Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Abandon all hope if any of you were foolish enough to still have some.

So they wrote an entire story around old clips/scenes, just so they could include them? Anyone think you'd get a solid, organic, character driven story by being forced to use plot points harvested from cut material in another film?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Hehe all of you faggots will see this movie, lets not kid ourselves. You will see it, some of you even twice, and then come here and bitch about how bad it was, etc, etc...
rental sure. I watch alot of bad movies to laugh at.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ummmm. Ya Ok.
Clipboard01.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hehe all of you faggots will see this movie, lets not kid ourselves. You will see it, some of you even twice, and then come here and bitch about how bad it was, etc, etc...
I haven't seen Solo and only just recently watched The Last Jedi on Netflix(it took about 4 sessions to watch it in its entirety). I can guarantee you that I won't be paying any money to watch this. That said, I'll definitely still come back here to shitpost. I'm very excited for the memes.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I haven't seen Solo and only just recently watched The Last Jedi on Netflix(it took about 4 sessions to watch it in its entirety). I can guarantee you that I won't be paying any money to watch this. That said, I'll definitely still come back here to shitpost. I'm very excited for the memes.

You should def check out solo, I thought it was good, others I have talked to at work said they were surprised by how good it was. Same with Rogue one.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You should def check out solo, I thought it was good, others I have talked to at work said they were surprised by how good it was. Same with Rogue one.

Rogue One was fucking awful, gtfo. Not Last Jedi bad of course, but it was not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination. The closest time any part of that movie came to being good was when they snuck in easter eggs for Rebels.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im saying in relation to other SW movies. If you really think about it, none of the SW shit is any good. Even the old shit is not good, its just nostalgia and little kid inside of you talking.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Only SW movie i have not watched at the movies is Solo.

i'll probably see this at the theatre though since it is "main story" not spinoff.

do wanna see mandoralan show though

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Solo just made little sense. I guess it had some cool visuals but the feminist Robot and dumb shit like that just weighed it down. Everything about Han Solo, UP UNTIL HIS FUCKING DEATH indicated that he spent most of his life as a literal total piece of shit thieving space pirate who fit right in with the Hutts and organized crime syndicates. All of which only cared about profiting off the war. Somehow, against all odds, Han eventually had a change of heart with the Resistance and falling for Leia. The idea that the smuggling circle he joined eventually coalesced into the Rebellion somehow is pants on head fucking retarded beyond all measure. Because in the Force Awakens Han Solo and Chewie were back at smuggling and being space pirates once Kylo got taken from him and Leia.

The original SW trilogy was great because it had a decent, interesting story with memorable characters. On top of special effects that had never before been seen on Earth at the time.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Solo just made little sense. I guess it had some cool visuals but the feminist Robot and dumb shit like that just weighed it down. Everything about Han Solo, UP UNTIL HIS FUCKING DEATH indicated that he spent most of his life as a literal total piece of shit thieving space pirate who fit right in with the Hutts and organized crime syndicates. All of which only cared about profiting off the war. Somehow, against all odds, Han eventually had a change of heart with the Resistance and falling for Leia. The idea that the smuggling circle he joined eventually coalesced into the Rebellion somehow is pants on head fucking retarded beyond all measure. Because in the Force Awakens Han Solo and Chewie were back at smuggling and being space pirates once Kylo got taken from him and Leia.

The original SW trilogy was great because it had a decent, interesting story with memorable characters. On top of special effects that had never before been seen on Earth at the time.

Where did you get that? All I saw was him giving the space fuel to the rebels and then he fucked off, he didnt join shit, he went back to gambiling to win the millennium Falcon. Which then all assumptions is he was a thief doing jobs again.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Where did you get that? All I saw was him giving the space fuel to the rebels and then he fucked off, he didnt join shit, he went back to gambiling to win the millennium Falcon. Which then all assumptions is he was a thief doing jobs again.

Yeah sorry, he didn't join the smuggling circle, but the smugglers indicated they were going to be part of the rebellion or some shit. I forget exactly.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thought the whole Solo thing was interesting because it gave us a backstory for the guy. At least for us that never pickd up a SW book in their lives. Maybe some of you more hardcore nerd geeks read about all this shit in a 10 volume set, but for me it was an interesting insight into how Han solo was made. And how he met all the side characters and how he got to meet chewie. To me at least it was 100% more interesting than any other SW movie since the original trilogy.

• 1Seriously?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Generally speaking, interquels are even worse than sequels. Rebels worked because it was focused on new characters, with existing SW characters mostly being single episode cameos. Clone Wars worked because it was exploring something that the movies really glossed over (the Clone Wars themselves, as well as Jedi culture in general). They were also animated shows aimed at a different audience with a much lower budget than a major motion picture.

Rogue One sucked because we didn't need AN ENTIRE FUCKING MOVIE dedicated to explaining a minor plot point from the first movie. That's something that you can work into a single episode of a TV show, maybe a two-parter if you really feel like stretching it. Solo was mediocre because it didn't even relate to important events of the period, backstory for Han is another topic that could have been done perfectly well in the span of 1 or 2 TV episodes, and the proto-rebellion hook was fucking stupid when we already have a canon source for the origins of the Rebellion in Rebels.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I read plenty of EU stuff when I was in middle school. But the only one that ever stood out was the Thrawn Trilogy. Which takes place immediately after Return of the Jedi and covers all the things you would logically care about. Luke setting up an academy for new Jedi. The struggles of the reformed republic. Capped off by an extremely compelling and interesting villain in Grand Admiral Thrawn.

• 2Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I saw Solo on netflix or HBO, and it was the first movie in the franchise that I didn't see within a week of release. I guess my expectations were so low for it (especially after The Last Jedi), that I was pleasantly surprised by it. And I actually liked Rogue One except for the annoying blind Asian character - especially when they didn't completely "disney out" on the ending and miraculously save the rebels at the end.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There hasn't been a good Star Wars movie made in the last 38 years. Why the fuck anyone expects anything from this IP is beyond me.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah it will still break 1B but if it breaks 1.5B then it doesn't matter what shit they throw at the audience, the future of franchises are doomed at that point.

I'm sticking with my predictions i made after force awakened of roughly half for second movie and half again for third in the trilogy.

I don't think it will break 1 billion mark. I put it at 500-750 million dollar mark. it will depend on first perceptions of the movie whether it hit the high side are low side of my estimate.