Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not holding out much hope... and I doubt this is what will happen, but if Rey becomes the next Darth Vader/Villain, I'd be good with that and it might make up for the last 2 movies of pure ass.

The positives:
  • All these new candy-assed characters get to sit in the trash heap since they mean nothing to the final conclusion.
  • The SJW crowd gets to be pissed at not only GoT, but also SW.
  • The next SW trilogy was announced for 2022, 2024, 2026... unfortunately it's by Benioff & Weiss... Will Rey be the lead villain? Although we hate how GoT ended. Benioff & Weiss did do female villains well, so a badass Rey might be up their alley.
  • It would have some parallel with Anakin where we got this innocent child who becomes the badass "villain".. Vader is more of a tragic hero and Rey could end up going that same route.
All that said, it's likely just Rey taking Kylo's weapon or Darth Maul's somehow, and she kills the final baddie (Emperor?), and everyone lives happily ever after.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I've lost all hope...BUT, they could still turn it around to salvage a bit of everything that was lost, by making Rey go to the darkside, and Kylo saving the day. The plot so far would be able to back this up. Rey showed that while training with Luke, she was drawn to the dark, she has immense power and no training at all to control it. She 'should' be the perfect candidate to be mind fucked by a sith and controlled. All it would take is some event they shoehorn into the beginning of the last movie to make her question what she is doing.

Kylo has better (though barely) character development and would fit a redemption arc. Between his parents, his betrayal as a kid by Luke, he is already questioning if what he is doing is right. He idolized Vader who had the same redemption moment. They could set this finale up as a big switcheroo, which would keep Rey as a nobody with immense power that would be unstoppable, if not for the ultimate chosen one (Anakin->Vader->Leia->Kylo) to redeem himself and put her down.

I think there is a .001% chance of this happening, but one can dream

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Ehhh.

My guess is gonna be about Rey succumbing to the dark side and through the power of love.. Kylo is going redemption and will bring her back to the light to fight off some nutsack looking sith lord.

F

• 1Barf

Sterling

El Presidente
that flip open thing with the saber is so offputting and jarring. what in the actual fuck.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Why do they keep inventing new retard level light sabers? Kylo Ren's was dumb enough when it was introduced now this abomination. Starwars is dead, it died with Disney... I mean for fucks sake as bad as the prequels were they look like goddamn Rembrandt's when compared to these dumpster fires.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Ehhh.

My guess is gonna be about Rey succumbing to the dark side and through the power of love.. Kylo is going redemption and will bring her back to the light to fight off some nutsack looking sith lord.

F
While I think this is a more plausible scenario, they already did that scene in the last movie. I'm sure that wouldn't stop them from doing it again though. At this point I don't care what happens as long as Rey dies somehow in the end, and then stands next to Yoda/Vader/kid Vader/Luke/Obi-Wan in some cringe worthy force ghost final scene with computer generated Leia looking up at them with Kylo by her side and they all wink at each other. Roll credits.

• 1Worf

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Rey has no parents because she's a cloned experiment by Palpatine from a project that came to fruition after his death, and the Darth Rey in the trailer is another (evil) clone. You heard it here first, folks!

• 4Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
also a big reveal like that this early has to be a trolljob or a twist, which itself is still a kind of spoiler. A reveal like that this far from the release reeks of either stupidity or desperation.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Rey has no parents because she's a cloned experiment by Palpatine from a project that came to fruition after his death, and the Darth Rey in the trailer is another (evil) clone. You heard it here first, folks!
Plausible.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What happened to this dude anyway? Didn't he do the Fringe and Lost? Both shows were pretty good, IMO. Not the best but still good shit.

Got big and became in love with the smell of his own farts? Would actually make him sort of a parallel to Lucas in a way. It's like poetry.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
He also did the Star Trek reboot movies which were, IMHO, awful, derivative, brainless and wholly un-Roddenberry.

M Knight made some good movies in the beginning too...

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Why do they keep inventing new retard level light sabers? Kylo Ren's was dumb enough when it was introduced now this abomination. Starwars is dead, it died with Disney... I mean for fucks sake as bad as the prequels were they look like goddamn Rembrandt's when compared to these dumpster fires.

It's more toys to sell. Sure, you may have Rey's lightsaber from The Last Jedi but do you have her double flippy dark side lightsaber? Of course not! It's brand new! I found this presentation to be helpful -

consumesmaller.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Once again the only smart option for Disney would be to go the Knights of the Old Republic route and set new movies some few thousand years in the past.. Then they are free to go apeshit on SJW donkey fuckers and retard level light sabers or whatever the fuck they want.. Stop trying to piss on everyones childhood.

• 1Like