Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Cybsled

NMS planets get boring also - they’ve added more variety, but the same patterns of biomes or planet types manifest. Seeing a planet with metal cubes is cool once, then becomes boring each subsequent time. When you’ve seen dozens of planets, a sort of “sameness” settles in. Especially for dead rocks.

even if you add more variety to planets (which they should), eventually the player will grow accustomed to that variety and feel a lack of variety again

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
NMS planets get boring also - they’ve added more variety, but the same patterns of biomes or planet types manifest. Seeing a planet with metal cubes is cool once, then becomes boring each subsequent time. When you’ve seen dozens of planets, a sort of “sameness” settles in. Especially for dead rocks.

even if you add more variety to planets (which they should), eventually the player will grow accustomed to that variety and feel a lack of variety again
this would be a massive feature, but it'd be cool if they supported a feature where you could design outposts and ships, then submit them to the cloud to be inserted as discoverable outposts by other players, with some kind of player-based rating scheme to cause top-notch outposts/ships to be prioritized.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
this would be a massive feature, but it'd be cool if they supported a feature where you could design outposts and ships, then submit them to the cloud to be inserted as discoverable outposts by other players, with some kind of player-based rating scheme to cause top-notch outposts/ships to be prioritized.

This is probably my number one wish for modding down the line. The ability to mod more POI, more diverse type of POI, and different layout for each one. I think I'd like some POI that don't show on radar, so there's some surprise while you run from point A to point B.

Second would be more random encounters in space.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
With Penisville Outpost being the top voted by players, of course.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
this would be a massive feature, but it'd be cool if they supported a feature where you could design outposts and ships, then submit them to the cloud to be inserted as y discoverable outposts by other players, with some kind of player-based rating scheme to cause top-notch outposts/ships to be prioritized.
City of Heroes had the mission architect system that basically did what you're describing. Pretty neat concept to pack your game with additional content.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

The amazing thing about this is that there's pretty much like 10-12 variants of things. Is it really that hard to have like 1000-1500 variants of each rock, each plant, etc into a procedural engine?

NMS is still way, way better than it was though. But yeah, any procedural generation really feels old quick, and it always seems to be the same reasons really - they just get really lame and create like 10 variants. It's odd.

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

You know I believe Entropia Universe has done this for years. People can "build" areas, and they get released as patches to the masses or something to that effect.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just followed Starlit - A Starfield Mod List to install a few mods. Specifically Richer Vendors, StarUI, UndelayedMenus, Slow motion during ship power management. It's amazing how just a few (kind of obvious...) changes dramatically improve the game, and only a small % of players will play with them.

• 3Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just followed Starlit - A Starfield Mod List to install a few mods. Specifically Richer Vendors, StarUI, UndelayedMenus, Slow motion during ship power management. It's amazing how just a few (kind of obvious...) changes dramatically improve the game, and only a small % of players will play with them.
Definitely get the stuff under graphics in that mod list too. The upscaler + moire fixes make a big difference, even if you are using the DLSS bridge rather than native FSR2 (actually says it works without using FSR/DLSS at all, but I've never played the game without FSR2 on). I wouldn't use Stellar LUTs though. Gravity LUTs by the same author is much better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Got around to the Ryujin quests. Highly recommend having the detect Starstuff power since it reveals where all NPCs are, even through walls. Makes the sneaking parts much easier since you can see where they are pathing or looking without exposing yourself. Void form is another good one, although the cloak drops if you open a door

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Got around to the Ryujin quests. Highly recommend having the detect Starstuff power since it reveals where all NPCs are, even through walls. Makes the sneaking parts much easier since you can see where they are pathing or looking without exposing yourself. Void form is another good one, although the cloak drops if you open a door
I didn't get Detect Starstuff (or the Simulacrum...) ability which is total bullshit. I think I'm going to console add it in.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How did that happen?
I don't know. Black Araysar gave up handing me temple locations when I was at the very end of the game and I still had two more. Simulacrum is from a Barrett quest I never got, despite being super buddies with him and doing a lot of content before progression the MSQ after he dies.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm using a few of those already so I'll definitely take a look at the rest, thanks!

I didn't see if it was in there or not, but I highly recommend Easy Digipick. It has boosted my enjoyment massively. Nothing I fucking hated more than going to open a random container (like a locker maybe) that usually isn't locked, only to be thrust into the fucking lockpick minigame when I would have just skipped it if I weren't clicking so fast. I know I can just back out but even though I have hundreds of thousands of credits I still seem to be retarded about wasting digipicks. Partially because I always forget to buy them when at vendors, but force of habit I guess not to waste stuff like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm using a few of those already so I'll definitely take a look at the rest, thanks!

I didn't see if it was in there or not, but I highly recommend Easy Digipick. It has boosted my enjoyment massively. Nothing I fucking hated more than going to open a random container (like a locker maybe) that usually isn't locked, only to be thrust into the fucking lockpick minigame when I would have just skipped it if I weren't clicking so fast. I know I can just back out but even though I have hundreds of thousands of credits I still seem to be retarded about wasting digipicks. Partially because I always forget to buy them when at vendors, but force of habit I guess not to waste stuff like that.
I've pretty much stopped using digipicks. I never skipped them in Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3/4 etc, but Starfield's minigame is just the worst.

• 3Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't know. Black Araysar gave up handing me temple locations when I was at the very end of the game and I still had two more. Simulacrum is from a Barrett quest I never got, despite being super buddies with him and doing a lot of content before progression the MSQ after he dies.
I heard there were issues if you advance the MSQ without doing all the temples available at each point first. Other people have complained of missing a couple powers as well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I heard there were issues if you advance the MSQ without doing all the temples available at each point first. Other people have complained of missing a couple powers as well.
I got hit with a bug where I had the quest to explore temples but they didn't unlock until I progressed the MSQ. I was at a temple and must've floated my dumbass through thirty of those lens flare bubbles before giving up and googling it to find other people who ran into that. I ignored the temples and did the MSQ super deep before trying again and that temple worked *shrug*