Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even the stuff that has some value for selling should be picked over carefully, since vendors have so little money and waiting on a bench to restock them is too tedious to bother with for anything but contraband. It shouldn't take too long to realize you have more money than you'll ever spend just from grabbing the stuff with the absolute highest val/wt ratio and then you can forget about all that shit.
I think I read that shops reset every 48 "standard" hours, or what ever they call their base time unit. So find a planet with very slow spin and 1 hour of rest on it will take X hours of standard time (it's the same 1 hour tick for the player waiting or sleeping). The Planet where you can get up to 7 minerals in one base, if you want to spend all day looking, is roughly 1 hour on the planet is 8 hours of standard time (Planet name:Linnaeus IV-b). It's still a good planet for Alum/Iron/He3, even if someone doesn't want to spend all day fishing for an RNG unicorn outpost location.

I guess it would work by just fast traveling to a landing site and sleeping on your ship too.

Writing this out makes me wonder how many standard hours they made a Mercury hour take, since 1 solar day on Mercury is 176 Earth days irl. Make a base on Mercury, and rest for 7 days every hour waiting on a bench! Edit: Load up the game to check and waiting/sleeping 1 hour on Mercury is 82 hours and 47 minutes of galactic time (which is both funny and fucking retarded logic when "sleeping" or "sitting on a bench", but whatever).

Disclaimer: I only tested this once, and I think it worked, but I was buying minerals and don't remember exactly what shops I bought what minerals from.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I discovered a trick today: You know the flight simulator at UC HQ that you get to use? Ship kills in the simulator count as "kill X ship" requirements for skill requirements. Good way to get lots of easy ship kills since you can reset the simulator multiple times

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Okay this is some janky shit.

Die while Sam is my companion. Reload and his daughter appears along side him as were in combat;

5.jpg

She ended up running off and was no where to be found. She just vanished.

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
spreadsheet of planets. lmk if you know of any better resources.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HYORQgw24NJ0eXV2AhZ7hxQJlCXwwOh6Fd-Ko3sBvEo/edit#gid=2136609785

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
What muppet decided that having the 'throw grenade' and 'open map' functions bound to the same key was a great idea ?

Also, maybe I just have shit luck with weapons, but enemy health seems to be beyond insanity - surely I shouldn't be counting how many full magazines of ammo it takes to kill something, but as far as I can tell, even with ballistics 2, it still takes 5 or more headshots to kill a low level pirate.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What muppet decided that having the 'throw grenade' and 'open map' functions bound to the same key was a great idea ?

Also, maybe I just have shit luck with weapons, but enemy health seems to be beyond insanity - surely I shouldn't be counting how many full magazines of ammo it takes to kill something, but as far as I can tell, even with ballistics 2, it still takes 5 or more headshots to kill a low level pirate.
I felt this way in the beginning (on hard). I think it's about weapon quality and not skills. I've not yet leveled any combat skills and I'm at the point I can pretty easily take down most things I come across. Look for Advanced weapons. I also find shotguns to be pretty damn powerful in this game. Automatics and most pistols, not so much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Shotguns are pretty godtier in this even with skills in it. I found a legendary explosive combat shotty - the explosive round seems really powerful, like it does 10x the normal damage of a regular shot.

Also weapons with modifiers like "white hot" rounds which catch the target on fire seems to work well

Cybsled

Interesting way to glitch starship builds so you can bypass Bethesda's annoying "no clip" requirements and make some awesome looking designs

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Shotguns are pretty godtier in this even with skills in it. I found a legendary explosive combat shotty - the explosive round seems really powerful, like it does 10x the normal damage of a regular shot.

Also weapons with modifiers like "white hot" rounds which catch the target on fire seems to work well
Yup, explosive rounds are massive. I was at this terrormorph overrun outpost and almost nothing was making a dent until I used a gun with explosive rounds and then they started to melt. Shotgun + explosive rounds FTW.

I feel like white hot is a bit weak. It seems like a guaranteed catch on fire but the DoT component is weak. Maybe with different skills that would change.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Interesting way to glitch starship builds so you can bypass Bethesda's annoying "no clip" requirements and make some awesome looking designs

Man, that last one looks pretty cool. I figured modders would eventually have stuff like that available eventually, but neat to see there's a temporary solution. Might try doing something like that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
BG3 continues to hold hundreds of thousands more players than Starfield.

View attachment 489908

2/3rds the amount of players who paid full price when there's a service that has the game for free.
You realize you're just showing everyone that Starfield is blowing BG3 out of the water, right?

Haven't put many hours into it, but the fact that its success is making the usual retards rage out this hard is making it GOTY for me

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Haven't put many hours into it, but the fact that its success is making the usual retards rage out this hard is making it GOTY for me

The fact you think this is what's happening and are so excited by the narrative you've created for yourself is pretty sad.

• 2Pathetic

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The ambient occlusion in this game is absolutely horrible. Just big dark blobs around everyone;

1694280620133.png

• 1Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>
2/3rds the amount of players who paid full price when there's a service that has the game for free.
You realize you're just showing everyone that Starfield is blowing BG3 out of the water, right?

I bought Starfield and BG3 for the PS5 within a week of each other. Starfield got refunded.

BG3 is in a wholly different class. No comparison.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL IDK why people be refunding this after a few hours. These Beth games just keep on giving for years and years after release with +mods. This game will/already has 300% more replayability than BG3 will ever give you. Granted BG3 is really really good, but after 2-3x through its spent.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I bought Starfield and BG3 for the PS5 within a week of each other. Starfield got refunded.

BG3 is in a wholly different class. No comparison.

If you're into that type of game, then I have no doubt that it is. I have no interest in that genre so I'll still never play it.

Starfield's audience is far more broad so it will always be a lot more popular

Caliane

whats the min specs for bg3?

• Processor: Intel I5 4690/ AMD FX 8350
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970/ RX 480 (4 GB+ VRAM)

so, BG3 also has lower specs. as I said earlier. starfield is the first game my old system couldn't play.
i5 6600, gtx 1070. from what I can tell its the cpu thats failing.
there's been plenty of games that stutter, or play poorly... bannerlord, etc. but they PLAY. (I didnt try cyberpunk)

so, that will reflect on numbers as well. higher tech specs will mean less players.
Although I too am in the camp of, "where is that processing power going exactly?" from what I understand, its the cpu thats failing for me mostly. I might be able to get it to play by overclocking it.