StarCraft 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
man, fuck EG, they just killed any hope of Jaedong getting as awesome as he was in BW (even though he probably couldn't because this game sucks).

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fuck did i just watch with some asian dude and a blonde retard jumping on stage.
In a purple outfit to top it all. Couldnt even shut down the damn screen.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Haha no shit. I got a quick print screen off. Theyve even got a fucking dog randomly running around.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I stopped watching after Taeja vs Hero, which was rather silly series, but the NASL crew deserves props for absolutely brilliant segments to fill in time.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
WoW arena matches would have been better.
Cant beleive i said that.

That hots showmatch, not sure if serious. I just dont understand what am seeing. 2 players running their blob of units all over the map for the sake of running all over the map.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's a showmatch of beta, which had giant patch deployed this week, don't take it too seriously. Toss air looks ridiculous though.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
That game just showed the amount of work and luck required by polt to lvl the playing field. Sniping the pool / lair / spire and still won by the skin of his teeth. Random foreign zerg giving code s player a run for his money /eyesroll

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thats because Zerg is fucking retarded still. I would almost guarantee Polt has put in 3x more hours into SC2 than SortOf and he still has to rely on SortOf completely fucking up and forgetting he has a main base to win. Getting old seeing a new random EU/NA Zerg getting far into the tournament beating people who actually put time into the game.

Stosh

Still on the fence if I'm going to continue to pay $150 for another year of GSL. I did drop the $5 for a year of Kespa pro league. The week one pro league matches were interesting if anything with new Kespa maps and some players with skills reminiscent of the three open seasons of the 2010 GSL.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
NASL S5 should be rather interesting, but I can't really justify spending anything on watching starcraft since it's strictly "oh, a tournament is on? I'll have it open in a tab while doing something else". Even with that I'm feeling pretty burnt out on tournament watching ATM and that's coming from somebody who woke up at 4am a year ago to watch Hero lose to Puma in NASL S2 finals. HotS seems to look promising, even though the balance seems to be all over the place and probably won't be fixed until few months after release.

Tenks

They threw a bunch of shit against the wall lately without any real balancing beforehand. If anyone saw the change log and thought they'd get a completely balanced game they're fooling themselves. I will say, however, HOTS is way more fun to play at the moment than WoL. I just wish I had some standard BOs instead of just winging it every time.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Throwing balance out the window, then turning around and flinging shit at the wall is exactly how to add some fun into an expansion. Especially when it's Blizzard and they can (and do) take their sweet time with everything, there's no reason not to toss out some preconceptions and see if you can make something innovative. It just would've been nice to have them start with much more drastic ideas before they even released a beta.

Tenks

I think they quickly learned from the tepid response the community was giving to HOTS that they had to do something drastic. I played HOTS before the patch and it simply felt like the exact same game. Perhaps because I was playing on the Terran side where literally the only change was widow mines (which such against anyone who is an active detector) so it felt very meh.