Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Siliconemelons

Or it could be like the end of Transformers the animated series.

They used up all the power of the matrix to save the universe ... and now it is up to the next generation of autobots to refill the matrix' power.

So they could do that! and yeah sure Muurloen Muurloen i guess like the matrix

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Can't wait to see Rey go through all the Star Destroyers/Death Stars (whatever they end up being) all Mary Poppins Leia mixed in with a bit of Capt Cunt.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So i finally got ambushed with the trailer. Anyone else think the cut of the saber fight looked like they just cut it straight out of Ep 3 and palette swapped the lava to water? Would fit Abrams' MO.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So i finally got ambushed with the trailer. Anyone else think the cut of the saber fight looked like they just cut it straight out of Ep 3 and palette swapped the lava to water? Would fit Abrams' MO.
it was all so stupid, i immediately tried to blot it out of my head. they played it in the previews for Rambo 5 and it still looked godawful and people were laughing at it after the vision/dream Rey did her fliphone lightsaber routine.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait to see Rey go through all the Star Destroyers/Death Stars (whatever they end up being) all Mary Poppins Leia mixed in with a bit of Capt Cunt.

I really dont know which scene is worse.

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rey is too hot-headed to stay Jedi. She reminds me of Anakin, who was plot-forced to be hot-headed. I don't know if her character is mirroring that plot line (technique of mirroring has been mentioned over and over) and Finn will take on the kind of Obi-Wan role where he tries to save her - and all of this is intentional - or she's just a bad actress and/or(Endor?) also pressured to act powerful and cunty by people who idolize (and market) such.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Rey is too hot-headed to stay Jedi. She reminds me of Anakin, who was plot-forced to be hot-headed. I don't know if her character is mirroring that plot line (technique of mirroring has been mentioned over and over) and Finn will take on the kind of Obi-Wan role where he tries to save her - and all of this is intentional - or she's just a bad actress and/or(Endor?) also pressured to act powerful and cunty by people who idolize (and market) such.

Cause she is Anakin. She's his clone. The Emperor made her, and its time for him to return to collect his new apprentice.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Can a force user make another force user stab themselves with their own weapon? Vader can choke an asshole and Luke can lift an entire fighter. Can I not just quickly grab your sword hand and flick it back 120 degrees before you react?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can a force user make another force user stab themselves with their own weapon? Vader can choke an asshole and Luke can lift an entire fighter. Can I not just quickly grab your sword hand and flick it back 120 degrees before you react?
There's some (probably former canon) stuff about how force powers vs force powers don't really work in battle since they can be actively repelled within a certain range and it takes concentration. That also doubles as an explanation as to why they rely on weapons they physically hold versus trying to telekinesis a bunch of objects. The one still canon scene for this is Anakin vs Obi-wan trying to force push each other but they stalemate until both go flying backwards.

But against ordinary people and droids who have no protection sure go ahead and force choke/push/snap them at will cause you know they have no defense.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There is jedi and dark side force. I imagine you cant use dark side force to negate jedi force. Its why yoda and palpy threw rocks at each other. I think im fucking that explanation up, besides, they fuck over their own canon about force in each film to the point where you can whatever if the plot demands it. Remember that one scene in phantom menace when obi wan and quaigon ran away in super speed? Never happened before that or since.