Starcraft: Remastered

nu_11

Today Blizzard released the Remastered version of Starcraft and Brood War for $15 (OG Starcraft is free)
StarCraft: Remastered

Part of this was the streaming the release party featuring Tasteless, Artosis, Day9 and crew. It was goddamn hilarious.

Twitch link: (resuming Aug 15, Tuesday at noon)

funny clip:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To me this is Blizzard admitting they fucked up with the esports of SC2. They had to release the remaster version of Starcraft. I wish I could feel bad with the cucks that put up 20 million for teams in OWL, but I don't. Both OWL and SC2 are failures in their adventures in esports. This is their final try at recouping their losses. How about you fire Geoff before he totally ruins Overwatch. Let him go to Daybreak or Smed's Amazon studio's.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Rich people are stupid. Anybody even slightly connected with Blizzard doesn't get this 'cause they're too snow blind by the rain of dollars.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
To me this is Blizzard admitting they fucked up with the esports of SC2. They had to release the remaster version of Starcraft. I wish I could feel bad with the cucks that put up 20 million for teams in OWL, but I don't. Both OWL and SC2 are failures in their adventures in esports. This is their final try at recouping their losses. How about you fire Geoff before he totally ruins Overwatch. Let him go to Daybreak or Smed's Amazon studio's.
Nope, BW was dead in the west when SC2 came out and pretty much paved the way for MOBAs. It reignited esports in the west after all the big money failures, brought in the streaming revolution, many esports people cut their teeth making SC2 content. As far as monetization of esports fans, sure they didn't accomplish that, the custom maps system was terrible, region locks forcing you to buy several copies, ...

I could go on, but the impact of SC2 on esports was massive.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1SJW
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I saw the stream being linked in dota2 reddit and hopped on a bit, sadly was too tired to watch it all but shit was hilarious the ~30mins I watched. Game itself I don't care much about but eh.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I bought the remastered version but it doesn't seem very remastered to me. I thought we'd at least get full screen resolutions

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

I can't really get into why but this is in no way accurate

Tenks

Resolution bumps would increase the field of vision. The goal with SC:R was to change pro play in absolutely no way.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why couldn't we get a different "version" of the game? What exactly is remastered about this version? What makes it different than me just getting the originals and playing them?

Tenks

Getting the original running on a modern OS is a bit of a pain in the ass. However the fixes for that are now bundled into the anthology anyways. The patch added modern match making, enhanced observer features and a few bug fixes. All the Remaster adds is the HD sprites. If you could increase your resolution to increase your FOV you'd objectively have an advantage over someone not running the HD Remastered version and that wouldn't be cool. You also wouldn't be able to do the whole "switch from HD/non-HD" on the fly stuff.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Day 2 is happening and holy shit I forgot how much I missed the old BW people. So much shittalking it would make 2GD proud.

Nony is there :eek:

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought the remastered version but it doesn't seem very remastered to me. I thought we'd at least get full screen resolutions

Wait, so what does it look like in ultra-wide?

Can't believe how far behind Blizzard is on this. D3 has a bunch of broken UI stuff in 2560*1080 starting with the title screen...

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
This cast has been almost as good as 'monkey milk'... holy hell the shit that gets talked by these guys is hilarious