not always provide a satisfactory solution. And that's the most interesting part, adapting a general philsophy to a specific instance and finding a way to accomplish the best possible result. possible.

It's way easier to get a CGI artist to make shit boom. And with marvel movies... it's more profitable too.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I bet it will still crack $800M. Star Wars fans are idiots.

Will it crack $1 billion though?

1578145825307.png

Malakriss

Domestic Day 15 saw a small uptick to $11m, still far behind TLJ's $19m (days of the week are the same for both releases). The gap will only widen from here and i haven't heard "extraordinary international numbers" to make up the difference.

• 1Like

Malakriss

TLJ added $140m after this point. It's reasonable for TRS to do half that and finish at $500m domestic but will have to rely on international to push it past the 1B mark.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This movie is breaking 1B even if Disney has to buy the tickets themselves.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Imagine knowing Force Awakens made just over 2B and if their "end to the Skywalker saga" can't even pull in half of that because of how bad they fucked up the franchise.

• 1Like

Goatface

TRS is predicted to hold number 1 spot with $33.5m this weekend, TLJ did $52 in 3rd weekend then dropped 55% to $23m in 4th.
nothing of note comes out this weekend, 1917 comes out next weekend with an early estimated $24-29m weekend. after that Dolittle ($25-45m weekend) and Bad Boys of Life ($25-35m weekend)

another thing that is sorta interesting is the screen drops. think D still has the deal where they have to keep TRS on screens for 4 weeks
week 5 drops
TFA 4,134 to 3,822
TLJ 4,232 to 3,090
TRS 4,406

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's blood in the water after last night though.

First pieces are starting to come out with hard math. A best case scenario is 920m at present if current legs maintain.

The only way for it to break 920m is for Disney to purchase tickets-- or take a loss on distribution and keep it in 4,400 theaters for an unusual and extended period of time. Or sudden global revival of interest in the movie.

They will purchase tickets if they have to. No way Disney lets a AAA franchise fall so hard.

We'll know for absolutely sure tomorrow if the 920m projection is going to stick. Right now its not looking good.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So I just got back from seeing this. Was bored except for the scenes with Palpatine. Yet, this movie had the poorest portrayal of Palpatine in the series. No subtle veiled power, just OMG IM A POWERFUL MONSTER RAWR!

Also I thought Palpatine was his first name???

Rest of the movie had me daydreaming like I was just trying to get through a HR diversity training video. Cute that the African Queen was letting her natural hairstyle flow while the white bountyhunter/smuggler wtf ever she was was kept in a near full head/face helmet the entire show. And of course the African Queen was shown the most with black dude and older black dude. Would of been more woke to have her fall in love with skinny white dude from the lord of the rings that the studio kept throwing into background scenes, I guess trying to get their money out of him.

zzzzz

This movie was just watching different members of the party go through some hand held questing, with the outcome NEVER in doubt.

Revenge of the Sith was WAY better than any of these last three movies.

I did not bother seeing Han Solo to this day, besides it being on the TV in teh background and I lost interest in 20 mins.

Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
Clone Wars

After that they are all tied for last place.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People just need to let these things die. Franchises that have been shit on over and over by (sic) retards all while being manipulated by corporate grave robbers should be forgotten.

So we should close the MMO section then..

• 1Like
  • 1Rimshot