Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They are leveraging AI to squash bugs instead of whiney cunt blue hair unionized shit bags who complain about working 30 hours a week.

It's the handful of times I do not mind AI putting people out of a job - especially when they are as worthless as QA unions in gaming.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Still haven't finished BG3, now this is coming out, and I'm prepping a D&D campaign. Not enough time in the day!

#firstworldproblems

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They are leveraging AI to squash bugs instead of whiney cunt blue hair unionized shit bags who complain about working 30 hours a week.

It's the handful of times I do not mind AI putting people out of a job - especially when they are as worthless as QA unions in gaming.
What do you know about BGS using AI for QA? I haven't heard anything about it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What do you know about BGS using AI for QA? I haven't heard anything about it.

They implemented four months ago. A few support models below.

And another good reason Acti/Blizz QA will be getting their ass kicked out of dodge come closing time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

They implemented four months ago. A few support models below.

And another good reason Acti/Blizz QA will be getting their ass kicked out of dodge come closing time.
Is there anything you've seen that indicates that BGS is using this? There's a lot of AI chaffe over the last year.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is there anything you've seen that indicates that BGS is using this? There's a lot of AI chaffe over the last year.

Common sense really.

Space flight was overhauled within about 9 months and Microsoft has the tools built out specifically for gaming.

(Just like Booty stated in 2022)

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Todd actually comes right out and specifically says they used something like that. timestamped:

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Todd actually comes right out and specifically says they used something like that. timestamped:

That sounds absolutely nothing like AI, but really standard game testing stuff that's been around since the 90s. He even goes out of his way to call it dumb.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Yeah this doesn't sound like what Mr. Booty was talking about. Some AI that uses a deep learning network of some kind to learn how to play and then being fed a bunch of savepoints and immediate goals would be interesting. I haven't seen anyone talk about testing games like this.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah that video was 8 months ago but they were using their own testing pilots as you can see in the video. The first part is basic crash testing and object load/streaming stress.

They started in on the real stuff in June after the MS Co-Pilot announcement from March. That last part where Todd is talking about a scripted bot that can run through the beginning quests - that has expanded through machine learning and they have over 2,000 instances of the game being played in all aspects gauging scripting errors, typos, object clipping, Z-Axis alignment, memory leaks, streaming issues, core dumps, frame testing, frame limiting, tears - to name a few.

Will be interesting to find out here in about 3 days for early access how it all panned out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that video was 8 months ago but they were using their own testing pilots as you can see in the video. The first part is basic crash testing and object load/streaming stress.

They started in on the real stuff in June after the MS Co-Pilot announcement from March. That last part where Todd is talking about a scripted bot that can run through the beginning quests - that has expanded through machine learning and they have over 2,000 instances of the game being played in all aspects gauging scripting errors, typos, object clipping, Z-Axis alignment, memory leaks, streaming issues, core dumps, frame testing, frame limiting, tears - to name a few.

Will be interesting to find out here in about 3 days for early access how it all panned out.
I'm about 80% sure you're capping and are assuming way too much integration of Microsoft's broad array of technology with literally a subsidiary (BGS) of a subsidiary (zenimax) of a subsidiary (xbox game studios).

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm about 80% sure you're capping and are assuming way too much integration of Microsoft's broad array of technology with literally a subsidiary (BGS) of a subsidiary (zenimax) of a subsidiary (xbox game studios).
Stop using 15 year old zoomer words you boomer faggot.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Stop using 15 year old zoomer words you boomer faggot.
It's OK, I have a permit.

ron-bacon.gif

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 10 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

No idea what capping is. Not assuming anything. I already know what's being used. Why is this such a big deal for you? Do you work QA and worried about your job?

Microsoft is heavily involved and has been assisting in the development of Starfield for a while now since it was in early production.

• 1Truth!