Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'd rather see Michael Bay's take on Star Wars. What else is JJ going to ruin? Holy fuck the more I think about the scene the worse it gets.

What's next, he gonna make a movie where someone can just transport directly from Earth to Qo'noS?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
did nobody at Disney, ask why people who arrived on the planet via space ship, get in a car chase , wonder why the bad guys have flight tech?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The cut of Rise of Skywalker is locked in. The George Lucas cut has been largely discarded, although a few details of the final showdown were retained from Lucas's version.

They went with the original JJ Abrams cut that has the Milennium Falcon destroyed with Leia, Chewie, Lando, and C3PO, and R2D2 inside of it.

According to the latest rumor, which cannot be independently verified by any studio source, it therefore falls under baseless speculation.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Does she not have a lightsaber to block the laser blasts back at them? I thought jedi don't use blasters.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Does she not have a lightsaber to block the laser blasts back at them? I thought jedi don't use blasters.

There is nothing against Jedi using blasters. Most just don't think they need to.
did nobody at Disney, ask why people who arrived on the planet via space ship, get in a car chase , wonder why the bad guys have flight tech?

To be somewhat fair. I don't think there have been Jet Pack troopers seen in Episodes 4-8. The Republic troopers had them in 1-3. The only person shown to have a Jet Pack was Boba and well the Mandalorians now. Even Finn, as an ex Stormtrooper, is surprised.

• 1Seriously?

Fadaar

That guy
There is nothing against Jedi using blasters. Most just don't think they need to.

To be somewhat fair. I don't think there have been Jet Pack troopers seen in Episodes 4-8. The Republic troopers had them in 1-3. The only person shown to have a Jet Pack was Boba and well the Mandalorians now. Even Finn, as an ex Stormtrooper, is surprised.

Didn't Kenobi use a blaster to kill Grievous? I mean, if he does it then it must be kosher.

• 1Rimshot

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

its known tech, it shouldnt surprise anyone in this galaxy. its supposed to be a surprise to us the audience, but its not because we just saw rando mandos doing the same thing the other day in ep3 of The Mandolorian. their reactions were beyond stupid. plus them having a high speed car chase when they have land speeders and those jet bikes compounds that. like why the fuck would a tech company build a wheeled vehicle in this age and also why would anyone use one on loose sand? (excluding R2 type units which were built for floors)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Holy fuck this is a trainwreck. JJ is the fucking worst. Fuck everything.
giphy.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its known tech, it shouldnt surprise anyone in this galaxy. its supposed to be a surprise to us the audience, but its not because we just saw rando mandos doing the same thing the other day in ep3 of The Mandolorian. their reactions were beyond stupid. plus them having a high speed car chase when they have land speeders and those jet bikes compounds that. like why the fuck would a tech company build a wheeled vehicle in this age and also why would anyone use one on loose sand?

I'm not trying to defend the overall scene, the shitty dialogue, or the stupid way the sandmobiles launched them. I am just ok with the surprise of "wtf they have jet packs" thing because they have never ran up against troopers with packs. Just because it's a known tech doesn't mean they can't be caught off guard.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I'm not trying to defend the overall scene, the shitty dialogue, or the stupid way the sandmobiles launched them. I am just ok with the surprise of "wtf they have jet packs" thing because they have never ran up against troopers with packs. Just because it's a known tech doesn't mean they can't be caught off guard.
I am very critical of Star Wars especially since VIII, but Chuk is on a whole other level, he is Edgelord critical. And frankly it is almost as exhausting to read his shit as it is to listen to Kathleen talk. Save your breath full of reason and logic, because it is falling of deaf ears.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The Jumptroopers have been in the star wars games for like 25 years now, the latest battlefront games have them. Finn was also a former stormtrooper, so it's a little hard to take in that he doesn't know about them, they're not new troops, they've would have been around for 30+ years already before he left. But hey considering Kathleen doesn't have any source materials at all, so everything they did for these last 3 movies are entirely brand new stuff! I guess we can give it a pass.

Should also be asking why they riding around on the alliance chopper mount when they have speeders for centuries now.

nuzuuajn8mzqbowpqhjx.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just watched the scene again, it starts they're speeding over a bunch of rocks and shit lol. Those trooper bikes with treads are so fucking JJ dumb. Everything in that trailer is what is wrong with the current Star Wars movies and yet somehow the Mandalorian has been great.

Imagine thinking people would enjoy this clip.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just watched the scene again, it starts they're speeding over a bunch of rocks and shit lol. Those trooper bikes with treads are so fucking JJ dumb. Everything in that trailer is what is wrong with the current Star Wars movies and yet somehow the Mandalorian has been great.

Imagine thinking people would enjoy this clip.

Someone in production had gone sandmobiling or they saw it on Youtube.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Apparently a cast member left the script in a hotel room under a pillow. The cleaning crew found it and promptly put it up on eBay. Oh and they finished shooting last night
If you scroll down after that article there is another article...

Jay Roach vs Todd Phillips on Whether ‘Woke Culture’ Is Killing Comedy Movies

It is off subject from Star Wars, but it speaks to woke SJW Bullshit. Here is a quote...

When I asked Phillips why some of my favorite comedy directors — including Roach and Adam McKay (“Anchorman,” “The Big Short”) — are turning to more serious-minded material, he told me, somewhat aggressively: “Do you want me to tell you why it is? Comedy is based in truth. Truth has become offensive. You get crippled trying to do comedy if truth is offensive…. I can think of 10 jokes from the nine studio comedies I’ve made that would cause an issue on Twitter nowadays.”

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity