Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I can't wait to steal forks from oblivious shopkeepers on other planets.

• 3Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
What are some examples of good Unity games? I’ve only played one that I know for sure is Unity, Edge of Eternity, and while it’s a cool game the engine isn’t something I’d be like “oohhh make your game with that!” cause it’s kind of janky. The animations are awful, there’s weird physics, etc.

Tarkov is on unity I think?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After Fallout 4 and 76 I refuse to get hyped about anything Todd Howard says.

Also fuck Creation engine right in Azura’s Blue front hole.

(I say this as I play new Vegas and Skyrim for the 50th time.)

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After Fallout 4 and 76 I refuse to get hyped about anything Todd Howard says.

Also fuck Creation engine right in Azura’s Blue front hole.

(I say this as I play new Vegas and Skyrim for the 50th time.)

For me it was going from Morrowind to Oblivion that was jarring. I was sorta on the hype train that Todd and Pete built prior to release, and most of what they said was just bullshit. They have had zero goodwill from me, ever since.

New Vegas was good, but Bethesda had hardly anything to do with it. Skyrim was only made great by the modders, since the base game is mediocre, at best (I feel sorry for all the kids that only played it on a console).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For me it was going from Morrowind to Oblivion that was jarring. I was sorta on the hype train that Todd and Pete built prior to release, and most of what they said was just bullshit. They have had zero goodwill from me, ever since.

New Vegas was good, but Bethesda had hardly anything to do with it. Skyrim was only made great by the modders, since the base game is mediocre, at best (I feel sorry for all the kids that only played it on a console).

yeah sure morrowind is the best but Oblivion was great especially Shivering Isles. Fantastic story with Sheogorath and Jyggalag.

Skyrim is great especially in VR with mods. If you want look up my VR mod posts VR thread. Pure insanity with high Rez and 3090. Easily top-five greatest gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

I hear you on the way the company went down the shitter though I just think it was a bigger leap from Skyrim to 76.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, FO76 in particular to me was just borderline irredeemable. At least FO4 was playable and worth the time you spent on it (imo).... Not sure how good a studio Bethesda even is anymore, as the days of Skyrim, Morrowind, FO seem like a lifetime ago, created in a far different world than we find ourselves in today. Not sure I'd call them Blizzard yet, but a lot hangs on the quality of Starfield and give them about a 50/50 chance to stick the landing.

Burns

yeah sure morrowind is the best but Oblivion was great especially Shivering Isles. Fantastic story with Sheogorath and Jyggalag.

Skyrim is great. Look up my VR mod posts I’ve got in VR thread. Easily top-five greatest gaming experience I’ve ever had.

For Oblivion, I think I got through closing 3 or 4 of the same-ish portals (into the realm of boredom), quit, read on the net that they were all RNG bullshit, and never played it again.

I am sure part of it was just the sheer disappointment over the ill fated hype-train that the two chuckle-fucks spun, but I also disliked the level scaling, the lack of flying, pruned abilities, and the fact that you could lead the Mages, Warriors, and Thieves at the same time (at least from what I remember about it, as I am sure I have forgotten things after 15 years).

Base Skyrim had the same-ish problems (no RNG shenanigans), but I liked the world and story better; which in turn gave me enough motivation to sift through the modding scene. The mods fleshed out the story, made the war actually work, removed level scaling, and changed a slew of other issues.

I don't have VR, but the one review I watched of the half-life game basically said that VR makes even the simplest gameplay an awesome spectacle to behold.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ya, FO76 in particular to me was just borderline irredeemable. At least FO4 was playable and worth the time you spent on it (imo).... Not sure how good a studio Bethesda even is anymore, as the days of Skyrim, Morrowind, FO seem like a lifetime ago, created in a far different world than we find ourselves in today. Not sure I'd call them Blizzard yet, but a lot hangs on the quality of Starfield and give them about a 50/50 chance to stick the landing.
Never played at release, but right now FO76 is pretty decent as a stand alone Fallout game even if you discount multiplayer. But the multiplayer makes it all that much sweeter. How many times did you say to yourself man it would be great to play FO3 or FO4 with buddies as co-op.

Honestly the game is not bad today. Has about 100+ hours of story and side quests, tons of events etc.. If youre talking about FO76 when it released youre really doing the game a disservice now when they added in a slew of content since.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Never played FO76 and didn't follow it, but isn't like, a budget version of a Bethesda Game Studios game that got brought into the Bethesda fold halfway through development?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Never played at release, but right now FO76 is pretty decent as a stand alone Fallout game even if you discount multiplayer. But the multiplayer makes it all that much sweeter. How many times did you say to yourself man it would be great to play FO3 or FO4 with buddies as co-op.

Honestly the game is not bad today. Has about 100+ hours of story and side quests, tons of events etc.. If youre talking about FO76 when it released youre really doing the game a disservice now when they added in a slew of content since.
Yeah, FO76 is definitely underrated. I never played release, but played it several months ago and couldn't help but have the thought, "People hated this? It's basically FO4, but multiplayer".

• 1Like

Cybsled

Most of the people hating it either only played release or watched some clickbait “Yong Yea needs a new car, gimme ad dollars” FO76 hate videos and assumed the game was that

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Never played FO76 and didn't follow it, but isn't like, a budget version of a Bethesda Game Studios game that got brought into the Bethesda fold halfway through development?
It got shit on in the beginning for sure. But like I said its pretty fucking solid right now. world is huge with different biomes. Same enemies as FO4 and some new ones. Boss battles, rare elite enemies dungeons, they added in ops like content recently started the brotherhood quest line which will be finished this summer with more content. etc...etc... Plus shit is farmable as it respawns. Which is kinda cool because I always hated that majority of stuff never respawn in standalone FO games. They also have a vendor type system where you can sell shit to other players, things like rare recipes, rare weapons, sought after armor, etc...

Building module is pretty nuts too. Way more than FO4 had. You can build some really cool shit in FO76 if youre into that sort of thing.

Its definitely not a budget Fallout game, lol. Might be still a bit lacking in end game content type stuff, but they are constantly adding to it.

If you like the fallout games like FO3 FO4 FONV, this should definitely be on your list.

Plus I love the music in this game. top notch.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It got shit on in the beginning for sure. But like I said its pretty fucking solid right now. world is huge with different biomes. Same enemies as FO4 and some new ones. Boss battles, rare elite enemies dungeons, they added in ops like content recently started the brotherhood quest line which will be finished this summer with more content. etc...etc... Plus shit is farmable as it respawns. Which is kinda cool because I always hated that majority of stuff never respawn in standalone FO games. They also have a vendor type system where you can sell shit to other players, things like rare recipes, rare weapons, sought after armor, etc...

Building module is pretty nuts too. Way more than FO4 had. You can build some really cool shit in FO76 if youre into that sort of thing.

Its definitely not a budget Fallout game, lol. Might be still a bit lacking in end game content type stuff, but they are constantly adding to it.

If you like the fallout games like FO3 FO4 FONV, this should definitely be on your list.

Plus I love the music in this game. top notch.
Is this bullshit still in the game?

1623881916013.jpeg

Cybsled Cybsled hell no. I’ve watched on twitch it’s not for me.

Last edited:

Burns

Welcome to gaming in 2020.

Welcome to AAA gaming maybe, and so, AAA gaming can go fuck itself. AA gaming and indies are making plenty of good games; I don't need those shitheal companies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Welcome to AAA gaming maybe, and so, AAA gaming can go fuck itself. AA gaming and indies are making plenty of good games; I don't need those shitheal companies.
Thats cool, never said you had to buy it. Just speaking from my experience of about 130 hrs last spring playing with my kid. (when covid first hit and we were all stuck at home). Dont buy it, dont play it. I really dont give a shit lol.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Has about 100+ hours of story and side quests, tons of events etc..
Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? I thought when the game came out there wasn't much of a story other than it just being a big sandbox, and I think some more items you could find.

Did they patch in quest NPCs and some sort of main storyline?

If that's the case I'll probably pick it up and rope a couple of friends along with me.