StarCraft 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I've been watching a lot of proleague and while the maps they use are all over the place, this would never work in a solo league. You can work around even the most ridiculous maps in teamleague, but every imbalance shows in a starleague. But it certainly makes for refreshing games, especially compared to the zergfest of blizz cup.

Also, Liquid Sea retired, which was rather surprising and makes Liquid look a bit silly.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
HSC is going on. It is always a fun time if you like entertaining downtime and mediocre SC2.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Round 2 of Proleague will be all kill format. I hope they change the map pool for that. I do not think these pro league maps are suited to any other format.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Not likely, at least not a whole map pool if BW set the precedent. Because it's probably the only way we are going to see toss on Arkanoid
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Tenks

Lol MMA with the biggest BM I've seen in a while. Just 12/14 raped MoMan and instead of killing his nat hatch just walked away with 10 hp left on the hatch. Then went to kill him like 8 minutes later.

[MoMan goes to shake MMA's hand] "MoMan so manner despite getting raped"

Tenks

Feels like you could meta the fuck out of the map by going 4gate robo and warping in with a prism

Though I assume the stronger build would be nexus first into 6gate + prism

Flank_sl

shitlord
Nexus first is not possible unless you want to long distance mine from that nexus (terran can fly the orbital into position after marines have cleared up the creep). Terran and zerg can both scout for 4 gate warp prism using overlord or reaper, although they might need 2 reapers to scout well, and that is a lot of production time that is not actually helping defend the 4 gate. I think the go to build for toss on arkanoid would be stargate into expand.

I just noticed that woongjin have put out a protoss (free) on Arcanoid this week. He will play vs Zenio.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I thought at least one of the bases could be taken off the bat, my bad, that makes the map even worse for toss though unless you do the 4gate WP cheese. But I suppose that's the beauty of it, I want to see what Free came up with to be played on that map.

Tenks

If anything the PL maps make it so you can't play standard on any of them. Which is refreshing for sure. I like how balance takes a backseat for making the matches actually enjoyable to watch.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I never said it before, but sc2 sucks. Im going to skip HOTS, then wait two more years and get the last expansion and the second expansion with a discount. At this point, WOL is just broken if they nerf the infestor, then P>Z if they don't then Z>*

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Delete the infestor ffs. Let PvZ be outta whack, throw the balance of every match up agaisnt zerg out of the window. Truth is, any catastrophic result CANT be worse than the current game state. For most players, including me, it wont change squat on rankings. Ill always be a platinum allstar. The problem isnt that i cant rank up, its that the pro matches and tournements are just so fuckin boooooooring to watch now days. Watching Scarlet camp on his ass till brood / infestors then A move, like every other damn zerg, is mind blowingly boring. Hearing casters yell SICK FUNGALS actually make me sick in the stomach now.

They also went overboard with maps. Theres a middle ground between season 1 maps and the current ones where a zerg can take 3 -4 bases hardly unchallenged.
SC2 is very meh atm.