Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think one of my all time favourite games on the Atari was Vanguard.

I mean, it plays the Hawkmen descending theme from Flash Gordon when you pick up energy cells and those colours... double rainbow!

The actual Arcade Vanguard was so much better. I had a difficult time playing the atari version as it did not translate that well. To this day I play the Arcade one from time to time(I have a Multigame Tabletop system).

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
FB-IMG-15922866087990320.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rian Johnson throws shots at George Lucas on twitter.

Rian Johnson is officially in open contempt of the Star Wars franchise as a whole. It's no longer speculation.

Before TLJ, he already held Lucas and Star Wars in contempt. The fact that he had to use someone else's platform, someone else's intellectual properties, to create HIS movie, to Rian Johnson-- this was unforgivable.

He wanted to make HIS movies. HIS ideas.

This is fairly common with millennials.

They want to be the creator, and are willing to go to great lengths to become the sole creator of something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Rian Johnson throws shots at George Lucas on twitter.

Rian Johnson is officially in open contempt of the Star Wars franchise as a whole. It's no longer speculation.

Before TLJ, he already held Lucas and Star Wars in contempt.

He wanted to make HIS movies. HIS ideas.

This is fairly common with millennials.

They want to be the creator, and are willing to go to great lengths to become the sole creator of something.
Calling that "contempt for Star Wars" is a stretch. If we're going to criticize him for that statement, it should be because he has such bad TDS that he's making a pathetic reach trying to connect the rise of the Empire with the rise of Trump.

• 1Seriously?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Do not besmirch the legacy of Emperor Palpatine with such talk.

With RoS the whole of Star Wars really becomes not the story of Skywalker but the ascension and collapse of Darth Sidious.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Do not besmirch the legacy of Emperor Palpatine with such talk.

With RoS the whole of Star Wars really becomes not the story of Skywalker but the ascension and collapse of Darth Sidious.
Nobody other than colossal faggots considers the Disney trilogy to be Star Wars.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nobody other than colossal faggots considers the Disney trilogy to be Star Wars.
there were many here sperging about how they couldnt wait to see this hot pile of shit. they are indeed faggots and know nothing about Star Wars. they couldnt even tell they were being handed an almost beat by beat remake of the original trilogy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
there were many here sperging about how they couldnt wait to see this hot pile of shit. they are indeed faggots and know nothing about Star Wars. they couldnt even tell they were being handed an almost beat by beat remake of the original trilogy.

I mean, The Force Awakens had me at a cautious wait and see. They laid the groundwork with two new factions and some likable new characters. Well I say new factions even if they are a rehash of the Rebel Alliance and Empire but that's beside the point. Then TLJ happened and it undid all the possible good that TFA brought to the table.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I like TFA for the most part, especially before knowing how #8/9 would go. But now knowing how everything panned out makes the whole thing a disaster.
TLJ screwed it all up. If the Luke story/payoff was actually executed properly, it would have turned around the entire trilogy.
We waited all of TFA for Luke then TLJ takes a dump all over it. That's my main gripe. Another main issue with TFA was Han dying. I'm more forgiving here if it was contract related and Ford didn't want to do more than 1 movie... BUT, if he was actually willing to be in more, then it really aggravates me. Killing off the Original 3 seemed so forced & very lazy writing. At least Marvel found ways to "retire" characters without needing to kill them all. At the time of TFA I didn't know Luke & Leia were also on the chopping block, so just killing Han did seem acceptable at the time.

I thought ROS was a fun movie but obviously was screwed over by TLJ hardcore and JJ did what he could to salvage the mess. For what he had to work with, I'm actually impressed with what he did. The entire movie would have been different if not for TLJ.

In conclusion, TFA was a good start to rebooting the franchise, but then 8/9 should have been entirely different movies.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
they should have merged fast and furious and star wars, TFA could have had Paul Walker, Leia and Han Solo ride off in the Millenium Falcon while See You Again plays, Vin Diesel and Luke Skywalker and The Rock all chill out in a Romanian strip club while planning the heist of Emperor Palpatines Treasure Planet

Paul is Han Solo's son and Vin Diesel is Darth Vaders son and Luke Skywalkers brother, BOOM universes merged

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I like TFA for the most part, especially before knowing how #8/9 would go. But now knowing how everything panned out makes the whole thing a disaster.
TLJ screwed it all up. If the Luke story/payoff was actually executed properly, it would have turned around the entire trilogy.
We waited all of TFA for Luke then TLJ takes a dump all over it. That's my main gripe. Another main issue with TFA was Han dying. I'm more forgiving here if it was contract related and Ford didn't want to do more than 1 movie... BUT, if he was actually willing to be in more, then it really aggravates me. Killing off the Original 3 seemed so forced & very lazy writing. At least Marvel found ways to "retire" characters without needing to kill them all. At the time of TFA I didn't know Luke & Leia were also on the chopping block, so just killing Han did seem acceptable at the time.

I thought ROS was a fun movie but obviously was screwed over by TLJ hardcore and JJ did what he could to salvage the mess. For what he had to work with, I'm actually impressed with what he did. The entire movie would have been different if not for TLJ.

In conclusion, TFA was a good start to rebooting the franchise, but then 8/9 should have been entirely different movies.
Nope. Liking TFA makes you just as big a faggot as the cocksniffers who liked TLJ.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Confirms JJ Abrams reddit post last year from his staffers. Heard from both Lucas Film and JJ's production company now.

Its no longer rumor in that sense.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lmao remember people on FOH said reshoots into November weren't possible?

1594161919074.png

• 1Like