Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Jive Turkey

Karen
i swear these people reboot and "update" these beloved franchises just to ruin them. then they call you names for hating what they done. when they are done ruing it they move on to another franchise to destroy. it sure doesnt feel like these people understand or even liked Star Wars.

Disney's biggest money maker is the Disney Princess theme. They bought into the "gender is a social construct" horseshit and thought they would just convert Star Wars into the same lucrative fold and little girls would eat it up and the cash would roll in like it does with Frozen. Except most little girls aren't in to Star Wars.
Maybe they should try some Disney Princes next and see how far that experiement goes. But we know there's no way in hell they'd shoehorn male themes into an obviously female universe.
Of course they could also just accept that boys and girls inherently like different shit. If they want to keep making money they'll have to learn sooner or later

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, torrenting is illegal and if you plan on keeping that copy for yourself. then buy the fucking thing. if you just wanna see what shit is all about then just stream it and forget about it. its not even illegal.
torrenting isn't illegal, it's a goofy technicality that keeps it up and running. DOWNLOADING something isn't what's illegal, it's sharing it.

now... we can argue that basically any torrent site worth it's salt is going to require you to have uploaded SOMETHING in return... but you can get away with it with certain tricks... temporarily at least...

anyway, i'm definitely going to see this... i'm definitely NOT going to see it in theatres... i've really lost complete interest other than the schadenfreude of it all... so unless the internet comes together and unanimously declares it the second coming of christ, i have no idea when i'll actually get around to watching it

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Disney's biggest money maker is the Disney Princess theme. They bought into the "gender is a social construct" horseshit and thought they would just convert Star Wars into the same lucrative fold and little girls would eat it up and the cash would roll in like it does with Frozen. Except most little girls aren't in to Star Wars.
Maybe they should try some Disney Princes next and see how far that experiement goes. But we know there's no way in hell they'd shoehorn male themes into an obviously female universe.
Of course they could also just accept that boys and girls inherently like different shit. If they want to keep making money they'll have to learn sooner or later

They bought marvel and star wars to capture more of the male market, not to try and convert it for the little girl demographic Disney already dominates.

It was just good old fashioned incompetence that ruined it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

They bought marvel and star wars to capture more of the male market, not to try and convert it for the little girl demographic Disney already dominates.

That is WHY they bought it.

It is NOT what they are DOING with it.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Though the characters Finn and Poe will not be lovers, Abrams said the representation will still be apparent.

No surprise.

Anyone who's followed TFA to TLJ knows that Kennedy originally veto'd an onscreen relationship between Finn and Poe, although she acknowledged that they are gay lovers prior to TLJ release during a Q+A, she said she felt Star Wars wasn't quite ready for LGBTQ characters.

JJ finally got the greenlight and he's going to do it now.

The scene in question was a kiss between Poe and Finn. It was "tested" via leaking rumors of it, Kennedy eventually acknowledged the characters as gay but said the story had to be cut essentially.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man, so I got the disney thing from verizon and a few weeks back I rewatched all the SW from the beginning to end and I gotta say they were all shit now looking back. I guess int he 80s they were special becuse of the special effects which were fucking awesome for the time (and because I was a kid), but other than that, all those movies sucked from a pure story/movie perspective.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No surprise.

Anyone who's followed TFA to TLJ knows that Kennedy originally veto'd an onscreen relationship between Finn and Poe, although she acknowledged that they are gay lovers prior to TLJ release during a Q+A, she said she felt Star Wars wasn't quite ready for LGBTQ characters.

JJ finally got the greenlight and he's going to do it now.

The scene in question was a kiss between Poe and Finn. It was "tested" via leaking rumors of it, Kennedy eventually acknowledged the characters as gay but said the story had to be cut essentially.

Its all so tiring. Now SW gonna be infested with this shit. Trannys in space?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Kevin Feige isnt the guy who kept Marvel for dudes.
it was a shitlord named Ike Permutter
Notoriously known to be a private person, Perlmutter became the chairman of Marvel in 2001 and then the chief executive officer of Marvel Comics in 2005. He maintained his position at the company even after Disney's acquisition in 2009. He, however, is no longer involved with Marvel Studios. Co-presidents Feige and Louis D'Esposito have been overseeing the entirety of the franchise starting in 2015, with the pair reporting directly to Walt Disney Chairman Alan Horn instead of Perlmutter. Several reports offer fans some insight on what led to this separation over the years, now Iger is sharing his story on what really went down.
In his new book The Ride of a Lifetime, Iger reveals that he himself had some disagreements with an unnamed Marvel executive in New York who was skeptical of Black Panther and Captain Marvel's box office potential during the development of Captain America: Civil War. Feige was on the same side as Iger, and was so frustrated about the situation that he almost resigned from his post. Instead of letting him go, to deescalate the tension Iger decided to promote Feige so that he no longer needed to answer to Perlmutter and the New York-based Marvel committee.
trump_perlmutter-gettyx750.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, so I got the disney thing from verizon and a few weeks back I rewatched all the SW from the beginning to end and I gotta say they were all shit now looking back. I guess int he 80s they were special becuse of the special effects which were fucking awesome for the time (and because I was a kid), but other than that, all those movies sucked from a pure story/movie perspective.

Or we have all become jaded fucks in our old age?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sensory overload now too Im guessing. Since special effects are no longer special with the advent of the CGI shit. If you look back and see all the models and modelers they had to make those SW movies, must of been a huge monumental task. Not to mention all the stop action animation they did for all the monsters and shit too. Now? You can even bring dead actors back to life, or make young ones look old or old ones look young, and its just not special anymore because were inundated with it.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or we have all become jaded fucks in our old age?
he has a point, sort of. those movies were meant to be simple because they werent aimed at adults. they werent aimed at just kids either. they gave a basic story to appeal to everyone, men, women ,young, old, smart, dumb, rich and poor. the pracitcal effects still hold up after all this time. the matte painting shots and other stuff have flaws, but those can be repaired now. you can be all edgy and say well these movies suck now! yet 40 years later we are still living them. they must have stuck with somebody to last this long.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
he has a point, sort of. those movies were meant to be simple because they werent aimed at adults. they werent aimed at just kids either. they gave a basic story to appeal to everyone, men, women ,young, old, smart, dumb, rich and poor. the pracitcal effects still hold up after all this time. the matte painting shots and other stuff have flaws, but those can be repaired now. you can be all edgy and say well these movies suck now! yet 40 years later we are still living them. they must have stuck with somebody to last this long.

40 years later were talking about them because they were that much of a game changer to sci-fi/action and movies in general. From a technical stand point.

But like I said all that shit is moot now with the CGI/motion capture shit thats being done today.

• 1Garbage

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The sense of wonderment alone makes the OT classics. Not too many other franchises can build a Universe.

Gotta disagree with mkopec's edgy assessment that the OT are trash movies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've got several very good female friends and this conversation has come up before. The consensus is that cool and normal chicks love being an object of desire but not just an object of desire and if you tell them you whacked to them, they usually respond with, that's awesome, I like that.

The stick in the muds and whackjobs feign indignation but also probably want nothing more than to be an object of desire and secretly want to be pee'd on and choked. If you tell them you whacked to them, they usually report you to HR for the victim points and weep in front of their sisters, then go home and stick a 12 inch black dildo in their ass.
I dunno. I've masturbated to several of my female friends and every single one moved out of the way before I could finish.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I would not call the originals trash. Trash would not leave as huge of an imprint on my, and most here, imaginations as SW has. However, I too have a hard time rewatching these movies. Every time I have tried to, I never made it all the way through.

• 2Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I would not call the originals trash. Trash would not leave as huge of an imprint on my, and most here, imaginations as SW has. However, I too have a hard time rewatching these movies. Every time I have tried to, I never made it all the way through.
the special editions have had a hand in that, every frame has some dumb new shit walking into the screen. its disgusting.

• 2Like