Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Chris

Potato del Grande
We will see how many sales Star Wars fans drive vs normies.

I went to see TLJ with my family for example since we always saw a big movie for my birthday, that was something like +3 tickets.

That isn't happening for this movie, they won't go see it on their own. So me not going is multiple sales lost.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think it's telling that people were taking these possible character deaths as being hateful towards the characters. there are PLENTY of stories where heroes die and it's considered a great ending for that character. in the last samurai, when all the samurai die at the end (SPOILERS OMG) it's sad, but it's also a perfect ending for them. in 300, when they all die it's badass. when william wallace dies in braveheart it's an extremely powerful moment that galvanizes scotland. but in RoS when some 70+ year old characters die, the way it seems to be portrayed is that the filmmakers hate the characters.

i've gone from completely disinterested, to frustrated, to angry, and now i'm really excited to see how terrible this actually turns out to be. no such thing as bad publicity

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
i think it's telling that people were taking these possible character deaths as being hateful towards the characters. there are PLENTY of stories where heroes die and it's considered a great ending for that character. in the last samurai, when all the samurai die at the end (SPOILERS OMG) it's sad, but it's also a perfect ending for them. in 300, when they all die it's badass. when william wallace dies in braveheart it's an extremely powerful moment that galvanizes scotland. but in RoS when some 70+ year old characters die, the way it seems to be portrayed is that the filmmakers hate the characters.

i've gone from completely disinterested, to frustrated, to angry, and now i'm really excited to see how terrible this actually turns out to be. no such thing as bad publicity
I think the way the death of heroes are portrayed can make or break a movie. The death has to make sense. Like when Han dies you're like ok I get it but fuck man the way it was portrayed on screen was lame as fuck. Same with Luke.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the way the death of heroes are portrayed can make or break a movie. The death has to make sense. Like when Han dies you're like ok I get it but fuck man the way it was portrayed on screen was lame as fuck. Same with Luke.
the worst part, they are killing everyone off from the OT non organically. maybe to screw lucas over out of residuals or because they wants all young people to be jedis or whatevs, its just done some crappily its rubbing people raw. and kids still dont give a fuck about this IP.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought Han's death was useful. To that point, Kylo was bad because he had an attitude. Killing his own father setup a true villain-story and possible redemption-story.

Luke's death was the most worthless and pointless wastes of an iconic character I have ever seen. Fuck Rian and his shitty name.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
so you have no real reason against rumor discussion other than it upsets you. duly noted.
Billede 2019-11-22_00-11-03-687222.png

Stop misrepresenting what I said, you twat. You posted spoiler pics - actual photograpy from the movie before. Now you post rumor vids bordering on / has spoilers in it. Spoiler that shit.This has the word spoiler in it - spoiler that shit. Get it? Thanks.

13AA9889-80C7-40B0-BD31-046CCE019492-6339-000004F9B59A0EA6.jpg
Stop shitting up this thread.

• 3Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hey Gavinmad Gavinmad how much does this chafe your ass?
Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow was slated to write and direct Episode IX before you brought J.J. Abrams back in. Is this final entry in the trilogy a particularly hard nut to crack?
Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be.

• 4Rustled
  • 1WTF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 232463
Stop misrepresenting what I said, you twat. You posted spoiler pics - actual photograpy from the movie before. Now you post rumor vids bordering on / has spoilers in it. Spoiler that shit.This has the word spoiler in it - spoiler that shit. Get it? Thanks.

Stop shitting up this thread.
when they are confirmed spoilers i will address them as such, there is nothing forcing you to click a video that says RUMOR on it.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
when they are confirmed spoilers i will address them as such, there is nothing forcing you to click a video that says RUMOR on it.
Stop shitting up the thread. Be a gentleman. That's all I ask. Comon now, Astr0.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Why would you be reading this thread, after the leaks have started, if you are concerned about being spoiled?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
hey Gavinmad Gavinmad how much does this chafe your ass?
Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow was slated to write and direct Episode IX before you brought J.J. Abrams back in. Is this final entry in the trilogy a particularly hard nut to crack?
Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be.

Yeah already been ranting about it elsewhere. Funny thing is I've barely read any EU because so much of it is just absolute trash.
The Emperor is called Sheev now?

They revealed his first name in the 2014 book Tarkin.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Wtf Luke is dead?

Spoiler that shit guys

Think of the children

• 2Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Izo will be really upset when he finds out this movie is also rumored to be released in Japan a week before the US. probably be a stream for it too.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sheev Palpatine is his full name. It's not information readily available by just watching the movies but it's also not something new.

I'm trying to remember when I first saw that, because the internet said 2014 but I swear it's older than that.