Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, but solo was reluctantly recruited to the rebellion. He was "the rogue with the heart of gold". Basically a fuck up that wanted to make his money, have his fun, not get killed, but also do right when it mattered. Especially if there was princess pussy in it.

He was chaotic good. Being a family man was not for him.

I think it makes perfect sense that he left his family. Basically Han and Leia got divorced. That's basically it. Han sent his boy off to luke for training, bad shit happened, Solo could not deal and he took off.

But then 15 years later he realized that he should have found a way to deal and regretted it. It nagged at him.

I think that's probably a very sympathetic character to an awful lot of people. And realistic. Solo is so popular because he does describe how an awful lot of people view themselves.

Luke was supposed to be the paragon. Solo was supposed to be the everyman. It's archetypes. For solo they played that archetype out into a real situation and found a way to make it abstractly relevant. For luke they just completely destroyed the archetype for cheap nihilistic thrills. And for Fischer we'll never know, i'm positive they would have made it terrible though.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Secret Skywalker?
lol

Quaid Quaid is right, hah, this guy is like nails on a chalkboard. Just watched his last video, I enjoy some SJW bashing but god damn.

That said, I would LOVE if they released the Rey destroys everyone version. How amazing would that be to cap off the Mary Sue express to see Rey just skull fuck the emperor without even breaking a sweat. Maybe she can toss out some amazing line.

Emperor: "I killed Mace Windu and Darth Vader. I have defeated Yoda. No man can defeat me!"

Rey: "I am no man!"

WOOO. Would just give the Hollywood folks shivers at the how amazing those farts would smell after a line like that.

• 8Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, but solo was reluctantly recruited to the rebellion. He was "the rogue with the heart of gold". Basically a fuck up that wanted to make his money, have his fun, not get killed, but also do right when it mattered. Especially if there was princess pussy in it.

He was chaotic good. Being a family man was not for him.

I think it makes perfect sense that he left his family. Basically Han and Leia got divorced. That's basically it. Han sent his boy off to luke for training, bad shit happened, Solo could not deal and he took off.

But then 15 years later he realized that he should have found a way to deal and regretted it. It nagged at him.

I think that's probably a very sympathetic character to an awful lot of people. And realistic. Solo is so popular because he does describe how an awful lot of people view themselves.

Luke was supposed to be the paragon. Solo was supposed to be the everyman. It's archetypes. For solo they played that archetype out into a real situation and found a way to make it abstractly relevant. For luke they just completely destroyed the archetype. And for Fischer we'll never know, i'm positive they would have made it terrible though.
yeah, not buying that, even the Solo movie they had Solo willing to give everything up for his little khaleesi poon.

• 1Garbage

iannis

Musty Nester
Well watching the Solo movie is part of the problem!

This is why I think Harrison Ford had an awful lot of creative control of his character.

The story of Han Solo in the pillar movies does have an internal consistiency. And his character is the only one with it. They abandon that in the Solo movie, which Ford didn't have anything to do with.

I do see what you want Han to be, and I'd be good with that too. It is a much more optimistic story. I don't think it's how Ford saw solo is all, he's a bit more pessimitic.

And you've misunderstood. Why wouldn't he want to keep making movies? The point is that he doesn't need to. He's got his ranch, he's got his helicopter, he's got his young wife, he's rich as shit, and he's a legit movie star. He's got a good life. On a fundamental level he does not -need- the next movie. But it's not like he's going to turn down free blowjobs. What is he, an idiot?

There's a lot of power in not needing it. Even just the possibility of the word "no" is a very powerful negotitating tool.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I'm Ford, and they're asking me to do another Star Wars, and I'm like 80 years old, and I know this is one of the last movies i'll ever do and I know this movie directly relates to the success i've had in my entire damn life... Yeah, maybe I do say "I'll do it on one condition, and it's not about money". He wants that character to have a heroic death. And he got it, after a fashion.

Harrison Ford wanted nothing to do with Star Wars, I'm afraid.

He didn't want a heroic death because its his last movie. He wanted his phone to never ring again.

He charged them a lions share to do TFA. Most of the budget went to his pocket.

So much for "Its not about money" lol.

• 1Garbage

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I would have liked more fucking adventure and fun in these movies. These movies aren't fun. Which is likely why little kids don't give a fuck about them.

The sense of wonderment is nowhere to be found.

A New Hope defined wonderment in the genre on the silver screen.

An entire universe was created based on ONE 15 to 30 second scene-- Jar Jar Abrams hasn't been able to create a Star Wars universe in over 2 hours.

Where's the talent?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
he also didnt like being Han Solo because he hated speaking Lucas's dialogue. his Indy roles were all spielberg crew.

Little off on this one. He didn't like it because he didn't find the character challenging or interesting. He just didn't like Han Solo period.

You can read it straight from his mouth. He's on record years and years ago.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Little off on this one. He didn't like it because he didn't find the character challenging or interesting. He just didn't like Han Solo period.

You can read it straight from his mouth. He's on record years and years ago.
the Ford quote i remember.

“George usually sits near a monitor, far removed, so I had to convey my impression…or my feelings…about the dialogue across a great space," the actor recalled. "So I did shout it. ‘George! You can type this sh*t, but you sure can't say it! Move your mouth when you're typing!’ But it was a joke, at the time. A stress-relieving joke.”

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the Ford quote i remember.

“George usually sits near a monitor, far removed, so I had to convey my impression…or my feelings…about the dialogue across a great space," the actor recalled. "So I did shout it. ‘George! You can type this sh*t, but you sure can't say it! Move your mouth when you're typing!’ But it was a joke, at the time. A stress-relieving joke.”

Sure but that's just a moment during production.

Ford has a big problem with the Han Solo character that has fuckall to do with dialogue.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sure but that's just a moment during production.

Ford has a big problem with the Han Solo character that has fuckall to do with dialogue.
Never heard he hated the character, just he didnt feel it was organic for him to survive empire strikes back. He felt he should have died instead of getting freeze dried. Lucas knew best, we would never have gotten to see jabba or his palace.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Never heard he hated the character, just he didnt feel it was organic for him to survive empire strikes back. He felt he should have died instead of getting freeze dried. Lucas knew best, we would never have gotten to see jabba or his palace.

The source is on these forums somewhere, about 2 years back or so. He's questioned what is so interesting about Han Solo.

It's definitely been covered. That's why he took so much money on TFA and has shunned the fandom his entire life.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Let's go back in on it and first establish the record-breaking pay.

1573383368724.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natali...-15-million-thanks-to-star-wars/#2ad04da544b1

They still couldn't pay him enough to promote the Solo movie-- as he had no positive word or comment on it at an official PAID appearance. This was a part of Ford's negotiated package to reprise his role in TFA and his involvement included press obligations.

These obligations did not include "Solo" promotion.

As seen here, Harrison Ford abstains from promotion of the movie.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Re: Ford

Iirc he hated Han because he couldn't ever escape it. No matter what role he took, he was always a janky nerf herder from that corny sci fi movie. He wasn't Jack Ryan, or Indiana Jones, he was hanging solo

• 1Seriously?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the biggest problem with solo was the writer and director's need to put in EVERY blatant easter egg they could. it really came across like every meaningful (or otherwise) event that happened to han prior to a new hope happened during the time frame of solo.

Ever wonder where he got the falcon from? watch solo! ever wonder how he became a soldier? watch solo! ever wonder how he met chewie? watch solo! ever wonder where he got his name from? watch solo! ever wonder where he got his blaster from? watch solo! ever wonder where lando got the guard outfit that he used to save han from jabba? watch solo!

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Re: Ford

Iirc he hated Han because he couldn't ever escape it. No matter what role he took, he was always a janky nerf herder from that corny sci fi movie. He wasn't Jack Ryan, or Indiana Jones, he was hanging solo
if thats what j00t meant by hating the charatcer, then thats not really hating the character, its him getting pissy about being typecasted by fans. cry me a fucking river there. shatner will always be kirk, nimoy will always be spock, hamill will always be Luke. Fisher, (not Fischer, Iannis) will always be Leia. those people didnt hate their roles, though im sure they all got annoyed at only being remembered for them. I'm sure Hugh Jackman is crying right now for only being known as wolverine. crying right to the bank .

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Q4 earnings call was a disaster as well, with regard to Star Wars. Iger was very defensive on the phonecall.

Mark Hamill is saying its a no-go, and not to see it.

1573429314077.png

• 13Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 13 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Premiered an hour ago.

Includes inside information from Doomcock's sources. He also addresses why he reports information from Doomcock-- for the skeptics here on FOH.

Right now as it stands, 3 separate cuts of the movie exist.

Details of the 3 existing cuts of Rise of Skywalker are included in this video.

One cut has been selected as of this date, but Iger and Disney are pissed about it. JJ is also unhappy as is Kathleen.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it going to come to cable? Netflix stuff doesn't. So will Disney+ be both on streaming + cable?