Stardew Valley

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
After I found Factorio I gave up on this game.

Am I missing out?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So, can someone tell me the allure of this game? I see so many people, especially grown men, playing this. I'd have thought at first glance it was something for 12 year old girls. I would genuinely like to know.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It is a very charming game. It makes you happy. There's tons of stuff to do, you get up every day and just do whatever you want. Fishing or fighting or chatting up townsfolk or farming or chopping trees.

Charming music, charming art, charming writing. It even has a few mods! I use GetDressed, a mod that lets you change your appearance, which I use daily.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, can someone tell me the allure of this game? I see so many people, especially grown men, playing this. I'd have thought at first glance it was something for 12 year old girls. I would genuinely like to know.

Its a fun enough game but personally I got super bored after about a week of playing it like 6 hours a day. There is a certain amount of "one more day" factor similar to Civ which can really make the hours float away. I never got "super" into it because I honestly find the process of building virtual relationships and OCD farming very tedious and boring. So once I established my farm and cleared the dungeons I was basically done with it because I don't really care about my farmer getting married and having kids.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
OK, so there are dungeons too. I thought it was all just farming and chatting up girls. Good to know. So, is this a "chill" type of game? By that I mean you just do whatever you want at a leisurely pace, or do you have to have a strategy and "push" for certain things to happen (i.e. you could loose out on a chance with a girl if you don't use some sort of optimal stratagy thing?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm so ready for more of this. I jumped in today to hug all the things but didn't play so I will be super ready for multiplayer.

With my luck it will hit about the same time as Coirnav

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
anyone messed around with multiplayer? co-op apparently got added a few months ago. i'm thinking the GF and i could have a lot of fun playing together.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
When it first came out it had some odd limitations, like shared money pool, but it was a lot of fun. I'm not sure if some of the annoyances have been fixed or modded away, haven't played in a long time.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
stardewmoney.png