Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, that's absolutely a thing. if you're going to a concert and you're wearing a shirt for the band you are going to see, the only valid response is "no... don't be that guy."

there are very specific exceptions... an old shirt from a previous tour that's all tore up and ratty is acceptable.

edit: yes, also being the dancing queen always supercedes any other pre-existing rule

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Same rule applies to sporting events right? Never wear your own team's jersey to a game.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Keep moving those Goal Posts Chuk.
i havent moved anything.
look at this pic
troeplach-austria-01st-apr-2016-metal-fans-cheer-during-a-concert-FW8F4M.jpg

everyone there is wearing a different band T shirt. those are all DUDES. the real deal
i only included the ripped up shirt thing because i had a friend who wore the same Ozzy shirt to everything, fuck, he even wore it to work, more than once a week. it was a disgusting shirt. all ripped up and nasty. you could barely tell what band it was because it was so faded. so when we went to see Ozzy, nobody said shit because it looked like he'd been wearing that shirt forever.

• 2Picard

j00t

Same rule applies to sporting events right? Never wear your own team's jersey to a game.
i don't really do sports but i BELIEVE you can wear your team's jersey IF AND ONLY IF during the game you take the jersey off and have the same jersey painted on your skin

• 3Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
That scene made the entire movie for me. We'd seen Vader in duels where he kicked luke's ass and that's great. No complaints. That cemented him as a GOAT, but we'd never seen him just go ham on normies. Force choking the admiral doesn't really count.

We were always told that he was a super evil guy (and the costume obviously), never given any reason to doubt it, but we never were shown it. Rog1 showed us in a "yeah, that's pretty terrifying" kind of way.

It wasn't strictly necessary, but it was nice to finally see it.
I would pay serious money to see that scene fleshed out into a full length "Vader hunts down Jedi one by one" thriller. Give it the PG-13 rating, or even a hard R, and do it right.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its the opposite. you wear your team colors at the team game or you wear a regular shirt. i live in the NYC/northern NJ area, you can and will get your shit pushed in for wearing a Red Sox or Phillies jersey/cap around here.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
i havent moved anything.
look at this pic
troeplach-austria-01st-apr-2016-metal-fans-cheer-during-a-concert-FW8F4M.jpg

everyone there is wearing a different band T shirt. those are all DUDES. the real deal
i only included the ripped up shirt thing because i had a friend who wore the same Ozzy shirt to everything, fuck, he even wore it to work, more than once a week. it was a disgusting shirt. all ripped up and nasty. you could barely tell what band it was because it was so faded. so when we went to see Ozzy, nobody said shit because it looked like he'd been wearing that shirt forever.
Yeah but are you or are you NOT allowed to request the band plays Freebird regardless of which band you are going to see?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Saw it last night. Theater was 80-90% full so already not a great sign. Overall, the movie wasn't that bad, I did like the conclusion of Rey and Kylo's story arc (all my favorite scenes involved Rey and/or Kylo using their force powers), outside of that though everything seemed rushed, like this should have been given the TV serial treatment like Mandalorian rather than try and squeeze everything into a 2:22 min movie.

Imo, it makes no sense to introduce so many new characters in the final chapter of a story. Poe's old friend/love interest was probably the most interesting, but again, such a short-lived interaction that their relationship couldn't be properly fleshed out. The new black girl/former stormtrooper for Finn was completely unnecessary, you either should have introduced her last movie instead of Rose, or used Rose instead of new black girl in RoS for all the end scenes with Finn. Of course, I understand Riann was the one that gave us the abomination known as Rose and JJ was trying to course correct. Still, the story imo should have focused more on the characters we have invested in through the first two movies. The entire scene at the end with Poe, Finn, and Rey hugging fell flat for me because I was so uninterested in their interpersonal dynamics, which stands in sharp contrast to Han, Luke, and Leia in the first 3 movies where they always remained the focus and I had a lot more vested in them so the payout was greater when the original trilogy ended.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

I think a big part of the hug falling flat is I NEVER felt like they were actually in any danger, ever. Poe gets shot and immediately after he makes a joke and it's NEVER mentioned again.

Interestingly, he has a sling on at the very end of the movie but it's out of frame. I originally thought it was because he somehow got injured in maybe a deleted scene at the end, but I'm pretty sure that it's because he got shot in the arm WAY earlier in the movie and he wasn't able to get medical help until just then.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think the interesting thing about Star Wars was always the Jedi/Sith conflict and that's why the Rey/Kylo material is the best. Grimy bounty hunters/criminals second. Droids a distant third.

So nobody gives a shit about Finn/Poe/Rose, yet that's half the movie.

• 2Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Being the Dancing Queen is gangster as shit.

True story - when I was 12 my family drove to Florida from Nova Scotia (my crazy dad was scared of heights and had horrible claustrophobia so he could not fly). On said trip, we had 5 choices of music - 3 x ABBA, I think 2 of which were their Greatest Hits releases, The Oakridge Boys, and I'll be fucked if I can remember the fifth. But by the time we got home, I knew every popular ABBA song and could probably play them on any instrument, even though I have absolutely zero musical ability. It was the foundation for me becoming the man I am today. No, no, I am NOT flaming gay, but I have horrible taste in music.

Anyway, continue with the movie discussion. The only connection this has to this thread is that it was the TIME of Star Wars, 'cause that was 1982.