Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Video goes over recent Rolling Stone coverage and Kathleen Kennedy's interview-- confirming re-shoot rumors and use of test audiences.

Other tidbits:

-Kathleen backs TLJ creative decisions.

-Stands behind Rian's vision as of November 20th 2019.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Video goes over recent Rolling Stone coverage and Kathleen Kennedy's interview-- confirming re-shoot rumors and use of test audiences.

Other tidbits:

-Kathleen backs TLJ creative decisions.

-Stands behind Rian's vision as of November 20th 2019.

It is still incredible to me that they gave control of the most iconic sci-fi franchise in history to someone who could not have given less of a shit about it. It literally was a tens of billions of dollar mistake. Possibly hundreds of billions. How can they not see that? Star Wars nerds of our ages have a shitload of money to burn and were more than happy to force it down the throats of our children starting the whole cycle again. It is just an awe inspiring amount of hubris.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kathleen must have sucked a lot of dick to get where she is.
Temple of Doom
9m4v642bbiz11.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
She is also executive producer on another sequel to a movie from our younger years that I question the need for it’s existence;

• 2Barf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is Jessica Rabbit going to be played by a 7'2'' Drag Queen named Frank?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Does Kathleen Turner still have that sexy deep voice?

If they have to recast Jessica Rabbit I'm out!

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Trevorrow confirms writing credits for Episode 9.

Part of the original EP.9 plot was retained. The Emperor was also confirmed by Trevorrow to be a JJ Abrams idea.

Most of the movie is all JJ, but the script was not entirely written by JJ-- with Trevorrow and his co-writer Derek both receiving writing credits for the film..

Trevorrow said he is grateful for JJ keeping them both on the movie in some form.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Specifically, in the first episode, there's one female character wearing a mask who speaks, and two female characters total, along with a few women spotted as extras in the background of shots. More female characters are expected to play larger roles in future episodes.

"Even if you want to give the show the benefit of the doubt and say there's some big, wild justification that's going to come around in episode 7, it feels wrong that the vast majority of this world is populated by men or male-identified characters," Sarkeesian said.

Didn't want to post this in the Mando thread since there is actual live discussion of current media there. But essentially "I dislike this because there are too many men" is valid criticism that national publications will print. Just want everyone to try to imagine the reaction of a man said this about a medium in reverse..."I don't like this because there are too many women". The calls of misogyny would be overwhelming. In fact, you can point to recent cases of just that, like with GhostBusters or Oceans Midol. Not in reverse though.

I think earlier in the thread there was a discussion about not liking a show simply for having X gender too much. And I agree, that's a silly metric to dislike something on. Unfortunately, the other side of this debate will use that metric, and unlike some forum shitposters who might reach a few dozen people; they will be published in major media and reach hundreds of thousands. On the other side of this debate, this lunacy isn't seen as lunacy, its normal.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it is interesting how slowly our freedoms are being whittled away. This violates freedom of expression. if people want to make a movie about only white men, then they should have the right to. Capitalism tends to iron out the issue in the long run but somebody will always cry about how a FANTASY movie effects them. There are plenty of good shows that show strong woman but that does not mean they HAVE to.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I said it in the Mando thread but i'll reiterate since the current episode highlights the point. The series focuses on criminals and killers who hunt them down, even if you "acquiesce" to the rabble demanding a stronger female presence you will immediately be get more complaining about how they are portrayed as shady, deadbeat criminals or how they are getting offed left and right. Now this is Disney, so you know you'll never have twilek slaves dancing for her pervy worm owner again even without the rabble breathing down their neck, but even in the absence of any negatives they will never be happy.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I said it in the Mando thread but i'll reiterate since the current episode highlights the point. The series focuses on criminals and killers who hunt them down, even if you "acquiesce" to the rabble demanding a stronger female presence you will immediately be get more complaining about how they are portrayed as shady, deadbeat criminals or how they are getting offed left and right. Now this is Disney, so you know you'll never have twilek slaves dancing for her pervy worm owner again even without the rabble breathing down their neck, but even in the absence of any negatives they will never be happy.

which is exactly why you don't apologize about stuff like that.

never negotiate with terrorists.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my tinfoil hat has been tingling, perhaps baby yoda is being set up to play a part in the Palpatine final fight in RoS.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is still incredible to me that they gave control of the most iconic sci-fi franchise in history to someone who could not have given less of a shit about it. It literally was a tens of billions of dollar mistake. Possibly hundreds of billions. How can they not see that? Star Wars nerds of our ages have a shitload of money to burn and were more than happy to force it down the throats of our children starting the whole cycle again. It is just an awe inspiring amount of hubris.
The proof is in the work and Jon Favreau appears to be up to the challenge. Imagine if the franchise had been given to a person like him (actual fan, with talent), instead of the Kennedy who is more interested in using it as social commentary.

It may be jumping the gun, but Favreau + George Lucas at his right hand look like quite the team right now.

• 1Like