Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Chris

Potato del Grande
There's no way they can fix this is there?

If they wanted to play it safe then you build Snoke into a big bad.

If they wanted to be innovative then you have Rey and Kylo team up.

What they did is finish the story with one of the bad guys winning.

Can they really start a new story and end it in the same movie?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And all the SJWs will start calling themselves Skywalkers. It's gonna be great.
Doubt it.

The franchise is controversial enough to where it can't be spoken about in public.

They went for Marvel appeal, but missed all of its acceptance.

Crimson

Peasant
I wonder if Disney is even still going along with the 'next' trilogy. They've literally milked nostalgia as hard as possible the last 5 years and that tit is already running dry. I'd argue they've already squeezed out the last drop with including Lando (a textbook example of "GET ANYONE LEFT") and then the Emperor laugh. It's comical desperation now.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
There's no way they can fix this is there?

If they wanted to play it safe then you build Snoke into a big bad.

If they wanted to be innovative then you have Rey and Kylo team up.

What they did is finish the story with one of the bad guys winning.

Can they really start a new story and end it in the same movie?

They can’t fix it for me, they shit right on me as a fan. Not just with the absolutely horrific writing but also with how they responded to the criticism, they blamed the fans. They hate the fans, they hate Star Wars. I am not saying they want to destroy it, they are destroying it though, it’s that they wanted to destroy the fan base and re make the franchise in their own ideological perspective of what it should be.

No, they can’t fix this. Not for me, maybe in a decade or two.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Clone Wars and Rebels proves that storytelling is very much alive and well in Lucasfilm... The Mandalorian looks great and even Resistance, while on a very slow burn, is starting to come around as a pretty in-depth piece with a lot of great characterization.

Get Dave Filoni to take over the head chair and then do something like bring the Russo bros in and let them go crazy.

iannis

Musty Nester
So they're gonna make a whole movie out of the last scene in TLJ?

At this point? Yes. Yes, I think that's exactly what they're going to do. They've beaten this horse too long. They can't fix star wars. They can't even begin to fix star wars.

I think the last movie I watched that was actually interesting was Ex Machina. And that's been a hot minute.

I can understand wanting to make your movie spectacle. You've got a giant screen and a national release and googagigahurtz of processing power that you can use for CGI. That's fine with me, there's a place for that. If people want prolonged, intricate, nuanced stories you need to look in the 1hour semiserial formats, not the 90-120 minute movie format. That's fine. But god damn, they've managed to make SPECTACLE boring. That takes some doing.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
"Rise of Skywalker" is gonna refer to Luke's legacy being known throughout the galaxy as a beacon for hope & resistance, etc.
And what legacy is that? That the previously most optimistic dude in the universe who could see the good even in a monster like Vader had a bad feeling about his nephew acting bratty and instead of trying to mentor him to the good side let him join a resurgent empire. An empire he did a piss poor job of eradicating after ROTJ. And instead of trying to correct either of these problems he decided to run and hide and drink sea cow milk. That legacy?

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And what legacy is that? That the previously most optimistic dude in the universe who could see the good even in a monster like Vader had a bad feeling about his nephew acting bratty and instead of trying to mentor him to the good side let him join a resurgent empire. An empire he did a piss poor job of eradicating after ROTJ. And instead of trying to correct either of these problems he decided to run and hide and drink sea cow milk. That legacy?
yes, that legacy, but they probably will highlight the Deathstar 1.0 WTFPWN, Vader conversion and Darth Emo fakeout a bit more.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
And also the legacy of Luke: Instead of guiding / helping his problem nephew . . . nah Fuck that, I'll sneak in there and kill the kid while he's sleeping.

Good work there Rian.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Updated Disney schedule has Avatars and then a single Star Wars trilogy alternating Christmases starting in 2021 (first Star Wars would be 2022).

Give that Johnson has said he won't even start until Knives Out is done, that makes it virtually certain the trilogy is the GOT guys' KOTOR movies. We'll see if Johnson's trilogy ever happens.

spronk

FPS noob
one can only hope the continuous "wtf is this shit" fan reaction from Game of Thrones season 8 leads to also that cancellation

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
All Star Wars movies have and always will be hot garbage. Even those turds L UK cases shat out decades ago

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
one can only hope the continuous "wtf is this shit" fan reaction from Game of Thrones season 8 leads to also that cancellation

They can still be show-runners movie-runners producers, whatever-- they'll just have to swallow their pride and hire some writers.

Presently, the only writer that D&D are working with for the new trilogy is Rian Johnson (Yes, he was the sole writer of TLJ and has other writing credits).

What you'll have is a trilogy developed by D&D, and co-written by Rian Johnson.

No, its not a joke. Its already confirmed they are working together. Is that subject to change? Sure, over the next year that can change. But right now, its a collaborative effort, with what I would guess is a heavy leaning on Rian Johnson-- being he's the guy with the writing chops. Rian also knows the in's and out's of Lucas Film.

What the rejection of GoT Season 8 will do? It will cause D&D to lose confidence in their own screenplays and instead Rian Johnson is going to be tapped to write their script for the big screen.

Say what you will, Rian can still direct movies. Rian Johnson can even write screenplays. But he can't write the actual script, and maybe that's where D&D will hopefully hire some people to fill in the blanks.

I'm not excited about Rian possibly handling some of the writing duties for D&D's trilogy, but if he learned his lesson with TLJ, well...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Star Wars movie produced while on location-- running around, eating breakfast, and waking up and shooting more an editing the same scenes they shot that day before they needed to shoot the next day.

Unprecedented for a AAA big budget production.

Movie confirmed "literally thrown together".

Head chopped off production.

"I was on the set the entire time, and [director J.J. Abrams] got so used to it that he was like, 'You need to be less than 10 feet away from me at all times'—so if the camera would move 10 feet, I would move 10 feet," she said.

Confirmed movie scenes were being placed as they ran nilly willy from set to set.

"I watched what they were shooting, I was cutting what they were shooting the day before."

• 3Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Star Wars movie produced while on location-- running around, eating breakfast, and waking up and shooting more an editing the same scenes they shot that day before they needed to shoot the next day.

Unprecedented for a AAA big budget production.

Movie confirmed "literally thrown together".

Head chopped off production.

View attachment 211893

Confirmed movie scenes were being placed as they ran nilly willy from set to set.

The two year release schedule is surely a contributing factor to the mess they've made.

Previous six were all every 3 years

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I got lucky and couldn't watch TLJ until I had heard enough to skip it. I'm not putting another dime into this franchise. Hollywood is bereft of talent or at least it looks that way. Like Iannis said earlier, it almost takes talent to ruin spectacle.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im looking forward to this being the first star wars movie I never see in theaters

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users