Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, meh. If noticed he said "for the next console generation". Which they haven't even breached talking about yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So this is what, a 2020 release at the earliest?

Is this console gen really going to be that short? Didn't PS4/xboxX just come out like a year ago?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider

Is this console gen really going to be that short? Didn't PS4/xboxX just come out like a year ago?

Ps4 was 2013, so a hypothetical holiday 2020 ps5 release would mean we got a pretty healthy generation. Console gaming was in a pathetic state at the end of the ps360 era and PC gaming was further ahead of it than I ever remember. Honestly a generation abbreviated by a few years and with an optional hardware upgrade in the middle was a really good play by Sony imo.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Graphics card scarcity and PS4 Pro able to pull 4K HDR made it worth picking up a console for me. That said, do they mean "next next gen" or PS4 Pro/XB1X?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Graphics card scarcity and PS4 Pro able to pull 4K HDR made it worth picking up a console for me. That said, do they mean "next next gen" or PS4 Pro/XB1X?

I'm thinking they mean PS5 and whatever nomenclature they come up with for the next XBox.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Console gaming is hassle-free, which is 90% of why I love it more than PC gaming. No issues with crashes, compatibility, meeting specs, etc.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Those arent a new gen, they are upgraded models. Like the Xbox Elite etc.

Xbox 360 had 7-8 year run. We are are just over 4.5 on Xbone right now.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Console gaming is hassle-free, which is 90% of why I love it more than PC gaming. No issues with crashes, compatibility, meeting specs, etc.

How old is your computer that you have had issues with meeting specs and crashes? Its been almost a decade since specs were even a concern at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I dunno man my new PC is pretty damn easy now with updating and patches. However when it comes to pricing yes it was 4-5x the Xbox X.

The Pro and X are great consoles.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
How old is your computer that you have had issues with meeting specs and crashes? Its been almost a decade since specs were even a concern at this point.

Yah, I agree. But I think what he means is something he can turn on and play, and not have to worry about technical stuff like drivers, patches for everything, etc.

*shrug*

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yah, I agree. But I think what he means is something he can turn on and play, and not have to worry about technical stuff like drivers, patches for everything, etc.

*shrug*

The PS4 install and update time of sometimes more than 60 minutes though, Jesus christ. I even have a 300mbps connection, and the download time is sometimes still obscenely long. I can download a 120gb game and be playing in 30 minutes via steam. The update servers suck. But still, that's only the initial. And you don't have to worry about individual hardware driver updates like you do on a PC, or the incredibly complex variety of hardware mixes and matches, but at the end of the day it's still a console and hardly as versatile or compatible as a PC.

But this isn't a fucking PC vs Console debate. There's a whole other thread for that. Those of us who aren't poor can afford, use, and tolerate each for their shortcomings. In the end, sometimes we just wanna fucking play a game. Why I also own a 3DS, Vita, Switch, etc etc., in addition to my PC.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They still don't have any gameplay. Chances of them actually hitting that release date with a decent product? Odds not good.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

They've been pulling various teams to assist with it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get something shown by the fall or winter. When is the next big "games show"?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
They've been pulling various teams to assist with it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get something shown by the fall or winter. When is the next big "games show"?
Well, Skyrim was announced at the Game Awards way back in the day. Wouldn't be shocking to see gameplay there.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
For me the real downside to this is announcement is that they are still using the creation engine.

• 4Like
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Well, Skyrim was announced at the Game Awards way back in the day. Wouldn't be shocking to see gameplay there.
that was over 10 years ago. Today's Todd "Cuck" Howard and Co aren't gonna do anything at all until their revenue streams say it's time to put some info out to calm the investors

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious how they're going to translate their theme park open world RPG style into a near-future space sim.

Something like Bethesda does Freelancer is pretty exciting and is what a ton of people really want, but I doubt they're getting there with this near-future tech unless this is going to be an Expanse-style game where the player goes through a 'Oh shit we just invented a new drive tech oh no we crossed some inter-galactic threshold of technology and now an alien race is uplifting us....' story arc.

I'm going to laugh if Starfield is a hyper-realistic space sim that tries to fuse the technical simplicity of Kerbal Space Program and fun gameplay loops of Death Stranding.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
For me the real downside to this is announcement is that they are still using the creation engine.
According to their twitter, the game's going to be the first one to run on 'Creation Engine 2', which at least sounds like it's going to be a new engine. We'll see, I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user