StarCraft 2

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah bio is completely fucked in LotV at the moment in almost all matchups. It is still viable in TvP but even then mech is still probably better.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
So I loaded this up with a friend the other day, and noticed there is no 2v2. Did they get rid of it, or am I just crazy thinking they used to have it?

Tenks

So I loaded this up with a friend the other day, and noticed there is no 2v2. Did they get rid of it, or am I just crazy thinking they used to have it?
It is disabled for beta. If you want to play with a friend they want you to use Archon mode.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like I've got another map going to ladder.

WCS Season 3 Map Pool

Moonlight Madness is mine, prepare the backdoor rage! Btw, the map is designed so the backdoor could be your natural and you could then break down rocks to take a 3rd. Or just take the forward nat, backdoor 3rd, /shrug.

Kind of surprising it got picked up, but hey, I'm happy.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
My favorite chubby lill asian
frown.png

Tenks

Looks like I've got another map going to ladder.

WCS Season 3 Map Pool

Moonlight Madness is mine, prepare the backdoor rage! Btw, the map is designed so the backdoor could be your natural and you could then break down rocks to take a 3rd. Or just take the forward nat, backdoor 3rd, /shrug.

Kind of surprising it got picked up, but hey, I'm happy.
Rofl the TL polls are not happy about your map. It also seemed a ton of the TLMC entries had backdoor rocks. Did you mappers get together and collectively decided to piss off the playerbase?

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah, just like 4 of the 7 finalist maps had backdoors on them, probably because blizzard was removing their backdoor map and wanted to try out another one. This is actually the first TLMC that Blizzard took part in. As for judges, it's like 10 or so people on the TL Strat team that judge the maps, this season it was those 10 on TL Strat plus a handful of Blizzard guys. I do think Terran & Zerg will do better on the map, although since every base has ramps next to it protoss might do well enough with AoE/Forcefields. Air play is going to be scary on the map though...and proxies might be a little strong...we'll see lol.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
I don't know boys. I feel like LOTV beta is just a steaming pile of shit right now. Changes feel uninspired, ravager is boring unless you think adding some retarded spam mortar ability is fun. Just a terrible direction in general, with a much more rushed feel to the game in all aspects: more shallow action and less strategy. I honestly cannot fathom how anybody sees anything proffered so far as beneficial to the game play or its long-term lifespan. ded gaem etc. Kinda wish Blizz would incorporate more changes involving depth of micro and all of that stuff. Maybe just make an HD remaster of BW at this point, because this is just getting fucky.

Tenks

Yeah the LotV beta is not fun at all. I've been wanting to check out Starbow but haven't gotten around to it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I tried it for a while in HotS, it's nice but the lack of matchmaking really hurts it, I was either running around in circles against people who were like bronze or getting smashed. Granted, even the smashing felt solid simply because they had good builds and timings, not because of "whoops mislicked"

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There's also the option to play multiple games against the same people, so if you find somebody who is around your skill level, you can be set for several hours, definitely more social than just grinding ladder.

Apparently there's WCS tomorrow and looking at the list of participants - how the fuck does a LAN event have Ret, TLO, Mana and no Snute or Violet ?!

Tenks

Because both failed at their qualifying? Snute especially looked like shit. Ret has actually been looking strong lately and TLO was a shocker. This seasons WCS was pretty upset filled.

Tenks

Prequel missions are out. I haven't had time to play a ton but I already failed the first mission on brutal. It has a good mechanic of needing to secure the map quickly but also doesn't just jizz expansions all over your face like HotS single player tended to do. So you can't just sit around waiting to build up 12 colossus then win.

Tenks

Finished all the prequel missions on Brutal. They were pretty fun. I failed to get the final achievement on the third mission so I may go back and try and do that one. In terms of difficulty 1 >> 3 > 2. But all three were more difficult than anything in HotS.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just saw the pre-order pop up with the prequel mission offer. Guess I know what I am doing tonight.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The missions on Brutal are pretty fun, especially mission #1. Not much challenge on mission #2, and missions structured like #3 are just annoying, as you have to save/reload, micro differently, etc.

I am still surprised they did not get the game out in May or June. They are even saying a 2016 release is still an option... I am playing purely for the single player experience this time around, as the multiplayer has lost me. A straight up RTS multiplayer experience is just so boring when you can play games like Dota 2 competitively.