Bronze Knight of the Realm
*** STORY SPOILERS CAN AND WILL BE POSTED WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS NOW ***

HOTS is releasing!

Players / ID / Race / Level:

Tenks / March#923 / Terran / Diamond
Noodleface / Noodleface#1412 / Zerg / Professional Silver
Zaphid / Zaphid#2854 / Protoss / league above Tenks
Sir Funk / SirFunk#717 / Protoss / Silver
Dabamf / Dabamf#537 / Zerg / who knows (prob gold/plat)
Forbin / Forbin#381 / Protoss / Silver

Drop by our chat (group coming shortly)!

Rerolled

Want to talk about professional Starcraft and/or have questions for your own personal Multi-player strategy? Check out the thread in Competitive Gaming!

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?133-Starcraft-2

Please PM me if you wish to have your contact information added

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think they quickly learned from the tepid response the community was giving to HOTS that they had to do something drastic. I played HOTS before the patch and it simply felt like the exact same game. Perhaps because I was playing on the Terran side where literally the only change was widow mines (which such against anyone who is an active detector) so it felt very meh.
They definitely should've done the shit flinging before announcing a release date, but better late than never.

Flank_sl

shitlord
SortOf has been a good player for a long time. Not on Polt's level, but he is no scrub.

I am not going to defend Zerg though. The more I play as zerg, the more I realise how forgiving it is (compared to protoss).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm normally not that much into dissing pros because of their race, but I want to see SortOf perform for a bit longer before I have some opinion about him. I have seen a few guys who looked promising but usually faded into obscurity later, like Feast

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
So why is the sc2 thread stashed away in this competitive gaming forum? How come it isn't in the main Other Games thread. wtf bros, who is going to see this here? Oh wells :p

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'd love to make different threads for major events and so on, but as it is, this thread isn't really moving anyway and I get the sense that most people are spending as little time watching sc2 as possible after the past few weeks.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Im really not into SC2 atm. I cant even watch it.

The zerg dominance is ridiculous... make infestors win the game... go into hive win the game, do a tech switch, win the game... open 3 hatch. win the game. And on top of all; blizzard's attitude of "everything is all right, look at the stats" makes it that i will probably wait in buying HOTS.

PKS

N00b
Sure, haven't been posting because FoH/Rerolled & waited to see how it would pan out, but now that's settled, can we get a sub forum for the main page for SC2? 1 thread in a sub sub forum ain't gonna cut it!

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also wanted a more dedicated thread to sc2 but, like others pointed out, wings of liberty is played out atm. The game is in a sad state and unless magic happens with hots, well be treated with the same bs blizz is serving us since early 2011.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I'm waiting for HOTS to come out before I start playing again. It's disappointing, I expected so much more from BNET 2.0. :/ Then games like Dota 2 come out and it's like, hey this is what next gen competitive gaming clients should be like - disappointment is worse with BNET 2.0.

From what I've read HOTS won't have the changes I'd like for the client but oh well. Story mode at least.

Tenks

I haven't played in a few months. How much did the infestor nerf affect Zerg?
It didn't really do too much. Infestors still counter every unit in the game but now they're just a bit easier to kill when they walk in to fungal. The largest issue, imo, remains the queen range buff.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think I'll play beta or much more sc2 until HoTS comes out. I still watch a ton of tournaments/vods when I can though. Hell, at the moment I'm just more excited about the single player storyline, although with how many changes Blizz has done recently it has gotten me a little more excited for multiplayer. Hopefully they keep tweaking units, make shit OP, make shit UP, whatever, it's beta testing, that's what they should be doing.

Flank_sl

shitlord
If you are bored with it, switch to Zerg. It should be fun for a while, at least.

Or just change race in general. You will be really bad for a while, but at least the change is fun. And you should end up better for it anyway, as you get to learn both sides of a matchup.

Tenks

HotS, at least in the current state, is way more fun to watch and play than WoL. Right now the optimal ZvT composition seems to be Roach/Hydra/Viper then into Ultra/Hydra/Ling. The Terran side hasn't changed too much but the emergency boost on the dropship makes drops way more interesting and fun. They need to rework the Thor's anti-air to be worth it. Right now there isn't a huge reason to use the global anti-air over just javalin.

Sadly nothing has really changed in TvP. Outside of there is a minor reason to keep your factory around and build another reactor so you can put some mines here and there or mix in some hellbats with your bio force. But it seems the way to go in TvP hasn't changed too much. It is still big bio against collosus/HT switches. The only good thing is upgrading your ship weapons for Vikings also helps your hellbats so they can transition a bit into the lategame to help with huge masses of zealots.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you guys weren't watching NASL when it was on, and didn't see the FFA they did on HoTS, I suggest you watch it. Pretty fucking hilarious. Once the game starts it's pretty awesome, then it dulls out for a bit when there are only 4 players left because they pretty much dick around and turtle til about the 50 minute mark. Still fun to watch because it shows off some of the units (tempests, speed medivacs, oracles, etc etc) and dat Demuslim backrub into Hyun backrub was probably the most hilarious thing I've ever watched in sc2 lol. Hyun is just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsjUkeWuf4

(fuck if I know if you can embed youtube videos on this site so here's the link)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Apparently you can't. Still, it was awesome, especially the ending with Demuslim rushing in as the last one and crushing everything.