Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Let's be honest, someone watched The Mechanic 2 and had a eureka moment "Palpy could survive that way!"

edit: couldn't even remember which Jason Statham movie properly.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just saw it. Pretty decent. WAY better than the second one, a little too "busy" to be better than TFA for me personally.

I like how they retconned a bunch of shit from the second movie. Rey's parents being "nobodies". Normies using the force. Basically Luke's death was the only thing from TLJ that mattered.
I went "oh shit Wedge!" when they showed him on screen, but I don't think anyone else would get it except the guy who went "OOOOOHHH" when they first showed Leia's lightsaber.

Overall 7.5/10 probably. Some dumb stuff, but not NEARLY as fucking bad as the last movie. Also kind of disappointed Kylo Ren died, but I'd rather that then him and Rey hooking up and running the new Jedi Order or whatever. I honestly thought Rey was just going to seppoku and then Ben would just murder fuck the Emperor, but I guess her being a true Jedi, she had to live.

I really want a series with a dark side user who isn't evil or corrupted. Like just uses his emotions to fuck shit up. The whole monk schtick is cool, but we need something different. Some one just cutting through the badguys for a just cause. A Force Wielding Punisher basically. I'd fucking be super down for that shit.

• 4Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it was pretty good. Arguably the best movie of the trilogy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

How many times do i need to link the gif of his death to show where he gets vaporized? The death star was completely destroyed. Turned into atoms, yet here he and half the death star 2.0 are intact. You can try and explain away palpy's death, but you cant blow off why the death star survived with him.
odds on being a new special edition ROTJ on D+ soon

emp could get ability to make epic force shield bubble

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
lol i didn't know this apparently last week a day or two before movie release Emperor Palpatine "spoke" in Fortnite in a in-game event. Thats the message the crawl at the beginning of the movie refers to. What.... the... fuck hahaha

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
lol i didn't know this apparently last week a day or two before movie release Emperor Palpatine "spoke" in Fortnite in a in-game event. Thats the message the crawl at the beginning of the movie refers to. What.... the... fuck hahaha

Cool concept.. but wtf Fortnite? I guess it's got the biggest audience. It would have even been more badass if they had gone with Twitch and just have all streams cut off to Palpatine for a minute then go back to normal.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cool concept.. but wtf Fortnite? I guess it's got the biggest audience. It would have even been more badass if they had gone with Twitch and just have all streams cut off to Palpatine for a minute then go back to normal.

Twitch viewerbase is only 1.2m concurrent. Fortnite should be able to outdraw that depending on the delivery used.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think Eli has seen the movies besides being unable to spell assassinate. Top marks on confusing Luke with Leia though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My eyes rolled so hard when the ships were all equipped with planet destroying weapons.

This franchise is creatively bankrupt

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users