Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zero interest (foundation is shit, ep9 won't erase ep7/8), will torrent it so I can shit all over it. Fuck them and their dumpster fire franchise.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Zero interest (foundation is shit, ep9 won't erase ep7/8), will torrent it so I can shit all over it. Fuck them and their dumpster fire franchise.

INB4

“LOL you’re a salty fat lonely nerd”

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Looked like they were doing it on purpose, working together.

what I don't understand is why anyone would think having Ray go Galen Starkiller and get EVEN MORE powerful, would make anyone more interested in her.

Yeah, it looked like she was jumping either over or into the ship. JJ would definitely do a shot like that.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Why do people have to be so extreme. TLJ was an abomination, we can all agree. But at the same time there is some truth to people being idiots for wasting their time shitting on something they have no interest in.

Take shit at face value and make your own judgements. Flock mentality and sensationalism is rife. There is nothing wrong with despising ep 8 but still give ep 9 a chance as a fan of the franchise.

Something isn't always better than nothing, but in this case we knew we were getting a 3 pack here. 7 was ok, 8 was the worse in the entire franchise, so if 9 is also ok it will be a colossal disappointment but at the end of the day the sequels will had been somewhat of a success (commercially if nothing else) if the ending is meaningful and satisfying in whatever way it can be.

Abrams can pull this off IMO. I'm not expecting anything truly quality, but there is an entire franchise reputation on the line here. I think he will handle with care, so "ok" is the most likely outcome, not terrible like Rian Johnsons effort.

[/QUOTE]
We have history to go on, Star Wars shit the bed with ROTJ and now all they do is roll around in it. JJ Abrams has never made a good movie, he knows nothing of the franchises he is working on (Oh no Han is dead so Leia has to run right past fucking CHEWBACCA so she can comfort a complete stranger) and dont even get me started on the shit show he did with Star Trek...I mean that movie was nothing like any star trek I had ever seen...Star Wars was the action packed franchise with high speed chases and daring sabre duels, where as Star Trek was the thinking mans franchise, More character driven, more human stories...but nope now Star Trek is just pew pew bullshit too thanks to this fucking hack, so please tell me honestly why should I have ANY hope for episode 9?

Jive Turkey

Karen
It's a cool image, but how the fuck does a good fraction of an intact Death Star end up anywhere but Endor?

If the explosion blew it in the opposite direction with enough force to overcome Endor's gravitational pull it could wind up anywhere

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It's a cool image, but how the fuck does a good fraction of an intact Death Star end up anywhere but Endor? Not to mention you would think one of the thousands of ships present when it blew up would have taken notice.

Because Endor is a moon of a larger planet with a stronger gravitational pull?

Caliane

Because Endor is a moon of a larger planet with a stronger gravitational pull?
Endor is the moon of the planet Endor, in the Endor star system, with the two suns Endor1 and Endor2.

I am not making that up.
but, I'm not sure what Qhue's poin was.
"how the fuck does a good fraction of an intact Death Star end up anywhere but Endor "
who claimed that was not Endor?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Endor is the moon of the planet Endor, in the Endor star system, with the two suns Endor1 and Endor2.

I am not making that up.
but, I'm not sure what Qhue's poin was. who claimed that was not Endor?
You mean the FOREST moon of Endor?
I mean I know there are clearings in forest, that just doesnt look like a forest moon to me.
Edit: Never mind, on further looking I guess that is a beach they are standing at...my bad

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
My point was that if a good portion of the Death Star 2 made a quasi soft landing on Endor (any part of that system) it would have been gone over thoroughly by now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Isn't that exactly what Rey was doing first time we met her? Scrounging old wrecks for useful parts.

iannis

Musty Nester
There's a reason you nerds are going to die alone and miserable. Sure they jacked up the SW series by not pre-constructing the story before producing the trilogy, but it's entertainment, and something to get our mind off our daily lives. Stop over-critiquing every aspect and either enjoy or can it. FFS children probably have a better time viewing this stuff because their imaginations are still fully functioning, not degraded by years of alcohol abuse or bitterness towards society.
Point considered.

Counterpoint: this shit just sucks.

Sometimes women are mean and ugly.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You mean the FOREST moon of Endor?
I mean I know there are clearings in forest, that just doesnt look like a forest moon to me.
Edit: Never mind, on further looking I guess that is a beach they are standing at...my bad
If that was a massive chunk of the death star. It's not been confirmed, but if it were. It would have a cataclysmic effect on impact.

iannis

Musty Nester
A star destroyer crashing in the desert would have a greater effect than making a furrow too. Even if it slowly hovered down.

I'm ok with stars wars ignoring that kind of thing in order to deliver an interesting visual if it's used sparingly. the iconic twin suns setting over lukes ranch isn't very likely either. Looks really cool though. They're building around those though instead of using them as accents.

Can't blame them. It's been working great with comic book movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
A star destroyer crashing in the desert would have a greater effect than making a furrow too. Even if it slowly hovered down.

I'm ok with stars wars ignoring that kind of thing in order to deliver an interesting visual if it's used sparingly. the iconic twin suns setting over lukes ranch isn't very likely either. Looks really cool though. They're building around those though instead of using them as accents.

Can't blame them. It's been working great with comic book movies.
Most stars in the Universe are actually Binary stars
-With binary stars at their center, the Kepler-47 planets have two suns like Tatooine, the fictional home world of Luke Skywalker in the "Star Wars" universe. Kepler 47-c orbits within the habitable zone of its parent binary star. Its orbit is the largest yet found for a planet outside our solar system

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
IMG-20190413-WA0003.jpg
Highly possible this can happen, Disney and Kunt Kennedy are beyond retarded.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
IMG-20190413-WA0003.jpg

Highly possible this can happen, Disney and Kunt Kennedy are beyond retarded.
This is exactly the kind of shit I would expect Disney and JJ to do. Its probably pretty accurate.

Completely devoid of any originality. Throw in some more crap from the OT for nostalgia points in a desperate attempt to get old fans into the the theater one more time (because all the new characters are shit and no one cares about them). Shallow, no character development, lots of matrixy action sequences that have not consequence or gravity to them (literally), meaningless story with multitude of plot holes.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
yeah probably should spoiler that, as I also expect it to be completely true. fits wholeheartedly with the teaser sequences.

Fucker

Log Wizard
yeah probably should spoiler that, as I also expect it to be completely true. fits wholeheartedly with the teaser sequences.

Here's a leaked still of the returned Mace Windu showing Rei the special thing that's going to save the universe.

1.jpg

• 3Like