Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I was busy typing up my longer post while you posted this, thanks!

As my new post mentions it definitely changes depending upon where you set up shop, but finding out where the good shit lands is going to be a fairly tedious process, and like I said I could just build my own by now. I am fairly certain that it mostly depends upon who owns the system, or in the case of unowned ones, who is the dominant faction. But I don't know how to determine where say the Ecliptic are most dominant. That would be where I would want to try my luck, but unless there is an easy method (or I'm missing something looking at the star map) I would spend more time trying to find the system than just farming credits and levels myself.

However, I do agree with you that walking through all these ships is fun as fuck. Some are just ridiculously monstrous. I'd have to go look back at my screenshots but there was one, maybe a Pik'up? that was the very definition of the "maze" interior. It also had a ton of cargo space. I would never actually use the ship since it has almost no weaponry, has a ton of ladders, and is confusing as fuck inside, but it is motherfucking massive from outside.

I just need to figure out how to share all of these easily and then you'll get to see a bunch of new ones. Not as good as a walkthrough, but better than nothing!
Right on. I think I've just told myself I'll pop here and there on moons when I'm traveling around doing other things vs just sitting there farming. Maybe land two or three times to see if it triggers a an event. If something pops then so be it, and if not move on, but I'm not necessarily hunting something specific. It is just kind of fun to have a random cool ship land be able to maybe run off with it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've been enjoying your blogs on this, I'd view the gallery!!

If you wanted to savescum-steal a lethal combat ship, and had max Flight skill but no decent ship of your own, what would your strat be?
Honestly you aren't going to get anything super badass unless RNGesus favors you more, but by FAR the best and easiest to get ship with minimal reloads is the Ecliptic Stiletto. If you get more lucky you might get a Bayonet. They are only Type A so piloting skill doesn't matter, but the Stiletto was a significant increase in lethality for me even over the Razorleaf.

The quickest way to get a Stiletto that I know of is to use the method I mentioned before in the Cheyenne system on the Wellish moon. I got a metric fuckton of Stilettos there.

If you get lucky you'll find a Raptor (not the fucking UC Vanguard Raptor) which I feel is even better for straight combat. They are all shit in terms of cargo space, but for just combat they are honestly pretty good for a totally free ship.

A Va'ruun Hymn is decent as well, and actually looks pretty badass if you like HUGE flat blocky ships with the stats of a fighter.

Just understand that unless you get lucky and find something I never have, you aren't going to be amazed by any ship you steal.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The quickest way to get a Stiletto that I know of is to use the method I mentioned before in the Cheyenne system on the Wellish moon. I got a metric fuckton of Stilettos there.
This is where you talk about it, right?

I wasn't sure if I should continue or not, but since someone actually benefited from it, here goes! Since you asked, the one in the video is an Ecliptic Falcata II. Here is the video of it:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This is where you talk about it, right?
Correct.

Hopefully I got this album right. Let me know if you can't view it for some reason. I didn't realize I found 25 unique ships last night. Fuck me I need a new hobby.

EDIT: I only took outside pics of the ones I didn't bother stealing again because I already had. Sorry about that. At the time I didn't realize I might be sharing for the stats.

EDIT 2: I can't seem to click the gallery and see the full-sized images even with them being my images. I can see the smaller previews and page through all 25 of them in this post, but when I click to go directly to imgur, it just gives me a grey screen. I even tried in a different browser with no ad blocks or anything. Is anyone else getting this, or can you view them no problem?

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Correct.

Hopefully I got this album right. Let me know if you can't view it for some reason. I didn't realize I found 25 unique ships last night. Fuck me I need a new hobby.

EDIT: I only took outside pics of the ones I didn't bother stealing again because I already had. Sorry about that. At the time I didn't realize I might be sharing for the stats.

EDIT 2: I can't seem to click the gallery and see the full-sized images even with them being my images. I can see the smaller previews and page through all 25 of them in this post, but when I click to go directly to imgur, it just gives me a grey screen. I even tried in a different browser with no ad blocks or anything. Is anyone else getting this, or can you view them no problem?
I can't see full size either.

1000006807.png1000006806.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just put them on Google drive and share the folder. Use the "anyone with the link" option, not the default share link that requires people to request access.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing this game for the last week or so, and I think it's pretty good. I get some of the criticism of the retarded crap in the game, and it's a performance nightmare under the hood and some really basic shit that doesn't exist should be added but the game overall is on solid footing and I think will provide a fair amount of entertainment to come. 8/10 for me. -1 point for the inexcusable performance issues, and -0.5 for some limited, but there, retarded dialog/pandering shit, and -0.5 for the absolutely god awful designs in character creation that look hideous as fuck.

All the drama about pronouns and shit is kinda retarded tbh. I don't see a problem with it in the context of setting the game up for the dialog that the NPCs will use to speak to you. The game doesn't ask you to choose the biological sex, they only have two options, which is correct (even if they do call it type 1/2). It truly doesn't bother me. Nor do the two gay relationships that seem to exist really bother me. The game doesn't put that in your face, and keeps it natural which I think is fine. I think the issue we always have with games that do this shit is often that it does it in your face, or forces you down a SJW type path (quest to plant gay flags or whatever), or oversexualizes the gay relationships specifically. Starfield really doesn't do this at least in the 50 or so hours I've got in it atm.

A good mix of strong women, strong men, and a cool universe. It's not as good as NMS in terms of exploration, but it's absolutely better on release than when NMS was on release. Hopefully they build some on it and fix the dogshit performance problems plaguing it. Getting 65 FPS on a 4090 in is terrible, and even if I turn settings down from pure ultra maxed to the lowest possible, I still can't get many more FPS than that -- maybe 5-10 or so.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've been playing this game for the last week or so, and I think it's pretty good. I get some of the criticism of the retarded crap in the game, and it's a performance nightmare under the hood and some really basic shit that doesn't exist should be added but the game overall is on solid footing and I think will provide a fair amount of entertainment to come. 8/10 for me. -1 point for the inexcusable performance issues, and -0.5 for some limited, but there, retarded dialog/pandering shit, and -0.5 for the absolutely god awful designs in character creation that look hideous as fuck.

All the drama about pronouns and shit is kinda retarded tbh. I don't see a problem with it in the context of setting the game up for the dialog that the NPCs will use to speak to you. The game doesn't ask you to choose the biological sex, they only have two options, which is correct (even if they do call it type 1/2). It truly doesn't bother me. Nor do the two gay relationships that seem to exist really bother me. The game doesn't put that in your face, and keeps it natural which I think is fine. I think the issue we always have with games that do this shit is often that it does it in your face, or forces you down a SJW type path (quest to plant gay flags or whatever), or oversexualizes the gay relationships specifically. Starfield really doesn't do this at least in the 50 or so hours I've got in it atm.

A good mix of strong women, strong men, and a cool universe. It's not as good as NMS in terms of exploration, but it's absolutely better on release than when NMS was on release. Hopefully they build some on it and fix the dogshit performance problems plaguing it. Getting 65 FPS on a 4090 in is terrible, and even if I turn settings down from pure ultra maxed to the lowest possible, I still can't get many more FPS than that -- maybe 5-10 or so.
Tl;Dr - the Overton window has shifted

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So, I boarded a ship today and it was a Va'Ruun Prophecy II. I was not able to pilot it but from looking elsewhere I see a Va'Ruun Prophecy is a C class, so that seems good? I'm level 68 so that might be a factor. I really wish I could have kept it. It was absolutely massive.

Edit: It was on Gunibuu V-b, fwiw.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

DickTrickle

So, I boarded a ship today and it was a Va'Ruun Prophecy II. I was not able to pilot it but from looking elsewhere I see a Va'Ruun Prophecy is a C class, so that seems good? I'm level 68 so that might be a factor. I really wish I could have kept it. It was absolutely massive.

Also just got into a Crimson Fleet Wight II, another massive class C ship. Looking like level is probably a pretty big determinant on what ships land or there's something about this place. I'm just trying to find the last mineral...

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Was it on the ground or was it in space and you boarded it?

It is possible that character level matters for ships that land on a planet, but I got completely assraped one time by multiple level 73 Class C ships (I'm 18) while taking off from that level 75 planet I mentioned (Fermi), so I feel like the space encounters follow the level of the system. The ones that land on the ground don't seem to care except for the level of the guys inside BUT I could be completely wrong and I'd get much better ships if I leveled up.

EDIT: I see with your recent post that you got another, and it was grounded, so maybe I've been wasting my time by not leveling. Good to know for others at least.

DickTrickle

Was it on the ground or was it in space and you boarded it?

It is possible that character level matters for ships that land on a planet, but I got completely assraped one time by multiple level 73 Class C ships (I'm 18) while taking off from that level 75 planet I mentioned (Fermi), so I feel like the space encounters follow the level of the system. The ones that land on the ground don't seem to care except for the level of the guys inside BUT I could be completely wrong and I'd get much better ships if I leveled up.

EDIT: I see with your recent post that you got another, and it was grounded, so maybe I've been wasting my time by not leveling. Good to know for others at least.
Yeah, both were grounded. There was another massive ship but it took off before I got in. The system is only level 20 so I think player level is probably determining a lot. I honestly ignore most ship landings but the size of these caught my eye and that's why I investigated.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, both were grounded. There was another massive ship but it took off before I got in. The system is only level 20 so I think player level is probably determining a lot. I honestly ignore most ship landings but the size of these caught my eye and that's why I investigated.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the combination of info from people here will help others get better results. Imagine if I were a higher level and got 25 unique Type C ships! At least if I choose to do it again in the future I've worked out a decent process for it. I guess I'll spend the weekend leveling!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Disagree, unless you're implying it shifted over a decade ago, but I don't want to fag up the Starfield thread.
Would you think it was weird if video game characters, in every single game, started asking you if you have 10 fingers and 10 toes at the beginning of each conversation, and told you how many they have? Would that seem weird and unnecessary to you, especially if it's in every single game and isn't even remotely relevant to the story?

Do you think it's weird that male and female is no longer an option in most games? That characters ask and report pronouns? That gays are overrepresented in every piece of media?

This stuff would have been laughably out of place and absurd 10 years ago. But today, you're handwaving it away because "it was barely noticable" or whatever.

That's fine. Enjoy your game. But I don't know how you can shrug it off AND say this isn't evidence that the Overton window has shifted.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users