Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

The question is did Iger have a problem with it, or did Kennedy? JJ and Lucas did Episode 9 together, wrote the story.

We know from the leaks that Iger had a problem overall with the first movie JJ and Lucas created. He said it was another TLJ and that the characters weren't recognizable enough to audiences and nobody would feel good about the movie. He was partly right to cancel the original JJ and Lucas movie.

The second movie is the 300m in reshoots they spent to create a new movie that erased central characters to the original Episode 9 movie JJ and Lucas created.

1577146941917.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everyone is working to piece that together now for an accurate and complete summary of Episode 9's production and the Star Wars vision for the future in 2021 and beyond.

Answering the question as to who had a problem with what-- that's going to be critical. Critical in determining whether the Feige movie will be any good.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Movie was complete and utter shit - it takes everything the final seasons of GOT did wrong and multiplied them by 100. It was fan service bullshit thrown together in the most inane haphazard way imaginable. The 4chan leaks were laughed off the internet because of how convoluted and retarded they sounded, but the final product was that and somehow even worse. Every single one of these piece of shit movies is demonstrably worse than any of the prequels. Yoda doing somersault gymnastics, Jar Jar Binks, Hayden being the worst actor in Hollywood were all significantly (SIGNIFICANTLY) more compelling than this JJ ABRAMS fuckfest.

Fuck ALL of you enabling FAGGOTS who paid real $ to see this garbage and allowing piece of SHIT studios like Disney to not just survive, but thrive. Instead of saving your money, causing these fucking hacks to maybe do a tiny bit of self reflecting, you fucking idiots paid them to keep it going. I'm sure a handful of you even fucking clapped.

Faggots

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I honestly feel fucking jipped and I torrented a cam version of this piece of garbage. I want my 2.5 hours back

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm not experiencing the same slow growing, simmering rage that I had at Last Jedi with this one. I mean yeah, it kinda sucked and was clearly a cinematic tourniquet on a story bleeding to death. Noting made sense. It was pretty and had great FX, but the plot was total nonsense. Even simple breaks in logic like.... who built all those star detroyers? Where'd the materials come from? How'd Palpatine escape the death star explosion? Why is there a giant stadium of sith cultists?

It's just batshit from start to finish, and inserting Carrie Fisher was a huge mistake. It reminded me of the Sopranos episodes with Livia after she died.

BUT, it didn't actively try to shit on my childhood heroes. So there's that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
The Force Awakens
Solo
Rogue One
The Last Jedi / The Rise of Skywalker
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones / Revenge of the Sith

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
The Force Awakens
Solo
Rogue One
The Last Jedi / The Rise of Skywalker
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones / Revenge of the Sith

Empire > Return > New Hope > Force Awakens >>> Rogue One > Revenge = Rise >> Phantom >> Attack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Last Jedi

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not experiencing the same slow growing, simmering rage that I had at Last Jedi with this one. I mean yeah, it kinda sucked and was clearly a cinematic tourniquet on a story bleeding to death. Noting made sense. It was pretty and had great FX, but the plot was total nonsense. Even simple breaks in logic like.... who built all those star detroyers? Where'd the materials come from? How'd Palpatine escape the death star explosion? Why is there a giant stadium of sith cultists?

It's just batshit from start to finish, and inserting Carrie Fisher was a huge mistake. It reminded me of the Sopranos episodes with Livia after she died.

BUT, it didn't actively try to shit on my childhood heroes. So there's that.

I was watching RLM and the way he took it was that Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine was a clone of the real Palpatine. So he didn’t survive, this is the actual Palpatine who is ancient by now which is why he looks so different.

I actually like that take a little bit more in that, no ridiculous surviving the Death Star explosionin ROTJ, and that while Sidious was a clone, he was still autonomous, just being controlled by his master the “real” Palpatine.

So Darth Vader’s master was the guy that died in ROTJ. That at least does not invalidate his redemption because he did actually kill his master.

Still garbage but not as hot garbage as Palpatine surviving ROTJ and building super fleet in 30 years.

Fadaar

That guy
1 Empire Strikes Back
2 A New Hope
3 Return of the Jedi
4 Rogue One
5 The Force Awakens
6 Revenge of the Sith
7 Solo
8 Rise of Skywalker
9 Phantom Menace
10 Attack of the Clones
11 The Last Jedi

Really 10/11 are interchangeable, I just feel obligated to put TLJ last

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Also, I might have given The Last Jedi a pass if Rian had done 3 different things.

1. Luke Skywalker survives for a showdown in 9.
  2. Finn dies saving everyone.
  3. Film ends on the scene with Kylo extending his hand to Rey, so you don't know how it ends.
So actually yeah, I think it's possible you could remix these 3 movies to have a decent story.

I think you could but you'd have to remake TLJ entirely.

I thought TLJ was ok up to the red room scene. The luke stuff needed to be... better, just better. Bitter, cynical, jaded luke is fine. Luke drink blue milk straight out of a manatee tit goes a little far in the rickety cricket direction. Even watching it the first time that seemed like the obvious place to end that movie. That's a fresh set up for a third movie. "This is new, this is something that we haven't seen before, how the hell is THAT going to work?" And you do a movie about direct democracy, personal responsibility, and freedom from dogma. You find one single ethical dillema and build your movie around it. Leia can be the voice of hope, Luke can be redeemed from his bitter cynicism, Han's still dead but whatever he was the voice in the wilderness if you want to go that way. And your new characters can both take up the mantle, help resolve the failings of the previous generation while retaining the success they had and contributing their own. The torch can be passed and you can have an emotionally satisfying story that more closely mirrors how people ACTUALLY come into the leadership phase of their adulthood.

But then they had a 2nd half of the movie that systematically destroyed that idea as well as everything else. They went full retard.

The RLM guys are right. At least TLJ tried to do something different and new. It failed and it failed miserably, but JJ even didn't try. So how important is that? I guess it depends on what you want to get out of a star wars movie.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Empire > Return > New Hope > Force Awakens >>> Rogue One > Revenge = Rise >> Phantom >> Attack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Last Jedi

Empire Strikes Back > Star Wars > Revenge of the Sith > Return of the Jedi > Force Awakens >> Attack of the Clones >> Phantom Menace >>>>> Dog Turds >>>>>>>>>>>> The Last Jedi

Fadaar

That guy
The biggest problem with TLJ is they had to pad out the run time with a bunch of bullshit to get to the 2+ hour mark. If you remove the Finn/Rose side quest and the battle on Crait there can't be much more than an hour and some change left. Removing the side quest gets rid of a universally disliked segment of the movie and removing the battle on Crait gets rid of Luke dying as well as the stupidity with Rose saving Finn, another two things a lot of people disliked. But then you only have the low speed chase and Rey's training for an entire movie. Also, can someone remind me how she even ended up on the command ship? I legit don't remember. But yes, ending the movie in the throne room would have been a perfect cliffhanger.

iannis

Musty Nester
The biggest problem with TLJ is they had to pad out the run time with a bunch of bullshit to get to the 2+ hour mark. If you remove the Finn/Rose side quest and the battle on Crait there can't be much more than an hour and some change left. Removing the side quest gets rid of a universally disliked segment of the movie and removing the battle on Crait gets rid of Luke dying as well as the stupidity with Rose saving Finn, another two things a lot of people disliked. But then you only have the low speed chase and Rey's training for an entire movie. Also, can someone remind me how she even ended up on the command ship? I legit don't remember. But yes, ending the movie in the throne room would have been a perfect cliffhanger.

I think she knocked Darth Emo out and stole his jet plane.

There was one line in the movie and I'm pretty sure that's how it happened. Offscreen.

So yeah, it's not like JJ has a lockdown on "shhh, don't think about it".

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I think she knocked Darth Emo out and stole his jet plane.

There was one line in the movie and I'm pretty sure that's how it happened. Offscreen.

So yeah, it's not like JJ has a lockdown on "shhh, don't think about it".

While you're mostly correct (she escaped using Snoke's personal shuttle), his question was how she got ON the ship, not off it. ;) The Millenium Falcon just jumped into the slow chase, launched Rey in an evacuation pod at the Supremacy, and jumped back out of the slow chase.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Even simple breaks in logic like.... who built all those star detroyers? Where'd the materials come from? How'd Palpatine escape the death star explosion? Why is there a giant stadium of sith cultists?

The first Death Star took 30 years to build then they started pinching them out like they were Fords. And then they built an UBER GIANT ONE and a massive fleet in secret.

Last edited:

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
This trilogy is what happens when this song is the plot outline and not an actual story.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
While you're mostly correct (she escaped using Snoke's personal shuttle), his question was how she got ON the ship, not off it. ;) The Millenium Falcon just jumped into the slow chase, launched Rey in an evacuation pod at the Supremacy, and jumped back out of the slow chase.

Oh yeah I forgot she was a dumbass and went there voluntarily, only saw the movie once and by that point I was starting to lose interest. The throne room stuff almost made up for the rest of the fuckery except for the terribad fight choreography against the guards and the fact that the movie didn't end there.