Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

spronk

FPS noob
I'm not sure Ice T was ever not a sellout. Couldn't figure out why people thought he was a thug other than being typecast.

probably cuz of his wife, she brings the get in ghetto. Its also crazy how her face morphs from photo to photo

03ab0980-e11e-11e9-bf6f-1ec82bb77685

GettyImages-71762928-768x1111.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

There are times she looks hot AF (fake but hot) and others its like.. WAT? heck even those pics - 1st pic...wat...2nd...nice

• 2Like

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not a huge star wars fan but watched enough of the original 3 to understand the plot. I watched this one last night, and wow ...how dull. I would have to say ditto to all of your comments towards the movie. The best part had to be the Deathstar in ruins, and that was about it. Everything else felt bland and boring and copied from their past movies. Disney is just diluting the SW dynasty for a money grab; no duh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The banter with the principle three characters was good and pretty much just made me hate Ep8 even more. Ryan Johnson will never get a dime from me. He wanted to make a movie with his own characters, so we got a big bunch of General Blue Hair, Franky Fucking Four Fingers, and the fattest ching chong with tits they could find. Whatever the criticisms that can be levied at this movie (and there are many), at least JJ stuck with the core characters and let them be the focus of the movie while actually interacting together. I think I feel the worst for Begoya out of all those involved, because the dude was really good in TFA and enthusiastic about both Star Wars and the fans. And he got mega shit on by RJ and KK, then a so so reprieve in the last movie. And him pointing it out is probably going to end his career.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The banter with the principle three characters was good and pretty much just made me hate Ep8 even more. Ryan Johnson will never get a dime from me. He wanted to make a movie with his own characters, so we got a big bunch of General Blue Hair, Franky Fucking Four Fingers, and the fattest ching chong with tits they could find. Whatever the criticisms that can be levied at this movie (and there are many), at least JJ stuck with the core characters and let them be the focus of the movie while actually interacting together. I think I feel the worst for Begoya out of all those involved, because the dude was really good in TFA and enthusiastic about both Star Wars and the fans. And he got mega shit on by RJ and KK, then a so so reprieve in the last movie. And him pointing it out is probably going to end his career.

That and the original JJ cut was by all accounts, from multiple sources, quite good and very much Star Wars.

JJ team posted to reddit he never had so much studio involvement in a movie before. Iger and Kennedy really micro-managed Episode 9. I believe JJ's side of things because of the extensive re-shooting which is a fact.

Also JJ is done with Disney overall-- I'm hearing that this was the last time he would work with Disney. Fool me once, fool me twice kind of thing.

Certain overtures were made after the messy TFA production to get JJ to agree to do this movie when he swore off Lucas Film after TFA, and Iger and Kennedy DID NOT deliver on those promises during the production of Episode 9.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think abrams told the story he wanted and that even his vision had Luke put on the backburner in favor of mary sue

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think abrams told the story he wanted and that even his vision had Luke put on the backburner in favor of mary sue

During TFA pre-production before the script was done, he came back several times to the storygroup and they kept reducing Luke's scenes and Kari Hart wouldn't say exactly what they wanted.

You're right in so far as they weren't given any notes about tossing Luke aside explicitly, there was no "Take Luke down a notch" feedback or anything like that.. So yes, JJ did have to do it on his own. It was more of a silent process. Like "ahhhhh....hmmm" handed back a script with scenes crossed out but without any notes. JJ would be like hmmmm OK. It was very try-again, as far as the script writing process went.

JJ and Kasdan weren't going to keep turning scripts in to have them rejected. They had already made at least 3-4 trips and some of the storygroup visits were heated enough for JJ to swear off any more storygroup ever again, which is why he dealt directly with Iger in Episode 9 production. At the end of the day, these are Hollywood professionals. They get paid to do a job.

Once they completely eliminated Luke from the story, Kari Hart and the storygroup greenlit the script.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
During TFA pre-production before the script was done, he came back several times to the storygroup and they kept reducing Luke's scenes and Kari Hart wouldn't say exactly what they wanted.

You're right in so far as they weren't given any notes about tossing Luke aside explicitly, there was no "Take Luke down a notch" feedback or anything like that.. So yes, JJ did have to do it on his own. It was more of a silent process. Like "ahhhhh....hmmm" handed back a script with scenes crossed out but without any notes. JJ would be like hmmmm OK. It was very try-again, as far as the script writing process went.

JJ and Kasdan weren't going to keep turning scripts in to have them rejected. They had already made at least 3-4 trips and some of the storygroup visits were heated enough for JJ to swear off any more storygroup ever again, which is why he dealt directly with Iger in Episode 9 production. At the end of the day, these are Hollywood professionals. They get paid to do a job.

Once they completely eliminated Luke from the story, Kari Hart and the storygroup greenlit the script.
Ask fans what they wanted to see in a Star Wars sequel and "Luke Skywalker's Kids" or "Luke Skywalker's Jedi School" would be top of the list.

Explains the situation quite well:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

This is what I've read/heard, it was essentially the most passive aggressive micromanagement ever by the ultimate feminist storygroup. They really flexed their new muscles after eliminating all those males that historically had been involved in the male privilege the franchise displayed and instead got a bunch of sycophants from outside the old guard who would obey. (And for those who think I'm being purely hyperbolic here, no, in her own words she went over this--one of her core visions to get out the old males who kept the writing male focused.)

Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck. Both women had experience in film development but had also worked in other arenas — Ms. Roberts in magazine publishing, and Ms. Beck with the Sundance Institute.

“As a writer I was very hungry to create female characters who felt real, and I was interested in telling stories from an outsider’s perspective,” Ms. Hart said, recalling Hollywood in the early 2000s. “There wasn’t a lot of receptivity to the things I really wanted to write about at the time. I think there is increasing openness to those things now, which makes me really hopeful.”

So of course, the first thing she had to do was destroy any of those heroic male figures who might still be lingering. Luke could not be allowed to overshadow Rey. This was her movie, and I'm sure the above dogmatic zealot felt genuinely threatened by even his presence. Make no mistake, these people are fucking bitter. They all went through some University system that instructed them they were being actively oppressed by white males (In this case, she went through Standford), and throughout their entire careers, they probably felt the ONLY reason they weren't in control of whole studios by 25, despite being brave, beautiful, and super smart, was due to their gender and skin color--and, well, you can see the results of holding onto that kind of jealousy and envy and anger for decades.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have yet to watch this movie. Cant even seem to find motivation to watch the pirated version. I think I'll watch the Screen Rant Pitch meeting of it instead and be happy with that.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
FBI: we investigated ourselves and found no wrong!

Astr0 bot broke itself, can someone reset it?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
FBI: we investigated ourselves and found no wrong!

• 2Worf