Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Cybsled

Biggest thing that turned me off from FO76 is the ever need for ammo. Back when I played there just wasn't enough of it dropping, so you had to craft it. So you would log in go hunt down some lead ore from some mine, hunt down some steel if you did not have any, acid for the gunpowder BS had to be found, and then you would craft up enough ammo to finally start playing. this was the #1 reason me and my son quit playing this game.

Ammo is fairly easy to get now for free, even high end ammo. If you run Daily Ops (the dungeon thing), all the enemies drop the Ammo type you used to kill them. Even ultracite ammo. The only thing they don’t drop is fusion/plasma cores. They also drop enough of it that you leave with more ammo than you started with in most cases. They also added AoE looting, so you can easily loot lots of enemies at once.

Also just ask players at events. If you say you’re new/returning and need ammo, some long time player is bound to drop a bunch of shit for you

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more they show, the less impressed I am. Still hoping for the best though.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They finally showed gameplay, and it looks really awesome! If I invested money into Star Citizen, I'd be pretty pissed. lol

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well this looks like they just ripped off No Man's Sky big time. Holy shit.
Literally looks like they copy/pasted 80% of No Man's Sky. Game looks mid as fuck.

I am excited about how DIVERSE the companions and world are though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess I didn't realize it's single player. What a wasted opportunity.

I'm assuming they'll add it at some point since they keep talking about "friends," but they should've built this as multi from the ground up.

Why bother building my giant penis ship if no one can see it from their giant penis ship?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
ROFL they also ripped off Subnautica's building system for ships/bases.

No Man's Skyrim looks like something I'll wait for a discount on.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If this doesn't get co-op eventually, that's a huge miss.

Otherwise, looks great.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Who gives a fuck if they borrow systems or ideas from other games so long as they're done well?

Bunch of jaded MF in here

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who gives a fuck if they borrow systems or ideas from other games so long as they're done well?

Didn't look like borrow, more like "copy paste." Maybe it's just inevitable with a space setting?

Hopefully it brings more to the table.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

"Borrowing" systems and iterating on them is fine - it's literally Blizzard's business model, or was..

But straight copy/pasting just reeks of low-effort and raises suspicions for a game that has been in development for 900 years. I also struggle to find the point of all these building/modding tools in a single-player game. It's the reason I literally never touched Fallout 4 but felt '76 was a much better experience.

• 1Committed
  • 1WTF

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, you could have done about 5-10 minutes worth of time in building in fallout 4 and never have to touch it again, and there was still a ton of game left to play.

Cybsled

I had a blast with building in FO4
fallout.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider

This is about where I'm at. Hell, I'm of the opinion that all sci-fi games should be shamelessly stealing from No Man's Sky--being able to freely fly around space should be standard. If the next Mass Effect doesn't get accusations of being a NMS rip-off, I'll be gravely disappointed.

Cybsled

Btw, for extra lulz, check out the Star Citizen reddit. The salt is starting to flow