Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Jive Turkey

Karen
Would've liked to see either Snoke brought back or a new, cool miniboss, but on a conceptual level, I don't hate having Palpatine back to be a meddling thread running through all 3 trilogies

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Urgh- the first scene was trash... hope it gets left on the cutting room floor like half the (good) stuff from the rouge 1 trailer.

Deathstar bros...and palpy hahaha just wring that wet sock till all the money drops are out.

only way to "help" some is if snoke was a palpy force ghost puppet

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Urgh- the first scene was trash... hope it gets left on the cutting room floor like half the (good) stuff from the rouge 1 trailer.

Deathstar bros...and palpy hahaha just wring that wet sock till all the money drops are out.

only way to "help" some is if snoke was a palpy force ghost puppet

Or a fucked up force clone.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Am i nuts or is that part of the Death Star crashed in the water at the end?

Definitely looks like part of the Death Star II. I'm guessing II because it's immediately linked to Palpatine's ominous cackle in the trailer and that's probably symbolic since that's where he seemingly died in ROTJ.

I thought that was a good trailer, the first scene is a little awkward because I expected Rey to run TOWARDS the TIE but instead she runs away from it in a funny fashion, but the sommersault at least looked cool. The rest looks interesting but it's hard to judge based on such a small sample. Seeing Old Lando was cute.

I'll see it anyway to make my own opinion when it comes out, but this gives me unexpected (measured) hope. Shame JJ didn't helm the entire trilogy from the beginning.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How the fuck did the chunk of Death Star touch down gently enough to not be destroyed and also not destroy everything within like a thousand kilometers?

Also LO fucking L at Mary Sue's flipping out so hard that Newton's laws and aerodynamics don't apply to her any more.

This movie is going to be so dumb.

• 6Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How the fuck did the chunk of Death Star touch down gently enough to not be destroyed and also not destroy everything within like a thousand kilometers?

lol you think JJ Abrams has time for physics?

• 1Worf

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

Also LO fucking L at Mary Sue's flipping out so hard that Newton's laws and aerodynamics don't apply to her any more.

Man, you sound like fun times at the movies. :D

• 7Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm kind of in that boat too. They can fix this if they're willing. Now that they have teased Palp, you have a lot of room. I hope it comes down Rey vs Kylo and Palp and Luke have the first force ghost battle. Maybe they're on this force plane of "unlimited power" and we see some unbelievable battle beyond comprehension.

JJ needs to retcon the crap out of the last movie and try to end on a note that Disney+ or future trilogies can keep the fans happy.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, you sound like fun times at the movies. :D

I enjoy movies that aren't made by mentally retarded people for mentally retarded people. If you think that makes me a snob then I have some bad news for you little buddy. :D

• 5Like
  • 1Worf

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't super sold on the trailer (that intro was way too slow, just to mirror TFA's first trailer), but Dark Side Force Ghosts are legitimately interesting. Thrawn + theoretically unlimited reconnaissance (via Ghost Palpy) is a powerful combo.

I'm not sure how I would enjoy Rey vs. Kylo in the real world mirrored with some sort of anime ghost Luke vs. Palpatine in the force world combo fight. Probably depends on implementation.

But that title worries me. The only actual Skywalker is Kylo (well, once Leia dies off). They wouldn't really Luuke things and have Rey literally have no parents by being Luke's X chromosome only clone, would they? We had that in Logan just a few years ago.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I enjoy movies that aren't made by mentally retarded people for mentally retarded people. If you think that makes me a snob then I have some bad news for you little buddy. :D

This sounds even funnier when I picture you as your avatar saying that. In any case, I'm not going to even attempt to defend anything about Star Wars on these forums, but I hope you'll have fun times when you go see it anyway. ;)

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
JJ has completely run out of ideas. This looks like dog shit that they just phoned in so they could end this crap trilogy and then move on.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
the back flip was all sorts of retarded. palpatine coming back in some fashions somewhat interesting but unless they ret con the entirety of luke in tlj i won't waste my money.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No way JJ looked at beginning this trilogy and imagined this is where he would end up... Trailer felt like a "Let's wrap this shit up". That being said, it's gotta be better than the pile of shit that was The Last Jedi.

Gives me hope they retconned the shit out of how they handled Luke.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Was that supposed to be palpatine laughing at the end?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No way JJ looked at beginning this trilogy and imagined this is where he would end up... Trailer felt like a "Let's wrap this shit up". That being said, it's gotta be better than the pile of shit that was The Last Jedi.

Gives me hope they retconned the shit out of how they handled Luke.
oh come on man, setting the bar so low as to say "at least its better than The last Jedi" is not a good excuse to see this film. Jar Jar Binks scenes in the prequels are better than The Last Jedi. the only thing about this trailer i loved was that Red Letter Media is going to have an outstanding plinkett review when it comes out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Looks good. Seems like they keep nailing it as long as it isn't a prequel. Was afraid the trilogy would catch the Solo/Rogue One shit-virus, but this looks fun.

• 2Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Seriously?