Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
accelerated movement was a common EU force power, it just hadn't been conceived for the OT and would have looked like shit back then anyway. There wouldn't be any point in showing it in a battle of force users since they presumably could both use it, and there weren't a lot of force user vs non force user fights in the movies. Recreating KOTOR style master speed spamming combat in live action would just look stupid.

The reason Yoda and Dooku/Palpatine mostly throw inanimate objects at each other is because only dark side powers allow you to use the force to directly cause harm to another living creature. Yoda is shown to be capable of directly blocking force lightning with his own mastery of the force once Palpatine resorts to it.

Siliconemelons

There's some (probably former canon) stuff about how force powers vs force powers don't really work in battle since they can be actively repelled within a certain range and it takes concentration. That also doubles as an explanation as to why they rely on weapons they physically hold versus trying to telekinesis a bunch of objects. The one still canon scene for this is Anakin vs Obi-wan trying to force push each other but they stalemate until both go flying backwards.

But against ordinary people and droids who have no protection sure go ahead and force choke/push/snap them at will cause you know they have no defense.
There is jedi and dark side force. I imagine you cant use dark side force to negate jedi force. Its why yoda and palpy threw rocks at each other. I think im fucking that explanation up, besides, they fuck over their own canon about force in each film to the point where you can whatever if the plot demands it. Remember that one scene in phantom menace when obi wan and quaigon ran away in super speed? Never happened before that or since.

Also... and again this was a lot of EU and "fanboy" explanation for the Ani v Obiwan in Ep3 fight where they just did some fancy dance moves at each other in the control room for 5 min not even contacting their sabers... AND also an explanation for why Vader v ObiWan in E4 was so slow and simple...AND is referenced to why Anikin could pod race and other humans could not.

Ahem...

Jedi and force users all have a slight and momentary foresight / seeing the future - like a mere blink of an eye worth, half a second etc.. so this is how they "react" so fast... SO that is why little Ani could pod race, its why Jedi v Jedi fights at a high level have alot of "nothings" because they are constantly seeing what the attack is, reacting to it, then the other side sees the reaction etc. etc en loop and en mass... its also why the fight ended with a "jump" where he really could not change his course of action (except via the force...le sigh) and it also explains why Vade v Obiwan was so slow and they did the "flinch pull back" attack at each other...because they where both fighting in future sight and what "we see" is just the result of 500 attacks and parrys.

well...yeah

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
as much of a SW fanboy i was growing up, i always maintained a foundation that they didn't have any consistent underlining meta to pull from. Sure, Tolken rewrote the Hobbit several times before it was a foundation for the trilogy and the one ring. but Lucas & Co just made it up as they went along. I don't think they had any intention of having Luke & Leia being siblings when they filmed them kissing. The prequels are just filled with things that don't make sense, that can only be explained by writters thinking they remember the OG trilogy from their childhood.

When you consider the money motivator, you can understand so much more of the SW universe. Sure, I want so bad to hear that Darth Jar Jar was gonna be a thing, SOOO BAD, it would totally repair my childhood bad. But deep down, I know, he was just a cute silly character that they thought kids would dig and thus sell toys. In 7 & 8, knowing that Lucas has 50% merch rights to orig characters, no wonder all of them are background objects in any scene.

Trying to explain what happend on screen due to some underlining SW Universal Constants is entertaining, but 99% of the time is off base or just right by random luck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most of it isn't canon anymore anyway.

Time travel and force gods? Still canon.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
was Leia's Mary Poppins spacewalk or Luke's force projection ever a thing in the books?

Pretty sure a solid force projection at interstellar range was something not even the deepest darkest corners of the EU ever did. It's entirely reasonable for a well trained force user to be able to shield themselves from the effects of vacuum/space exposure and propel themselves in a zero gravity environment with force PK, it just looked dumb the way they did it in the movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I mean it looked double dumb since Leia was not a highly trained force user to begin with. Could Jedi masters shield againt the vacuum of space? Sure i'll buy that, for a short time.

Could Leia do it? Hell fucking no.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
was Leia's Mary Poppins spacewalk or Luke's force projection ever a thing in the books?

Late in the EU they had Lumiya (Sith female) utilize multiple force projections to force people to fight what appeared to be "evil twins" of each other across many light years. If I recall it was implied she drew on the power of some asteroid where a former lord of the Sith lived for many years, so it had essentially become a Dark Side Nexus or whatever with power for her to draw on to create the projections. I think it was assumed had either person actually "hurt" the projection of the other, they would incur the same physical harm...but it never actually happened to show this would be the case.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
These articles about a "fleet of Death Stars" are clickbait and misleading... we've already seen in the trailer that the "Sith Star Destroyers" (the Imperial-era Star Destroyers with the dark red lining) can shoot a massive red beam (seen impacting a planet but not destroying it in the trailer), and that was actually introduced in TLJ since the First Order also had a "portable" super-laser to use as a battering ram for the Resistance base..

So really, it's a fleet of Star Destroyers that each have a mini super-laser, probably capable of destroying a planet if they fire from several angles, but it's not a "fleet of Death Stars".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What galaxy?

???

You're talking about the sequel trilogy right?
huh? the star wars galaxy

this one
1*RM_e-1HG17j7YsMPHvTZKA.png