StarCraft 2

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
TL is starting to annoy me again with their "No no no no no this won't work!" attitude towards changes in LotV. They seem to think everything about the game will play out exactly how it plays out now despite the fact that the economies are completely altered and all early game seems completely different for all match ups. I don't know why it seems people are so quick to reject any new idea instead of seeing if it works out. It is like everyone on TL is a 60 year old person at work just coasting the last few years till retirement and fear and reject any change.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I also stopped watching competitive sc2 and switched to playing playing and watching dota. I think dota2 got released after HotS and it was a combination of sc2 burnout and I really didn't enjoy games with the new hots units. It was also after pretty much all the sc1 players switched over so there wasn't any really hyped player I was looking forward to seeing play. Also dota 2 is so much more fun for a filthy casual like me to play. It did take to learn the Heros and abilities, but it was a blast so I didn't really notice.

The only thing now that I prefer about sc2 is the shorter average game length. Watching a BO3 in dota can easily take 3 hrs or more with the drafts and time in between games which is a huge time investment.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Make sure to tune into Shoutcraft! Not only is it good starcraft (with lotv beta and 2v2 matches mixed in!) my map "Crazy Clash" was also getting some attention. Hostile Missile Turrets, Bridges, Huge Gold Bases, Healing Shrines, Shit loads of line of sight blockers. Yeaaaa buddy!

Also, TLMC 6 going on with $1000 to 1st place, $500 to 2nd and $275 for 3rd. Wish me luck bros!

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know right?! Although no clue how often I would even play it, just actually picked up a PS4 not too long ago so pretty backlogged on ps4 games atm. Having the LOTV editor assets would be nice to mess around with though.

Tenks

I'd like to see Habitation Station in LotV w/ LotV economy changes. The map was really good but it felt like the bottom half of the map was rarely used due to the 3base nature of HotS economy.

Tenks

3 game impression of LotV? More fun than HotS. Less build up more doing. But people will struggle to juggle all the harassment options given and proper macro at the base.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
is it just me or does the cyclone look completely uninspired, like a small box on a small pair of tracks?

Tenks

So while LotV is pretty fun in it's current state it is kind of a mess. Ultras basically GG a Terran. Lurkers are really, really strong at the moment as well. Bio is basically dead in all matchups because Mech is just superior in almost every facet.

To actually feel like you're playing a game not of wild stupidity you kind of need to play HotS still. LotV has it's parts that shine (mainly the guaranteed payment of harassment options) but it is hard to sit down and play for a while since the games are pretty silly.

Tenks

I don't get why TL is obsessed with changing absolutely everything about SC2 in LotV despite never actually playing any of the changes in LotV

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Because people have been trying to make Blizzard open up their design decisions since the WoL beta and this is the last change to do that. Let's not forget that moment when they nerfed ghosts into uselessness, despite qxc coming up with something far less intrusive. Blizzard might have some solid ideas and their solutions are generally more accessible, but TL can come up with ALL the possibilities.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So let me get this straight, a fully upgraded marauder went from doing 20 damage to a fully upgraded ultralisk to 5 damage at twice the RoF?

And the marine went from 3 to 1?